Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Putting things off

[jr...]

http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p634/jchlnd/544773_10150686643968655_1788190930_n.jpg

A friend posted this on my Facebook wall today, and it could not have been more timely.  Even though this last year has been the most difficult of my life I am grateful that I have come so far.  This made me think of other things in my life that I have been putting off.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ch...]

• [jr...]

• [da...]

• [Fl...]

[c4...]

Jenn...Can I post just once...that my husband has put off replacing our water softener for over a year. I have to put TSP powder in my dishwasher with a gel cap thingy or else my dishes and glasses are covered with whilte lime fill. We have well water with hard minerals. Uggggggg.

I can't even mention the words "water softener"...he is very touchy with those words. When I was in the irritable stage of my taper (2 months ago)...I ragged on him so much to finish it...those words are not said anymore. :laugh:

Hell...all I want is clear dishes. Maybe I need to...you know...the nine month thing.

Danni

[c4...]

Cleaning the windows and blinds...badly needed...I mean very bad. Hope nobody notices when they come over. Maybe I'll do one every...???

Danni

Oh Danni, I started to clean the vertical blinds in my bedroom last week, I got 3 done. Pathetic. They are filthy. Oh no! 

Laundry, don't ask!

To vacuum, well, I do it, but it's like slow torture.

M.

Jenn...Can I post just once...that my husband has put off replacing our water softener for over a year. I have to put TSP powder in my dishwasher with a gel cap thingy or else my dishes and glasses are covered with whilte lime fill. We have well water with hard minerals. Uggggggg.

I can't even mention the words "water softener"...he is very touchy with those words. When I was in the irritable stage of my taper (2 months ago)...I ragged on him so much...those words are not said anymore. :laugh:

Hell...all I want is clear dishes. Maybe I need to...you know...the nine month thing.

Danni

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Your husband doesn't even have the excuse of being in withdrawal! ;D  You are really making me laugh!  I had a similar problem with my husband and our water softener.  We had the kind that used salt.  I hated it.

Just a tip: Paper plates, plastic forks, spoons and knives, and Solo cups!  If your husband has to use a plastic knife to cut his steak maybe he'll replace the softener.  You might not have to say a word.  Passive aggressive behavior always worked great for me!

Cleaning the windows and blinds...badly needed...I mean very bad. Hope nobody notices when they come over. Maybe I'll do one every...???

Danni

Danni-Don't let anyone come over during the day and keep your rooms dark.

M-I have white shutters that probably have 1/4 inch of dust.  No wonder I'm sneezing all the time. I actually used to enjoy cleaning, but now everything is such a chore.  I use my advice to Danni-just keep everything closed and dim lightbulbs.  My mom told me that while in college she and her roommate didn't like to clean.  They bought pink lightbulbs for the lamps, and then draped a pink scarf over the whole thing.  I'm just not sure where I can find pink lightbulbs. ;D 

[c4...]

Hey Jenn...good idea. You know, come to think of it..my blinds used to be beige...so now they are brown :laugh:

M...lots of tops, jeans, socks...don't need to do laundry to at least a month. Yes we will be set. Phew.

Laundry???

I posted how I deal with laundry on another thread.  My laundry room feels like a foreign country to me.  I have just thrown all my dirty clothes on the bed in the guest room.  When I actually have to go somewhere I shop online and buy something new. 

40 pairs of underwear! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  I probably have 20-30 bras and at least 40 pairs of underwear!  I have actually bought at least 10 new sets of pj's/nighgowns  since I now live in them.

It's so nice to know I'm not the only one.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

[c4...]

Jenn...you are absolutely right. Always nice to have fresh pj's.

Hmmm...what else. I need my kitchen painted. I took off all the wallpaper my mother-in-law had...it was so beautiful but over 10 years white with pretty blue flowers...it had to come down.

I think I will hire someone...isn't that what you do in w/d?

The bottom row of  tile on the wall of the tub/shower has been held up with duct tape for almost five years.

A tree fell in our yard three years ago and The Husband hauled it to the side of the garage to 'cut up for firewood'.  There are critters living in it now.

