Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Guilty Pleasure TV Viewing

[mp...]

Don't forget WKRP In Cincinnati one of the funniest sit coms ever.  Less Nessman "As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!"

The Rockford Files still love James Garner in that role.

MiniMinnie

Mini, for whatever reason I can only remember tiny bits of WKRP, the one that really got me was about the flying turkeys, when they did a huge drop of frozen turkeys over the city, because was it Herb? he didn't know they had to check to make sure they were live turykeys.  :laugh:

M.

[dc...]

columbo is my biggest vice

rockford files id love a box set of that too what memories

just getting into arrested developement

before this i never ever watched tv!!

Hello Pablo,

So sad that Peter Falk just died, I did not know he had Alzheimer's. There will never be anything like Columbo. I think I just read that Steven Spielberg directed the first episode.

As you have probably read, I've always watched a lot of TV. I never did sleep much, even as a child. Once VCR's were invented, I was sooo happy. I used to stay up nearly all night catching up with everything I missed.

Watching TV, just another sx, albeit a pleasant one, of benzo w/d.  :D

M.

[dc...]

i didnt know he had alzheimers

he always reminded me of a kindly uncle type guy ,lovely guy

at least he left imho a lot of good work

surprised by the speilberg link too !!!

He did do some excellent movies with director/friend John Cassavettes in the 60's-70's, they are pretty intense, but I can highly recommend them if you can tolerate kind of heavy drama, quirky inde type production values

M.

[89...]

These are my favorites so far:

1. I got addicted to Breaking Bad ...can't wait for Season 5.

2. I decided to watch the Danish original of The Killing (Forbrydelsen). I liked it a lot. Now I have to watch the U.S. version of it.

3. An American Horror Story...thought I check it out because it was nominated. Very strange one. I liked it.

4. Sons of Anarchy (on FX)

5. Homeland. Will check out Season 2.

6. Walking Dead...Season 2 was oh so boring when they were on that farm forever, but I stilled watched. Anyone that has watched Walking Dead will know about Carl always wandering around unsupervised. Here is a great link that puts Carl in the oddest places in different movies.

http://getoutofherecarl.tumblr.com/

Danni

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Danni, the links with Carl running around unsupervised are so funny!!! I love "The Walking Dead." Also "The Killing," "Mad Men," "The Glades," "Rizzoli & Isles".    T2

• 4 weeks later...

Oh No, just when I thought it was safe to turn on Lifetime: The new season of Dance Mom has started, right now!!!  It seems like the old season just ended.  I am sooooo guilty over this one!  It's like eating a great big bowl of mac and cheese with tons of cheese!!! *which of course I've done*

I was wondering, would anybody like to start a MadMen thread?  I would love to discuss it, it's my favorite.

M.

mplsgrl! How funny!!! I accidentally channel flipped and discovered Dance Mom's was on and a marathon too boot! Could not take my eyes off of it. Why is it so mesmerizing? :laugh: Missed the top 20 OMG Abby moments but it will probably be repeated at some point. I do not want the Candy Apples to win anything.  :laugh:

Oh, forgot something. Just started watching Mad Men about 2 months ago. Didn't think it was my cup of tea, but  I was wrong. Love it! Hate it that the (SPOILER ALERT--JUST IN CASE!!!!!) British guy committed suicide.

t2, I don't know what is so special about Dance Moms, but millions of people agree that it is truly "must see tv!"  Abby Lee is just soooo awful, and Cathy (candy apples) is so, I don't know, beyond annoying?  I have never missed an episode.

About Mad Men. I have been watching since first ep. and I own all dvds, also I stream it once in a while on Netflix.  I would like to start a separate thread here about it, I love it. Mom wouldn't watch it until last year, then she fell hard, maybe like you did?  She has since devoured all my dvds. We have different cable services, so we don't watch it at the same time. But we compare notes for a couple of hours each week. Sure would like to talk with more people about it.

The surprise ending was gruesome and shocking. Don had the same exact thing happen when he made his own brother feel really worthless, he too hanged himself and Don found the body!

M.

Does anyone watch Reba?  She has a new show starting in the fall where she plays a divorced gal, country singer, who picks up and moves to Malibu. Can't wait. M.

