Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Single Girls Club

[mp...]

My favorite male dancing routine is still Barney vs. Adrian (Chris Farley & Patrick Swayze) on Saturday Night Live. If I could post a picture of them I would. Have not yet learned the art of posting pix, etc.... :D

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [mp...]

• [jr...]

• [te...]

• [je...]

Teach, that was one of the ultimate funny moments.

Chris Farley said later that he was embarassed to do it, but he was the kind of guy to always go, well, balls out!  :laugh: :laugh:

There a lots of good people here that would be way better than me to "teach"  ;D you how to cut and paste links. Here's what I did: I found a picture on someone elses post, I right clicked on it and hit copy, once it sent me to the site where the photo or graphic came from.

Once I had the photo/graphic copied, and started a reply, made sure my cursor was in the right place in the body of the post, then I right clicked and hit paste. You will not see the actual photo/graphic in the body of the post, you will see the web address ID something like,  www.html.= blblblb.efml.fjfjfwj.sjffgraphic.com, now this is just a made up address by me, do not try to click on it, it won't work  :D 

Be sure to preview your reply before posting, that's how you'll see if it worked. You can try this all you want on the test blog. It's on the technical help thread at the top. I've used this thread several times, I think I used it to learn how to cut and paste graphics.

Good luck.

Love,

M.

[move]((((((((((((((((((((((((((M*P*L*S*G*R*L))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) [/move] ,

Wonderful, easy directions. Thank you!!!! Did not know about the test area either! You are SO savvy! Ever thought of teaching?  :smitten:

I just hope my students these few years actually learned. Some days I was a zombie just going through the motions. Vocabulary, thoughts, sense of humor have all taken a dive. I have even forgotten students' names--had to keep a little cheat sheet to look at so that I did not forget. Humiliating.

So sorry for the anxiety today. Sometimes, I think that I can pinpoint exactly what caused what. Example, I did way too much yesterday. Had to pay the piper last night and today. Does you bp ever jump up high?

Other times, an anxiety attack or sick spell will come on without reason????? Hope you feel better very soon.  :smitten::angel::smitten::angel::smitten:

Thank you for those really kind compliments, as a matter of fact, I always dreamed I'd be a teacher!  It just didn't work out for me that way. I think I am the wrong generation for that anyway.

From what I experienced, read about and heard, it's been a long, long time since Teachers were given their due. And today?  Forget it, I don't have the bravery for it!!! I salute you who do!

Love,

M.

In my mid 50s I am not sure I will ever find another man. I was married, had four great kids and then left my hubby. It was not a good marriage. Been on my own 20 years. (Put on benzos time of divorce.. hmmmmm.)

Would love to have a great relationship. Maybe when I am healed. For sure I know I will never settle for anything less than wonderful in a relationship. After this experience, I dont have time to waste on BS.

Thanks for starting the thread. A fun read.

recovering, I saw what you wrote to Lizzy, and I was personally going to invite you to join the club. I had my post almost written, but then it sounded kinda weird to me, like I thought I owned the thread, or that I was sleezy, and trying to get you to join a real club.  :laugh: :laugh:

I've heard these wild stories oft told of women in their 60's and 70's getting great guys. I certainly do not know where these men are. They have to be divorced or widowers right?  If you met a great guy who had everything you were looking for, let's say he was 50, and he told you he'd never been married, would you date him?  I'm afraid that I'm so blunt I would ask him what was wrong with him, and I wouldn't say it in that cute way that really young women have.  On the other hand, what's better, divorced or widowed?

Do you have any ideas of what we should do?  I though of maybe concocting our group shopping list of qualities we're looking for. I think it would be interesting to see how many things we all have in common.

M.  ;D

Okay, Okay I am kibitzing but love this thread.  I am one of those women who after 21 years of widowhood, most of it happy, found a great guy at 68.  I am now 70 (on Monday).  He is younger and that is good.  I met him while I was tapering and he has seen the dark side of the moon with me.  Now things are getting better and better as I get weller and weller.

I did go with a man who had never married awhile ago.  Too scary! Widower might be better than divorced.  Recently divorced guys tend to be completely nuts about how X wife is using "his" money to support her boyfriend(s).  So ladies thanks for indulging me.  I will peak in once in awhile on a guest pass.

I've had no interest in meeting a mate..for quite some time. I'm 49 yo. I'm now willing to open that door again..not yet..but soon...the further I step away from these Benzos. I think it's FANTASTIC that you met a good (younger  :)) man Jennieh! There is hope for us after all!

Can I join too, i'm single too although i'm not a girl!

:( Sorry Tonedawg, we're sure you're a nice guy and all, but this is a Girls' club.

Why not start a single guys club?  This way, we can be "silent" visitors and learn a lot about eachother, and who knows, by the time we've all healed, maybe we won't even need a Single's Club at all!! :thumbsup:

Love,

M.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, flowers from one ex, and two different ex's each called and left messages! What to make of this, and why the sudden communications?

I didn't speak to any of them, I sent very friendly, brief emails to each. Weird.

After all this time, what must really be going on? The moon or planets in special alignment? Gee, maybe former employers will call and beg me to come back!! I would. In a minute.  :-\

M.