Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Five Number game.

[Ol...]

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ol...]

• [Fl...]

• [la...]

• [Ch...]

Top Posters In This Topic

:brickwall: this one took a while, Dave!

3 4 7 8 9 = 83

3 x 4 = 12

7 x 12 = 84

84 + 8 = 92

92 - 9 = 83

3 4 5 6 7 = 66

1 3 5 7 9 = 9

7 - 5 = 2

9 + 2 = 11

11 + 1 = 12

12 - 3 = 9

Hi Flip

Can you see any reason why we can't use a number twice. It would give more choice.

eg  9 9 8 4 5 = 8

1 3 5 7 9 = 9

7 - 5 = 2

9 + 2 = 11

11 + 1 = 12

12 - 3 = 9

Hi Flip

Can you see any reason why we can't use a number twice. It would give more choice.

eg  9 9 8 4 5 = 8

How can we make this game more appealing??

1 + 1 = 2

2 + 2 = 4

2 - 1 = 1

2 x 2 = 4

4 ÷ 2 = 2

but different numbers

and a few more of them. ;D

Can you help explain Flip?

I'll try, Dave. Words don't come well today. :D

Ok, M.  Whoever makes up the game picks 5 numbers from 1 to 9.  Then before they post it, they manipulate it by either adding, subtracting, multiplying or dividing the numbers (and any combination of those functions) to reach the = 9 as in the example below.

So while I used all kinds of convoluted multiplications and divisions to come up with what I thought was a difficult solution, Dave solved it by adding and subtracting only, the clever devil.  :D

The goal it to manipulate the numbers on the left side of the equation anyway you can to reach the right side number. Then you show the steps. It's good for a few minutes of distraction.

After you solve it, you also post a new "problem". I usually work out a new problem before trying to solve one, so I can post both at the same time.

Clear as mud? Lol.

Flip

So while I used all kinds of convoluted multiplications and divisions to come up with what I thought was a difficult solution, Dave solved it by adding and subtracting only, the clever devil.  :D

I've done this a few times too Flip. :laugh:

I'll try, Dave. Words don't come well today. :D

Ok, M.  Whoever makes up the game picks 5 numbers from 1 to 9.  Then before they post it, they manipulate it by either adding, subtracting, multiplying or dividing the numbers (and any combination of those functions) to reach the = 9 as in the example below.

The goal it to manipulate the numbers on the left side of the equation anyway you can to reach the right side number. Then you show the steps. It's good for a few minutes of distraction.

After you solve it, you also post a new "problem". I usually work out a new problem before trying to solve one, so I can post both at the same time.

Clear as mud? Lol.

Flip

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w452/Lucyndareads/tumblr_m5fojyqF3K1qzxntl.gif

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'll keep playing Dave. I'm just waiting to feel sharper  :D. I don't want to spend 3 hours trying to resolve the last problem  ::)

• 6 months later...

I was wondering if some members would like to try a simple number game that goes like this.

Each game uses five numbers from 1 - 9.

Each number given MUST be used once, and ONLY once, to calculate the target number.

+  -  x  ÷ may be used to reach the target number.

Eg.  Use 2. 3478. to reach 30.

7 + 3 = 10

2 x 8 = 16

10 + 16 + 4 = 30

Using 2 3 5 6 9 and any of  + - x ÷

see if you can hit 26

Dave

Just thought I'd 'float' this game again.

It didn't catch on before but we have a lot of new members since last June and there may just be one or two who enjoy playing w1th numbers and want to get their brains moving again.

You might want to suggest changes to how it's played??

1 3 5 7 9 = 9

7 - 5 = 2

9 + 2 = 11

11 + 1 = 12

12 - 3 = 9

Hi Flip

eg  9 9 8 4 5 = 8

Hi Carlton,

Looking back it seems we were just at the point of looking at things. I don't think we ever clarified anything we just left it.

I think I was sort of suggesting that perhaps we could use a number twice and see how it went. That means you choose 5 numbers,must use them all but one may be used twice.

Does that make sense to you?

eg.  pick 7 9 3 4 5 use 3 twice

Target = 570

7x9 = 63

63x3= 189

189-4=185

185+5=190

190x3=570

Clear as  ???mud??