Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Typos in my posts

[jo...]

Some of you may notice that I have a lot of typos in my post.

This is because I am all fingers and thumbs on my keyboard.

I know it looks rude not to correct them, but if I did, it would take me half a day to reply to/make a single post.

I touch type because I cannot handle the way my eyes get tired if I have to watch my fingers on the keyboard.

Touch typing is faster.

The problem is, when I learnt to touch type, i didnt really learn properly.

i figured that if there are extra letters in my words, or letters are jumbled up, people would still recognise the word being typed and if not, I am happy to say what word I meant if pepole ask.

Certain words are harder to type, words like p-e-o-p-l-e and some others which I cant think of.

For instance the word refrigerator may come out as refridgerasretor, but in context in the sentence, many peole would know whjat I mean.

I hope this explaims why there are so mnay typos and I hope that it does not make my posts hard work to read.

Don't worry about it, Journey.  The human mind automatically unscrambles words for us.  Here's an exercise I've always liked:

Scrambled Text

Have you seen this? Try to read it.

Aoccdrnig to a rseearch sduty at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are,

the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rhgit pclae.  The rset can be a toatl mses and

you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm.  Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef,

but the wrod as a wlohe.

Challis  :mybuddy:

• 3 weeks later...
Some of you may notice that I have a lot of typos in my post. This is because I am all fingers and thumbs on my keyboard.

I know it looks rude not to correct them, but if I did, it would take me half a day to reply to/make a single post.

Journey, I have read several of your posts and in my opinion you do not make lots of typos.  Perhaps you set yourself high standards in these matters and are currently not living up to them!

For a long time I didn't know I was in withdrawal but I noticed was making lots of typos.  I couldn't see the mistakes at the time even if I re-read my messages carefully but afterwards I saw I had made real mess of many messages.  I was not just all fingers and thumbs (as you put it) but I couldn't manage concentrate and was highly inattentive.

I looked back at a letter I had written and the following is an extract of what I had written.  So you can see, you're doing pretty good by comparison!  Please don't worry about your typos.

I understanmd you informed the othe three epople no tto reply to the advocae erve but to pas the letter s to yorself.  thes eletters were senf almost exaclt 2 months go ont .

i have eert experienced befoewe (and as the clinacl notes pojtn out) I have only had a far more oinir bi deoression

-Zoner

Don't worry about it, Journey.  The human mind automatically unscrambles words for us.  Here's an exercise I've always liked:

Scrambled Text

Have you seen this? Try to read it.

Aoccdrnig to a rseearch sduty at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are,

the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rhgit pclae.  The rset can be a toatl mses and

you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm.  Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef,

but the wrod as a wlohe.

Challis  :mybuddy:

Hi Challis.... That is amazing... never saw that one... Read it with no problem.  Like you Journey, now I don't feel so bad!  Thanks.  Good post!  Patty