Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

judged :(

[Ni...]

Today I get a message from another support group I'm trying to join on a social site, don't know if its against the rules to mention the site. But basically I was turned away because of the way I look. Wth! The message stated you look like a negative person and we can't allow someone like that in our group. It hurt. I'm not a negative person, I just have a lot of tattoos and enjoy metal music. That's all they were able to see. They don't know that I'm (well was and will be again) a licensed vet technician and I volunteer my time, that I'm a Roman Catholic, or I groom the eldery neighbors dogs for free. So I guess they probably thought I was an addict junkie. So not fair. I don't even drink or smoke. I'm anti drug. It just hurts.

[5a...]

Im sorry Nicole that you have been judged based on your looks. Thats very unfair. Dont understand why a support site would need a photo of you anyway?

We are so fragile at this time too so its makes it even more difficult because we so want to belong.

I hope you can continue to get the support that you need on BB :)  :smitten:

I too have many tattoos, as do my sister, brother, fiancée and actually my cousin is a tattoo artist so I have seen some negative ways people can be treated but honestly it's getting better than it was. I'm sorry you were treated like that but you will get nothing but support here. Welcome to the forum

I have been warned about a site, I won't mention the name here either, that is really negative and kind of like a "cult".  You are safe here with us, don't go. . . Angelluv

The only thing a tattoo shows is the owner's creative expression.

I am so sorry you have been judged by those who have no idea who you are.

Welcome to a "club" where the only downside is what we all have been through/going through to get here.

M.

Hi

Who wouldn't like rock and metal music its awesome :o) music helps get me through this and if they are that judgemental do you really want to be a part of it ...

T

Hi Nicole,

That is just incredibly sad and a group that no one shoudl would want to be part of.  How dare they ask for a picture and then make a judgment on you!!!  We need to know who they are so other people can avoid them and not be hurt like you were.  Please PM me if you don't want to list the group publicly.  That is just hateful and I'm sorry that you fell prey to people who obviously have other than good intentions. 

I wonder if they've ever heard the adage, "Judge not lest ye be judged"?

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Newrain

Hey Nicole,

I'm so sorry that happened. You sounds like a really positive person to me. People are so judgmental. Many people I have shared my story with think I'm an addict or that I have mental issues so I've just stopped sharing with people. I wish there was a support group for this where I could go and see you guys every night or each day and talk about metal music, dogs and what we're going through.

Hang in there. You have us and we're here for you no matter what.

Love,

Lou

• 2 years later...

i got my life lesson of being hurt from people,,,,

now they can hurt me ,,,,i don't give a shit,,,i studied psychology  and i very well know that this hurting has nothing to do with me

but with peoples misery,,,,,,

do you really wanna stay on that forum after what they did to you?????????

if your answer is yes,,,,

than i can tell you ,,,,ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND!!!!!

Well, you're in good company. Bob Geldof is hardly a poster boy for the "clean" look, especially these days, yet he has probably done more to help others than this particular group will ever do. I doubt he would care too much if people judged him on his appearance. Russell Brand is another one you probably wouldn't want to take home to meet Mother, but he does a lot of anti-drug campaigning. You don't need judgemental people in your life.

HI NICHOLE,

I'M SORRY YOU WERE TREATED IN SUCH A HATEFUL WAY.

HONESTLY, IN THIS DAY AND TIME WHO DOESN'T HAVE SOME TYPE OF TAT?

IMHO....THEY DID YOU A HUGE FAVOR.  I DO NOT THINK YOU WOULD WANT TO BE AFFILIATED WITH SUCH JUDGEMENTAL INDIVIDUALS!

SHAME ON THOSE WHO DECIDE WHAT IS BEAUTIFUL BASED SHEERLY ON  EXTRERIOR BEAUTY INSTEAD OF ALLOWING THEMSELVES TO KNOW A PERSON FROM THE INSIDE OUT!

YOUR IN A GREAT PLACE HERE!  WERE AN ECLECTIC BUNCH ;)

FLUTER :smitten:

[be...]

I can relate. When I was a teenager, I wanted to stand out. And did so! My pants had to be massively baggy. And my shirts did too! Died my hair funky colors and lots of piercings...anyway, I was judged -- a lot! Lots of snickers and stares. But it was fuel for the fire. I wanted to do it more! Lol

Anyway, surprisingly, old ladies were not afraid to talk to me or ask for help. But everyone else kept their distance. And if I was waiting at a bus stop I got asked if I "dealt" a lot. Lol

You are not alone! Some of us just like looking a little different :)

Oh...god damnit! People gotta stop reviving old threads.

Thanks Bobo for the heads up haha

It's always a good idea to check the date of the OP, if you see a "new" thread suddenly pop up that has a lot of replies.  :thumbsup:

Just an fyi. The op on this thread is two and a half years old and the poster was last on bb six months ago.

Damn it. Normally I don't fall into that trap, but this one bypassed me..lol..

I've noticed a lot of old threads being revived lately, even though the poster gets a warning before posting. Why are people going so far back to find these things. Just start a new thread.

its me who revived this topic....

guilty as charged :-[:crazy:

p.s. we might be through with the past , but the past is not through with us :sick:

Nobody will judge you on the judged thread.  :laugh:

Oh...god damnit! People gotta stop reviving old threads.

NO DISRESPECT ORION; HOWEVER, YOUR RESPONSE MADE ME LAUGH.  HERE WE ARE BEING ALL SUPPORTIVE, BUT TO WHO...LOL!

THANKS TO BOBO FOR GIVING EVERYONE A HEADS UP.

FLUTER :smitten: