Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Single Girls Club

[mp...]

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [mp...]

• [jr...]

• [te...]

• [je...]

Okay girls, and welcome T2, I guess I could have subtitled this" And I've loved Redford all my life."  I used to HATE Lola  :laugh:  I love, love, love, the Twilight Zone Ep. It's called Nothing In The Dark, oh boy was he gorgeous. It's basically a 2 person play about the fear of mortality. Rod Serling told many a parable with death/fear/loneliness/pettiness/discrimination/cruelty/greed his main topics of discussion. Whoa, I'm rambling, sorry.

We will indeed keep this a single girls club with the lovely Danni as the only exception as our Mascot.

M.  :)

Some of my favorite Redford movies....

Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid

The Way We Were

The Great Gatsby

The Natural

Indecent Proposal

The Last Castle

[65...]

Okay...a secret. I haven't had  :yippee: for over 9 months. Do I qualify more now?

Male actors I love to love plus they have charisma:

Michael Fassbender

Marton Csokas (Asylum movie with deceased actress Natasha Richardson...she died skiing in Montreal)

Ben Foster

brain fog...can't think of the others right now.

Danni

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Nope, doesn't count. From what I've always heard, not so unusual.

M. wait, what's the problem, is it too just icky to be touched right now, I can't bear the thought of being hugged let along :yippee:  which of course I never have, because I've never been married.  >:D

Okay...a secret. I haven't had  :yippee: for over 9 months. Do I qualify more now?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You're cracking me up!  I'm going to see if I can find that Twilight Zone episode.  We were not allowed to watch stuff like that, but when my parents went out every Saturday night our babysitter would let us watch.  I was always so terrified.  I remember 2 episodes-the one where the little girl fell into her wall into the 3rd (?) dimension, and the one where someone went through the drain in the pool.  I was always afraid of our pool drain after that, as well as getting too close to a wall. ;D

Oh, Michael Fassbender, Oh Oh Oh, I just streamed Fish Tank the other day, gross topic, but man, was he hot. Ooo la la.

Took Mom to see Shame. I was ashamed.  :-[  I mean, we see his  :yippee: just swinging for the fences and face contorting during  :yippee: including, ah, happy moment. Yikes.

Did you hear what Clooney had to say about him at the Oscars, Michael, You're the only man I know who can golf with his hands tied behind his back.    Oh Oh Oh OH OH true that.

I have been head over heals for Clive Owen. Love the fact that Angelina tried to get him in the sack during filming of Beyond Borders, and he laughinly rejected her. Love him, he loves his wife and kids dearly. I am not a naive person, but I believe that he's faithful to her.  Stop calling me stupid. Stop it. Come on, it could happen. Shut up, could too!

M.  :laugh:

[65...]

Michael Fassbender is hottttttttt

Yes..Clive Owen...love him...I saw him today in that Hemingway & Gellhorn (sp?) movie today. Nicole Kidman played the Gellhorn character. No wrinkles and no movement in that face anymore. Did you ever see her husband when he was younger...what a fruit.

Am a huge TZone fan. We were not allowed to watch it either, but when my parents went to play Bridge we'd hunker down and watch it. The one that scared my sister & I the most when we were young was "Talking Tina" with Telly Savalas. Remember that one? In high school "Night Gallery" came on and loved it as well. have been collecting the TZone dvds little by little. Had most of the VHS when everything switched to DVD :tickedoff: I think it's twice a year that SYFY runs a TZone marathon. There I am watching it like I do not have the tapes and dvds!!!! Remember the hour long TZones? So many good ones.

OMGosh, I could start a whole new thread on Twilight Zone, I used to sneak downstairs to watch it all the time. As years went by I caught as many eps as possible in syndcation. Now, every New Year's there's a 24 hour marathon which I've been watching for years, I can't remember what station. The one with the swimming pool, it famously messed up a generation of children like you and me because that's a really scary thought, so dr, to go down into that drain and come out in a different dimension.

It's also famous because the soundtrack is wrong, you'd have to see it again to know what I mean, but it's really bad. It's only because we saw it as kids that we didn't realize something was wrong.  The voice of the little girl was dubbed in, I believe, by the lady who was the voice of Rocky the Squirrel.  :laugh:

[65...]
Oh...Night Gallery...when I was young...that was so scary. I had to sleep in my little brother's bed because I was so scared.

Danni, about Nicole in that Hemingway movie, I KNOW, wow, I know they sign up for projects at least a year out, why didn't producers demand that she remain unfrozed so she could look half human?

About her husband, do you mean he looked like a young orange, cause I love you very much, and people like us don't use bad slurry words about our friends like David Hyde Pierce, right?  I knew you meant a young, ripe orange all along.  :laugh:  I love you.

[65...]
Don't forget that back then if someone said I am feeling gay...meant happy. Fruit I meant more goofy...not homosexual slur. I'm for equal rights for everyone. Have always been like that.

Girls, there's a clip free online that I saw a couple of days ago, and no, I didn't copy the link cause it was before I built my blog and found out how, and I wouldn't be allowed to bring it here anyhow, and it showed a scene of said Mr. Fassbender from Shame where after he's had  :yippee: with some chick he picked up and he tosses her out like so much used kleenex, he walks into his foyer and picks up his phone, so while he's walking staight into our view, well, let's just say we would have black eyes if it had been shot in 3D

I think I had simply google searched for Michael Fassbender, and it was one of the selections that came up. I thought it would be him with a big black dot or blurry thing, but no, it was an actual vid clip of real movie. 

-cut to all Single Girl club members frantically clicking away on keyboard-

M.  :laugh:

M-You're memory is much better than mine about the Twilight Zone episodes.  I don't remember names, just the plots, which were sooooooo scary!  I don't think I ever saw Night Gallery.  I'll have to check that out.

Danni, I knew you meant it in totally not bad way, I know you, I do, it's just that all the hoopla today here on BB is about some misunderstandings over some stuff said in humor that hurt others.

Don't be mad, okay. I just wanted the casual observer to know that we are cool chicks here, excepting and loving of everyone, now, pass the granola please.  :laugh:

Love you,

M.

[65...]

I know my sweet M. I can't believe that Hope (she's Canadian) is leaving. Why did that happen on that thread...I wasn't aware of what went on.

Okay...let's drop it

Man-o-Man! Was looking up that clip of Michael for you ladies and it does not come up(no pun intended >:D). Sorry that I could not locate it.

There was an issue on BB today and Hope is leaving?!?!?  :'(

Okay, okay, I will try to find link and bring you clues if I find it, I won't bring link.  T2, look on Hope's thread called: Good Bye. Yikes, poor soul, beaten up bad and just doing her volunteer while w/d 'cause she loves us.

M.

MAGIC MIKE: Who's going to go see this movie?  My senior Mom has already put me on notice that WE WILL be seeing this on opening day at the end of the month.  :laugh:

Did any of you girls see male strippers when they were super popular in the 80's?  I had a group of friends who would gather all together once a week and go to a club (popularized by Prince in Purple Rain) after work, stay 'til closing, and hoot and holler with the guys.  We got to know them as they were not part of a traveling group of entertainers, they were all locals and, well, how can I put this, very very healthy.

Some of the girls dated these guys long term. One actually married one, didn't last long though, something about his extra curricular activities. Who could have seen that coming?  :D

It seems like I was the only one in the place who didn't drink, and because I was so young, I thought watching everybody get crazy was fun. Is it okay for me to say it was? I feel guilty typing that. Oh well, always speaking the truth now.

I didn't drink, but that doesn't mean I didn't do some crazy things. I had fun too! When I think about it, we sure looked awful with that big curly hair, that scary freaky makeup, those awful clothes, yikes!!

Of course, no one had any little phone cameras to catch it all, and we weren't allowed to bring in cameras or tape recording devices. I'm really glad. 

M.

I was dragged to a place called "Cheeks" by a bunch of my girlsfriends.  It was an experience, to say the least.  We received a free glass with our drinks, which I still have.  The place closed down a long time ago.  I have to say I had more fun watching the audience, which was largely made up of middle aged to elderly women, than the guys dancing.  The ladies would practically pull the guys off the stage to get a kiss.  I don't consider myself a prude, but it was actually kind of gross. ;D