The city cut down a tall pine tree that was leaning into the electrical wires...again..the husband had them chop it up for mulch.  They dragged it to the middle of the front yard where it sat for almost four years.  Neighbors started putting things like decorative flags in it....and an old mop handle with a bra tied on the end.

I better shut up...this sounds like a scene from Deliverance....

Donna

The bottom row of  tile on the wall of the tub/shower has been held up with duct tape for almost five years.

A tree fell in our yard three years ago and The Husband hauled it to the side of the garage to 'cut up for firewood'.  There are critters living in it now.

The city cut down a tall pine tree that was leaning into the electrical wires...again..the husband had them chop it up for mulch.  They dragged it to the middle of the front yard where it sat for almost four years.  Neighbors started putting things like decorative flags in it....and an old mop handle with a bra tied on the end.

Donna

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

OMG, I haven't laughed this much in a very long time.

All you need now are dueling banjos. ;D

Thank you for making my day.  I may cut and paste your post to read when I am feeling sorry for myself. 

Yes, Danni, I just hire people for everything.  I never knew there were people for hire for so many things.  I honestly think I could sit in bed for the rest of my life just as long as I have my phone.  Maybe the next time I leave my house I'll try to haul my laundry to the drycleaners.

[c4...]

Donna

Oh Donna

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh, Oh, Oh.  I just turned on the kitchen ceiling fan for the first time this year and it whipped a hunk of what looks like a potato across the room.  How did that get on the blade....hmmmm?

I have been waiting patiently for the Ceiling Fan Fairy to get with the program.  Wait, wait, wait...that's all I do.

Donna

I bought an armful of books at a garage sale last August and plopped them on the living room floor before I collapsed into my recliner. It's June. They are still on the living room floor. My husband bought a new bookcase and it's sitting there empty, books still on the floor beside it.  :o

That stuff that accumulates in the bathroom sink drain. It takes a strong stomach to lift the plug thingy out and look at it. I remember it almost making me puke 3 years ago, so I put it back. Wonder what it looks like now?  :o  :o

I have one bra that I could squeeze into 70 pounds ago. Now it impossible, even if I don't care about breathing. Bra shopping scares me. I can't go anywhere without looking friendly.

I'm ashamed to admit this but...I have not taken down a small Christmas Tree in our living room.  The lights are a blinkin'....I think I'll just leave it there so I don't have to put it up next year.  It's become such a fixture in our house that people don't even mention it anymore.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Jeez ... you people still use underwear?  I realized it was both uncomfortable and unnecessary.  I say toss them.  I like Fliprains idea of being "friendly" at all times.  :laugh:

:laugh:

Oh, no, Whoopsie, ya gotta have at least panties because that saves the sweats or pjs. I can get a week out of my sweats. I do the crotch sniff test. If I don't pass out, I'm good for another day.

I do have what my husband calls "dress sweats". The ones without holes. The only ones without holes.

Do you guys run to the bedroom when the doorbell rings?

Oh Flip...I don't even do the 'crotch sniff' test because I'm already so light headed.  I know they're 'bad' when the dogs circle around me like I'm a dead animal in the road.  My rule is that you wear panties with sweat pants but not p.j bottoms.  I too have 'dress' p.j.'s that I might wear to slither out to the mailbox.  My thread bare pair is for impressing The Husband.

When the door bell rings, I crawl on the floor for the kitchen so they won't see me through the window and know that I'm home.

Donna

Oh, Lord! This actually happened to me. My senile neighbor rang the door bell so I hid in the office. Before long he was peering in the curtainless back windows. I slithered (it was a while ago, now it would be lumbered) behind the big copy machine and moved my bulk as he tried different windows.

Oh the shame. He is now in a nursing home, probably on benzos, poor soul.  :'(. I should've answered the door.

Oh, Oh, Oh.  I just turned on the kitchen ceiling fan for the first time this year and it whipped a hunk of what looks like a potato across the room.  How did that get on the blade....hmmmm?

I have been waiting patiently for the Ceiling Fan Fairy to get with the program.  Wait, wait, wait...that's all I do.

Donna

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm afraid to turn on my living room ceiling fan for just that reason.

I received a phone call while I was reading today's responses on this thread, and I answered it because it is someone who I actually still talk to (one of two people).  I was laughing so hard I couldn't talk.  :laugh: