Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

It's Over: Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes - Who Would Have Guessed It?

[mp...]

Wow!! I never heard a peep about this!!! She's going for full custody. Now that I think of it, his camp didn't make a big deal out of the premier for Rock Of Ages.

They usually dragged Katie around like a dressed up pet during premier season.

What do you think of it?

M.

I just could never understand how he seemed to have "picked her out" or shopped for her, and she went for it because as a teen she had a crush on him??? Is this a good formula for a marriage, for a child?

I just hope she doesn't think for one second that she will actually get custody! He will never allow that, and he has all the money and power behind him!

Last time 'round though, we heard of him fooling around with Penelope Cruz, there's been no gossip of any hanky panky this time, I would have heard!

I really thought he would hang on to her until the old 10 year mark, when California demands a 50/50 split of assets. Unless the unthinkable, could Kathie have found "true love"? If so, the guy should make sure he looks behind himself!

M.

[4c...]

it was inevitable

im glad for her .the whole thing has been a circus show from day one

i really think the guy is very screwed up

Maybe she just grew up. Still, very sad because there's a lovely little girl involved. I fear her parents will play tug-of-war with her.  :(

M.

[4c...]

a child belongs with the mother unless she is unfit to care ,over here thats the line the courts take regardless

if he goes for custody it proves what an egotistical man he is

it is my impression that he has some pretty concrete ideas of how a child should be reared, I don't think he trusts anyone or anything outside of his watch

M.

Well,Tom Cruise Scientology & all that.  ::)I know when he was married to Nicole Kidman, he had major dental work done in Australia as he has bad periodontal disease- told to me by a dentist. I saw him with Nicole in the distance at an opening for a movie in the city here, they were standing on the stairs in the foyer & funnily enough i had a feeling then that their marriage was over then & it was all just a publicity photo, & also in Eyes Wide Shut seemed to me they were  not a" romantic item" anymore. They owned a large modern house on New Beach Road on the harbour & in the same street as the the CYC (yacht club) of Australia,( within easy walking distance from where we are living now, the next less cosmopolitan & very ritzy suburb along.)

Verrrryyyy interesting.

Do you think that all 3 marriages have been kind of an over blown publicity stunt then?

M.

Who knows ? I know Tom first spotted  Nicole Kidman when she was playing opposite Sam Neil in that rather good movie "Dead Calm"when she was very young. There's something wooden about Tom Cruise though.

Ara. :)

I really like that movie, it's hard to believe she is the same person now. I think she's become quite wooden, or maybe the word is plastic?  ;D

The other movie that I thought was an excellent performance of hers was Malice with Alec Baldwin.

M.

I haven't seen Malice (will get it out),but I do like Alec Baldwin .

Yes, Nicole has had soooo much plastic surgery, very Hollyweird.

She's very tall 6ft as is Kate Blanchett, but Kate is more natural looking, & married to a sensible stable guy.

Absolutely love Cate B., I think her only movie that I have not seen is The Aviator. I just couldn't buy all the modern actors playing the greats from long ago. I especially couldn't see little Leo deC playing Howard Hughes.

Malice is very good yarn, kind of a "little movie" that could. Some red herrings thrown in and it features Gwyneth Paltrow in one of her first parts. Great cameo by Anne Bancroft. Loved it.

M.

Big news in the U.S.A.? I read a small artikel about it in  a Dutch newspaper. Tom is populair in Holland. The mission impossible movies wee big ove here. But the marriage with Kate Holmes never hit the newspapers over here i thought.

One question, is this the woman that he was so madly in love with when he was on the Oprah show, where he was jumping up and down like a mad man?

mplsgrl, i thought so. Funny how you remember so many totally unimportant stuff! The one thing that i remember thinking when i watched that was like Tom, come on, man you don`t need that! Stop acting like a fool.

In Europe another big moviestar in in every gossip show and paper. It is mr. Depp. His wife found at that he was having an afair by going through his mobile!!

Did mrs. Depp think he was faithfull for 14 years? I think he was engaged to almost every girl he did a movie with!! and more! He wanted to get caught, everyone goes through their other's mobile now! Stupid.

It is insane the dumb things I remember!! Of course, and I mean this, I still get panicky when I have to say my address!!!

M.  :smitten:

I know a lot of people see her as a victim, but do you think maybe it could have always been a 5 year deal to advance both of their agendas? Just thinkin' out loud here. Things are not usually what they appear in Hollywood - smoke and mirrors!  ;D

M.  :smitten:

It could be although I think she was really naive when they first met. Nothing in Hollywood would surprise me though.

[62...]

Okay, you girls sucked me in. Shame on you!  :laugh:

So, you know all this stuff that's going on with Travolta? Well, don't be surprised if someday you hear similar stuff about Cruise. Not masseuse stuff but rather his (Cruise's) sexual orientation in general. He's been extremely careful up until now but it will come out sooner or later in one way or another. (credible source, I assure you)

M, you're big into Hollywood and all the haps there. You shouldn't raise even an 1/32" of your eyebrow about the above. I just think it's sad that these people are forced to hide their sexuality just because they're heart throbs. I understand why they do but, still, it's sad.

Okay, I just read yesterday that Depp's relationship crashed and burned. Wad up wit dat? Someone fill me in, please. I am in love with Johnny Depp, always have been since his early days, so enquiring minds must know!  ;)

:smitten: