Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

A HEADS UP!

[pa...]

You may already know.. This year is going to be a bad tick season.  The reason, a bad acorn season that has affected the mouse population.  So, tick bites are going to be on the rise with humans and pets.  Since antibiotics are the treatment to prevent Lyme's Disease...  Please take every precaution in protecting yourself.  Just wanted to share, read a very in depth article of this today.  Patty

Thanks Patty!

My MOM lives 20 miles from me. Her yard and two dogs are eaten up with ticks. You can even see the little mites/ticks crawling on the sidewalks. She used a product on both dogs to no avail. So now we are going to try to bathe them. I wanted to get diamataceous earth to put everywhere but read that it can be toxic too :-

Lyme disease is horrific!

T2

Thanks Patty!

I live in the most known area for Deer Tics and Lyme's is very high here. I have never had a tic on me.I found 3 on my little guy who is 7 last week before they could attach.And Unfortunately I woke 10 days ago and found one in me.

I'm in the waiting game for sickness and have been getting somewhat ill the last 4 days. Not good. Ill be going this week for testing...I'm so upset to think what Ill have to go through considering the treatment is extremely high IV antibiotics for 30 days that could send me rt back into severe w/d :(

~Jenny

Thanks Patty!

I live in the most known area for Deer Tics and Lyme's is very high here. I have never had a tic on me.I found 3 on my little guy who is 7 last week before they could attach.And Unfortunately I woke 10 days ago and found one in me.

I'm in the waiting game for sickness and have been getting somewhat ill the last 4 days. Not good. Ill be going this week for testing...I'm so upset to think what Ill have to go through considering the treatment is extremely high IV antibiotics for 30 days that could send me rt back into severe w/d :(

Oh, Jenny... I'm sorry, this is the last you need.  I got a tic bite last year, I ended up feeling horrible, and with the stiff neck,, I didn't know it was a tick bite, til I went in to the doc.. Had the stiff neck for months on end, though, due to benzo wds years ago, I can't take anything.. hey, it all worked out, thank God, I'm still here, no Lyme's disease.. just still big time wds with my hubby.  I pray.. you'll be ok... hang in there dear friend... Love and hugs, Pattylu

~Jenny

Went to MOM'S today. She and my brother had gone to the vet's office to get spray for the yard and the dogs. The infestation was just unbelievable. Brother said he counted over 200 ticks he removed from both dogs. Then they were sprayed and more fell off and died. This evening, we checked them again and found more. So, we took bacon grease and covered those. 

Jaso, hope you feel better soon and won't have to have iv therapy!..............T2

Went to MOM'S today. She and my brother had gone to the vet's office to get spray for the yard and the dogs. The infestation was just unbelievable. Brother said he counted over 200 ticks he removed from both dogs. Then they were sprayed and more fell off and died. This evening, we checked them again and found more. So, we took bacon grease and covered those. 

Jaso, hope you feel better soon and won't have to have iv therapy!..............T2

OMG... 200 ticks, and then more fell off after the spray?  Then more again??  What state do you live in??

The poor dogs, and all of you.... Almost makes me ill thinking about it.  Just hope none of you get bit by them.  Do dogs get Lyme's disease?  Gosh, that article I read.. man they weren't kidding...  Patty

Texas. Am not sure if dogs get lyme but they do get what's called 'Tick Fever.' After the yard spraying and the dogs being sprayed and additional ticks being doused with bacon grease, everything seems to be better. No more ticks today. Have never seen anything like this here.