Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Putting things off

[jr...]

[db...]

Yeah, I hide too when someone comes...we have a driveway monitor so I get a heads up...I start to think...oh no. I hid last week and I was peaking from the main bathroom. I actually thought they could see me (which they can't) and felt a bit paranoid and anxious.

Oh, gotta love benzo brain.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ch...]

• [jr...]

• [da...]

• [Fl...]

I bought an armful of books at a garage sale last August and plopped them on the living room floor before I collapsed into my recliner. It's June. They are still on the living room floor. My husband bought a new bookcase and it's sitting there empty, books still on the floor beside it.  :o

That stuff that accumulates in the bathroom sink drain. It takes a strong stomach to lift the plug thingy out and look at it. I remember it almost making me puke 3 years ago, so I put it back. Wonder what it looks like now?  :o  :o

I have one bra that I could squeeze into 70 pounds ago. Now it impossible, even if I don't care about breathing. Bra shopping scares me. I can't go anywhere without looking friendly.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Now I don't feel so bad.  The boxes that the Christmas gifts I ordered online are still sitting in my livingroom.  My cats love them.

I'm ashamed to admit this but...I have not taken down a small Christmas Tree in our living room.  The lights are a blinkin'....I think I'll just leave it there so I don't have to put it up next year.  It's become such a fixture in our house that people don't even mention it anymore.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

I half dragged out all my Christmas boxes last year into the middle of the garage, and there they sit.  I never did put up the tree.  My car is sitting in the driveway.

Oh, Lord! This actually happened to me. My senile neighbor rang the door bell so I hid in the office. Before long he was peering in the curtainless back windows. I slithered (it was a while ago, now it would be lumbered) behind the big copy machine and moved my bulk as he tried different windows.

Oh the shame. He is now in a nursing home, probably on benzos, poor soul.  :'(. I should've answered the door.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You are too funny, FlipN.  It is of comfort to know I'm not the only one. ;D

Jeez ... you people still use underwear?  I realized it was both uncomfortable and unnecessary.  I say toss them.  I like Fliprains idea of being "friendly" at all times.  :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

About six months ago The Husband yells from the shower:  "Don't we have any shampoo?"  How would I know...washing my hair was number one on my black list back then.  Anyway, I took the empty bottle from him pretneding  to toss out and said "Yes...wait a minute."  I took the bottle, went to the kitchen and filled it with Dawn.  'There ya go!' I said.

Buy your own shampoo...just sayin'.

Donna

Donna, THANK YOU for sharing!  I am laughing so hard that tears are running down my cheeks.  It is so nice to know I'm not the only one...

I still haven't unpacked my suitcase from detox in Dec 2010!

Sarah Norris just decorates her Christmas tree for the appropriate holiday. She had an Easter tree recently. I'm sure it will have flags on it soon for July 4th.

There are about 20 water bottles scattered around my bed. Empty. I don't know why I don't pick them up when I walk to the living room. It's so pathetic.  :-[ but, yes, a weird comfort to say these things out loud.

We've lived in this house for 17 years. Last week my husband yells out...what do WE use to clean the toilet?  It must be pretty bad.  ::)

[db...]

About six months ago The Husband yells from the shower:  "Don't we have any shampoo?"  How would I know...washing my hair was number one on my black list back then.  Anyway, I took the empty bottle from him pretneding  to toss out and said "Yes...wait a minute."  I took the bottle, went to the kitchen and filled it with Dawn.  'There ya go!' I said.

Buy your own shampoo...just sayin'.

Donna

Donna...That was quick benzo thinking...I like the way you relate to your husband

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Jeez ... you people still use underwear?  I realized it was both uncomfortable and unnecessary. I say toss them.  I like Fliprains idea of being "friendly" at all times.  :laugh:

:thumbsup:

Toss them in the same pile with window blinds... someone please invent a fast and effective cleaning method for blinds...please...

Jeez ... you people still use underwear?  I realized it was both uncomfortable and unnecessary. I say toss them.  I like Fliprains idea of being "friendly" at all times.  :laugh:

Toss them in the same pile with window blinds... someone please invent a fast and effective cleaning method for blinds...please...

Take them down and hang them on something outside, i.e., swingset, fence, wall.  Hit them with 409 and the hose. 

I still haven't unpacked my suitcase from detox in Dec 2010!

Sarah Norris just decorates her Christmas tree for the appropriate holiday. She had an Easter tree recently. I'm sure it will have flags on it soon for July 4th.

There are about 20 water bottles scattered around my bed. Empty. I don't know why I don't pick them up when I walk to the living room. It's so pathetic.  :-[ but, yes, a weird comfort to say these things out loud.

We've lived in this house for 17 years. Last week my husband yells out...what do WE use to clean the toilet?  It must be pretty bad.  ::)

There is so much trash piled up on my nightstand and dressers that I am now having occasional avalanches.  A couple of weeks ago I brought a huge Rubbermaid trash can into my bedroom with the intention of starting to toss crap.  It's still sitting in the middle of my bedroom, empty.

Okay...after my Lexapro C/T my hair started falling out by the handful.  I kept putting off going to the hairdresser as every time I moved my head I felt like I was getting zapped with a stun gun.  Plus I was just too lazy.  So....OMG, I can't believe I am admitting to this....I bought Canned Hair and sprayed it all over the bald spots.  I swear it was nothing but Rustoleum....Helmet Head.  I got shingles shortly thereafter on my eye, forehead and scalp.  The doctor picks through my hair and says:  "You look like you have some kind of a stain on the crown of your head...."

I told him it was probably hair dye.

Don't buy Hair in a Can from the Dollar Store.  No...don't by Canned Hair at all.

I think THAT must have been my lowest point....LOL!

Take them down and hang them on something outside, i.e., swingset, fence, wall.  Hit them with 409 and the hose.

They're wood!  Can't do that, can I?  And that would mean getting a ladder to get them downnnn...wait, I can live with dust, in fact now I really like dust.  I prefer dust...

You are all cracking me up! I'm laughing for the first time in days!!!! My 6and 10 year old told me yesterday they were gonna clean my room. you can write your name in the dust on the wood floors in there. So gross! I used to be a neat freak. i love decorating and art. Just last night my husband suggested I call and interior designer to get some ideas to help make our house feel cozier. HA! I Wanted to say NO! WE need a wrecking crew to come tear it down and start over. Filthy is what it is. It doesn't need decorating. (besides, I can do that when I get better...whenever that is!)

Oh and yes love the 30 pr of underwear idea! Be back gotta go shopping! Ha ha!

A

Canned hair? Wow, that is even funnier! Thanks for the laughs. it felt good!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Challis...I paid someone to clean my blinds and wash the outside of a picture window that is two stories up.  It was well worth it and now I don't have to think about it for another three years!

Donna

Okay...after my Lexapro C/T my hair started falling out by the handful.  I kept putting off going to the hairdresser as every time I moved my head I felt like I was getting zapped with a stun gun.  Plus I was just too lazy.  So....OMG, I can't believe I am admitting to this....I bought Canned Hair and sprayed it all over the bald spots.  I swear it was nothing but Rustoleum....Helmet Head.  I got shingles shortly thereafter on my eye, forehead and scalp.  The doctor picks through my hair and says:  "You look like you have some kind of a stain on the crown of your head...."

I told him it was probably hair dye.

Don't buy Hair in a Can from the Dollar Store.  No...don't by Canned Hair at all.

I think THAT must have been my lowest point....LOL!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Does your husband have any hair left?  I mean, after all that Dawn...

Just saying.. ;D

http://i1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii589/challis99/_tbsphp.jpg

Hey, Donna, look! Merry Maids! And she's doing blinds!

Too bad the dust is back the next day...

Oh, you guys are killing me!

Donna, my hair hasn't been cut in a year and also is falling out by the handful. honestly I was just thinking of putting magic marker or something on the shiny spots and probably wouldve resorted to canned hair if you hadnt said something! LOL.

Ok, since we're telling - when I take a shower and the loose hair streams down my back, you know where it winds up, right? It lodges between my butt cheeks and has to be extracted. This is another reason I don't wash my hair but once a month.

Oh, Jenn, you should see the end table behind me. It still has food stained Christmas cards on it.

I dropped my clonidine behind the nightstand the other day and it spilled everywhere. I picked up what the dog might could reach. The rest is still there. I just dust one off when my refill gets low.  :-[

Oh, you guys are killing me!

Donna, my hair hasn't been cut in a year and also is falling out by the handful. honestly I was just thinking of putting magic marker or something on the shiny spots and probably wouldve resorted to canned hair if you hadnt said something! LOL.

Ok, since we're telling - when I take a shower and the loose hair streams down my back, you know where it winds up, right? It lodges between my butt cheeks and has to be extracted. This is another reason I don't wash my hair but once a month.

Oh, Jenn, you should see the end table behind me. It still has food stained Christmas cards on it.

I dropped my clonidine behind the nightstand the other day and it spilled everywhere. I picked up what the dog might could reach. The rest is still there. I just dust one off when my refill gets low.  :-[

My dogs love it when I leave the house now because there are paper plates with petrified food on most surfaces in my bedroom.  When I return to find it all over the floor I just kick it into a corner.  They especially like used Kleenex.  It looks like my room has been teepeed.

Geez...I can't get my quote feature to work.  Anyway, J....Dawn actually is a very good shampoo.  My husband is an old Hippie and has long wavy hair and he looked fabulous, Darlink!

The sad truth is...he has more hair than I do.

Flip...don't do the Canned Hair.  I will use what is left over to spray paint a kitchen stool.  It's supposed to wash right out?  Uh, no.  I also bought dry, aerosol shampoo..."All the Movie Stars use it in between scenes."  What movie star....Howie Mandel?

Hair issues.  Hmmmm.  Since the abysmal failure all these quick fixes I just don't give a crap anymore!