Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

"As Seen On TV"

[mp...]

I always want to buy the crazy things advertised on TV. I keep believing they will work!

I truly have never bought anything directly from TV, but once it's available through of those ubiquitous catalogues, then I have been guilty of throwing my money away on some pretty stupid things.

I just saw something that I want: Roto Punch. A tool that has multiple punch bits on a wheel which enables you to make holes in belts and watches, etc. The bonus is a tool that puts snaps on, including dozens of snaps.

Do I need this, no.  Do I want this, Yes!!

Have you ever wanted something "As Seen On TV"? or is it just me?  :idiot:

M.  :laugh:

Oh M...Oh M...Oh M.... :yippee: I am such a sucker for these Modern Day Miracles.  I don't buy them off T.V. however.  I prefer to blow my money at Walmart or Bed Bath and Beyond so I never get the buy one get one free, once in a lifetime offer.  I have:

That round thingy you fill will water and toss in the dryer cycle so you never have to iron again.  It sounds like a bowling ball banging around in an empty dumpster.  Yes...I still have to iron. :'(

That putty stuff that will seal any crack or hole in any item you own...even that nasty crator in the bottom of your row boat...bought it for The Husband and the only thing he wanted to plug up was my mouth.  So the jury is still out on this one.

A friend bought me the Mircale Copper Bracelet that she was sure would cure my fibromyalgia...after all the woman on TV got out of her wheelchair and ran across the room.  My wrist turned green and I still gimp when I walk so this one gets a big fat F...or maybe a D+ because I do so enjoy a nice game of ring toss on occasion.

I bought the grout whitener just the other day...haven't tried it yet.  I hope I'm not disappointed but I have a feeling bleach would work just as well.

There's a sucker born every minute...Me, Me...it's me!

Donna :smitten:

Donna

:laugh: :laugh:

Donna, I only by them from a catalog, or online. I've heard that when you buy these things over the phone, it's an automatic services, and they "help you out" by enrolling you, using your credit card, in future buying schemes. Aren't they nice?  And then apparently, it's like cold death to try to stop the program and/or get a refund.

I have bought and used the putty.

I have bought and used the grout whitener - I ruined a gorgeous silk screened black/white Beatles themed t-shirt using it because I am at once smart AND stupid. It helped me get dated of men who were real winners!  :sick:

The round thingy sounds good, I've never seen it. I did buy 6 plastic spiked balls from a catalog that do the same thing. I think they do, either that or they are 'special' toys for some real kinky, lonely old gals!  >:D

Both my grandmothers had copper bracelets that they swore helped with their arthritis. Well, if my grandmothers said it, we know it's true!

M.  :smitten:

M...does the grout whitener work?  I scraped some of the tile off the kitchen floor with a putty knife (had a fit of restlessness one night) and have to match all the grout once I replace the tile pieces.  I was hoping this would work?

:smitten: Donna

It works for what it is,

My grout was all still present, just discolored. So for them to say it fills in is not really accurate. It's quite thin and I find it basically like White Out. Very runny, not thick like grout filler.

Very messy. It comes in a little bottle with a wheel like applicator, it's kind of hard to squeeze the little bottle in a steady but pretty forceful way. You end up wiping quite a bit more off than you leave on.

I also heard it's not as good for your hair!

M.  :laugh:  :smitten:

It works for what it is,

My grout was all still present, just discolored. So for them to say it fills in is not really accurate. It's quite thin and I find it basically like White Out. Very runny, not thick like grout filler.

Very messy. It comes in a little bottle with a wheel like applicator, it's kind of hard to squeeze the little bottle in a steady but pretty forceful way. You end up wiping quite a bit more off than you leave on.

I also heard it's not as good for your hair!

M.  :laugh::smitten:

It probably IS good for my hair...LOL!  I think I'll return it.  Thanks for the heads up.  On TV it looks thick and precise.

Donna :smitten: