Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Irritants, Annoyances and Pet Peeves, OH MY!

[da...]

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [da...]

• [mp...]

• [Fl...]

• [Ch...]

'Dishonest people "who are all over the internet portrayed as can be "trusted ", but in ones change encounters with them they are found to be not honest but in fact to be  "confidence tricksters "& liars. I am thinking of a particular "art expert" here who resides in kiwi land. Just astonishing & leaves me feeling very drained . :(

People who jay-walk while texting.  I nearly took out three kids yesterday...just ambled across the street in the middle of a block and never once looked up from their phones.  If I hadda clipped one of them, I'm sure it woulda been my fault...

Donna

I hate it when someone finds some post about GABA,

a post that contains a dozen instances of the term GABA,

and then replies with some observation about "gabba".

Next you'll see the response to their reply, where GABA is written even more prominently,

GABA, GABA, GABA!!!!

But the replier will keep right on spelling it "gabba".

And then they'll go on a bit about how they "fill".

They don't "fill" very well today.

Well, I mean, Geez... You must read the word here a hundred times a night.

The word is "feel".

Does it not make an impression on you?

Or do you simply not know what that word is?

OK. I know spelling complaints are not big serious matters, but we're talking about pet peeves here, not the Seven Deadly Sins, right?

So that's mine.

I think it's a matter of simple respect for your readers to check your spelling at least one time before you click on the Post button.

And if everyone else on the boards is spelling some word differently, you should at least consider it possible that you are misspelling that word.

Because when you're recovering from benzos, every little thing is really irritating!

Good one, Kathy. I think you're right.

Well, I guess they're entitled.

Whatever it takes to deal with the pain.

As long as they don't ask me

how I fill about gabba...

;)

Well I fill the sam way.  I want to git on ther and correct there speling.  But how can you be crewl  to someone who has blud coming from there poors and diareha.  Must be my gabba problim. 

How do you fill about gabba anyway?  Maybe its all a myth.  Show me a real picture of a gaba receptor and not some drawing.  K. 

You want pitchers of gabby receptaters? Well hear you goe:

http://www.sugarcraft.com/catalog/novelties/yogabba/yogabbagabba.jpg

http://www.gabba.co.uk/CD.jpg

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTY1OTU4NjgwNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjI3NzIzMQ@@._V1._SX347_SY500_.jpg

You want pitchers of gabby receptaters? Well hear you goe:

http://www.sugarcraft.com/catalog/novelties/yogabba/yogabbagabba.jpg

http://www.gabba.co.uk/CD.jpg

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTY1OTU4NjgwNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjI3NzIzMQ@@._V1._SX347_SY500_.jpg

i luv gaabba especially the song dancing queen and mama mia i wish they would go back on tour because they are my fave do you know if they will ever come back if you do please tell me so i can get tickets before they sell out i would even see them in w/d even with diarhea and green pee

• 2 weeks later...

Donna,

A lady on TV tried to sell a cheap awful necklace by proclaiming its virtue: "It goes all the way around!"  :laugh:

Imagine, a necklace that goes all the way around, what will they think of next? An elevator that goes all the way up?  :laugh:

M.

• 1 month later...

I am annoyed that although the Presidential Election has been over for almost a week, I am still obliged to scroll through pages of political high fiving and losers remorse while trying to find pictures of my grandchildren on Facebook.  Most of it is mean spirited, abnoxious and rude.  Both parties...get over it...at least on an open forum.  If you want to gloat...sit amongst those of your own ilk and do so.  I'm not interested in any of it.

Donna

Another pet peeve of mine: LEFT-LANERS

You know what a left-laner is, right? That's someone who prefers to drive in the left lane even when they're going slow and not passing anyone. Left-laners are the source of all evil in the world. I think they may be from some other planet that spins the wrong way on its axis and has a retrograde orbit.

Of course, this applies only in those countries where people drive on the right side of the road. But there's probably something similar in countries where people drive on the wrong side of the road - er, I mean, on the left side.

I also am petly-peeved about CREEPS.

Creeps are those drivers who stop a half-mile before a red light, and then gradually creep forward until the light turns green. At that time, they are usually distracted by something on the car seat and they just sit there until the light turns yellow. Then they notice the light and they drive through the intersection, leaving everyone behind them stuck at another red light. Creeps are the source of all evil for which left-laners are not responsible. Actually, creeps and left-laners may be the same drivers. They should all be arrested and deported to Alabamastan.