Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Music at 1 yr Benzo Free

[2w...]

I just wanted to post about how helpful music has been for me over this past year.

It's helped me deal with the many emotions that have resurfaced after stopping benzos, a/d's, z-drugs and mood stabilizers.

I've been dealing with loss, guilt, depression, anxiety, rage, sadness, joy, regret...you name it I've felt it and some of it I'm still processing.

I've listened to the "Foo Fighters" when I've felt anger, had increased energy  or just gone on long drives not knowing where I was going.

I've listened to Dave Matthews when I wanted to cry....wanted to give up....when I just wanted to feel my feelings.

I've listened to worship music when I've needed to be connected with God, when I needed hope and when I was in prayer.

I've listened to Train, John Mayer Switchfoot and others when I needed inspiration, when I needed to remember when I came from, when I needed to remember who I was at my core.

I don't know how people deal with things without having music. It creates memories, it processes feelings and it allows to experience life in so many ways.

I've attended many concerts while in w/d and missed a few too. I've stood in the audience...filled with tears, wondered if this would ever get better and I've felt more alive than I have ever in my life. It's an indescribable feeling.....and experience. It's like being reborn all over again, only now I have more faith, more strength and more hope.

I just wanted to share my experience with you guys on BB. Thanks for being there and reading my posts this past year.

Love,

Lou