Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Irritants, Annoyances and Pet Peeves, OH MY!

[da...]

Sure thing Challis!  I JUST heard Willie Nelson in the other room and knew it was one of those commercials...I won't watch them either and actually called the cable company last year and threatened to cancel my service if they didn't at least warn people they are coming on!

Okay...how to you feel about parents letting their toddler children skin the flesh off the back of your ankles with a grocery cart?  Hmmm?

Donna

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [da...]

• [mp...]

• [Fl...]

• [Ch...]

You are sooo right, Danni.  Animal abuse makes me sick....literally.  When we bought this house, there was a four foot chain tied to a post in the back yard.  The poor dog had 'paced' a three foot deep trench around the post.  When we land scaped we dug up old dog dishes and a shock collar.  The neighbors told us the dog lived out there 24/7, even in the severe winters we get here...no dog house. 

Donna

http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj561/charlie3912/faint1.gif

Charlie :smitten:

Animal abusers...some royal jerks left their lab mix dog (1.5 yrs old) in their car yesterday while they went shopping...it was 100 degrees out with humidex index. Mall staff tried to help. The dog died. I'm still  :( over that. How could they...They have been charged.

http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj561/charlie3912/tumblr_lkzvhm9CvI1qcbjps1.gif

Charlie :smitten:

http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m575/maxmoo/Funny%20Pics/Decor%20Smileys/mrsbeasley.gif

Parents who let their children stand up in grocery carts...

How about parents who stand up in grocery carts?  I actually saw a woman stand in her cart to get a box of cereal off the top shelf...

Not accidentally...hee hee.

Since we're talking about grocery carts....it takes about ten trial runs for me to find I cart that doesn't thump, wobble. squeak, or pull me to one side.  I come out of a store looking like Qasimoto.  I complained a few months ago....told the so called manager that the store was less than two years old...why do these relatively new carts pull my neck out of joint?  Well...that would be because the boys that reel them in from the parking lot stack too many together, then push them through the ice and slush.  THEN she told me to use one of those Hover-Round carts if the others bothered me.

Sure thing...I'd have to wear a crash helmet and carry a cattle prod to keep people out of my way....

Donna

Calls from ambiguous charities saying "I'm not calling to sell you anything but to save the lives of children (or animals, or corporate CEO's for all I know) would you let us send you donation requests that you would stamp and send to all of of your closest friends and neighbors (yes, this is definitely what I want to do to my neighbors and friends). 

No matter how carefully you word your order, even if you say, "and that's all I'm having today", the wait person will ALWAYS say, " anything else for you" or some iteration of that. I just look at them............ and I want to shout, "what did I just say?" 

While at the gyno's offce, having to listen to Muskrat Love being piped into the room while your feet are up in stirrups.  I hate it when that happens.

Donna

Having to listen to Muskrat Love being piped into the room while your feet are up in stirrups.  I hate it when that happens.

Donna

Having to have your feet up in the stirrups at all. :o

Charlie

I started getting Senior tickets to the movies when I was about 45 because I knew that the children who are in the booth think that all people over 40 look exactly alike.  So, I decided to take advantage of there limited view of adults.  However, it annoys me that none of these children ever carded me.  And now I am well into the legitimate use of this "privilege." 

Okay, so call me a crook.  I have been called worse and done worse.

Love ya!

Jennieh...one of the most disheartening days of my life is when I went into a Goodwill Store with a group of friends...I was 54 years old.  We go to cash out and the cashier (who was about 75 years old herself) and says: "I didn't know if you realized it but it's Senior Day...25% off for everyone over the age of 65.  She proceeds to give me the discount without even asking me my age.  I went home and told the husband I wanted a face lift.

Yeah...I took the discount too.  I  have also done things that are FAR worse ....

Donna

How about parents who stand up in grocery carts?  I actually saw a woman stand in her cart to get a box of cereal off the top shelf...

Hey, that was ME!  I'm only 5' tall.  Why do they put stuff above my head!!??  I used to bat my lashes and get tall men to reach stuff for me...

I once had one of those, great for light bulb replacement in old high-ceilings in brownstone.  :laugh:  There not just for tiny people anymore Challis! :laugh:

M.  :laugh:

I once had one of those, great for light bulb replacement in old high-ceilings in brownstone.  :laugh:  There not just for tiny people anymore Challis! :laugh:

M.  :laugh:

That reminds me...pet peeves: dusty ceiling fan blades, dead out-of-reach lightbulbs and smoke detector batteries requiring ladder to be dragged around.

Right!  Being in public, cell phone battery is dead, absolutely no public phones anywhere!  Done away with like public courtesy sometime in the 90's.

M.

The phrase, "No Problem" when substituted for "you're  welcome".....

As in when I pay for groceries and at the end, I am the one that says thank you, when they hand the change back to me. They say "No Problem" as if I've just received some big favor for paying 100 dollars for groceries that will fit in one sack.  ???

Oh Flip!! You have absolutely hit a gold mine here,  we should start a subcategory of overused, maddening phrases that are so ubiquitous in today's society.

Here is a partial list of phrases that to me, sound like finger nails on a blackboard:

It is what it is.              What does that mean anyway?

Whatever.                    This one has been around a long time.  Still awful.

It's my bad.                  The first time I hear this, it was a by a character on TV, I thought it was a blooper.

That's a whole nother thing.  Nother is not a word. I heard a newcaster says it recently.

Let me just ask you this.        Then they go on to ask 10 more questions.

Uh-uh, uh-uh, uh-uh,.......          When people say that mindlessly while listening to me, I get lost in their uh-uh, and I stop  talking. Then they stop. They we both look like fools.

How much did you pay for that?      Obvious.

What did ja  ___(do, eat, see, etc.)  Lazy.

and many more. M.

Hehe.

Growing up my whole family said what I thought was "another words".  It wasn't until I saw it in print after I learned to read that it is "In other words."

I live in a part of the country where people say 'Youse'.  As in 'Can I offer youse some coffee?'  I don't know where that comes from.

Those 'grabber' thingys are a great idea for the grocery store. I'm short also...5'1".  Taller than you, Challis...ha ha!  I have been known to grab a giant box of rice off the bottom shelf then swing at the can of tomatoes on the top shelf until it falls off.

Watching someone unload fifty items out of their cart in the '10 items or less' lane then tell everyone standing behind them that they 'didn't know they had so many.'

I've lived where they say "youNs" and "Y'all"

And instead of "press" the button in the elevator, it's "mash the button".

And where was I when the guy giving me a tour of a hotel property said, "I'll carry you around". He didn't mean it. I had to walk!

I'm 5' 11". Perfect strangers come up to me and ask me to help with items on the top shelf.