Yes! Love Reba! Glad she is getting a new show. Lifetime has moved the show around a lot but it's still on. I just wish some of the channels here would show Frasier again. AMC has many shows that I'm hooked on.....Walking Dead, The Killing, Mad Men...also A&E.....The Glades

Don't laugh, but I can't watch Dead right now, too scary. When I was still having dp/dr, a commercial for it came on, and I truly thought I would stroke out!  :laugh: :'(

I having seen Killing yet, but it's in my Netflix Q to stream, maybe this weekend. With juicy shows like that, it's fun to wait 'til you can see the whole season.

I have gone to youtube to watch every single thing available on out takes and such from Reba, funnnny!

Do you think it would be a good idea to have a Mad Men separate thread?  I wanted to get a few opinions before starting one, I don't want to be just hanging out there with my thread showing, you know?

I also just discovered House this year. It's on in the background right now in fact. Love it.

Did you ask Skyy about your RX yet? I think it would be a good idea.

Love,

M.

I too watch so much more t.v. then is good for me. Many times it is the only thing i have the energy for.

In Holland we do have a new channel. TLC, there is one show that is really making me laugh. Maybe you know it!

It`s called extreme couponing! Going into these giant supermarked and get products for free because of coupons! Is it typicall American?

never heard of this in Holland.

Discovery channel is also always good fun! American choppers and gold rush! It gives us in Europe a good look at the American way of life!

I love it! :thumbsup:

:laugh:  I have never watched Extreme Couponing but truthfully I've wanted to. I can never find it even though I watch that channel too.

I went through a phase in my life when a friend and I took great joy in collecting coupons and rebates, we would spend hours on the weekends driving all around town getting "deals" with the coupons.

It took a while, then I realized that I was being tricked into buying way more than I needed or really wanted via the lure of the savings.

Now I've heard that these folks doing extreme coupons are kind of like savants in the ingenious and creative ways they get coupons, trade them, group them, pass them along.  Of course now, I think most coupons are gotten from various online sources which may be a lot more fun than back in my day when we only had the local newspapers (remember those?  :-\ ) and magazines.  Sometimes if the coupon was irresistably good, we would buy several papers to get multiples. Now, it's just an extra click!

I love the Discovery channel, but have never watched the shows you describe. I was going to tell you that they didn't really show a realistic example of us yanks, but then I realized they surely do, as this is such a hugely, wonderfully diverse country. There is absolutely no generaliztion to be made about our lifestyles except maybe how we think we rule the world, after all, we're not watching your TV!  :laugh:

Take good care, EriK, and hey, you've not visited my place yet. Did you think that I didn't have your room ready?  Well, the welcome mat is out for you, and there is a very handsome suite reserved just for you and Mrs. Erik. In fact, I had a special meditation room built for you in your suite. I thought you would like it.

Your friend,

M.

Veep  (hilarious)

Luck

Nurse Jackie

Real Time With Bill Maher  (every program, my fav)

Will think of more later.  I don't watch regular TV, I can't stand commercials! Especially now with this taper.  :pokey:

Veep is so funny/smart, luv it!

Nurse Jackie, well, haven't missed an ep, she rules

Bill Maher, been watching him since the 90's, just watched tonight, excellent (showed Al Franken in opening) hate it when he's off like last week

Looking forward to season 5 epilogue of Man Men on Sunday

M.

Okay. 

I am in love with Simon Baker on the Mentalist.  Too beautiful and snotty for words. 

Remember Jonathan the Hair Dresser from six years ago.  Very guilty pleasure. 

Love Mad Men.  Let's start the thread.  I watched all four seasons in one week.  Totally mesmerized.  What is with Betty's disappearing act?

Pawn Stars.  Chumley alone is worth the watch.

Swamp People.  Yep!  They look like I feel.

American Pickers.  Have to take a shower after that one because I itch.

Frasier--never disappoints.

Downton Abbey has made me more civilized during withdrawal.  I mind my manners.

Touch.  Cool idea and neatly scripted.

Girls.  Only watched a couple of episodes.  Very close to the bone.

Law and Order.  Feel like I can hang out my shingle.

American Idol.  I adopt some of those children.

Two and One-half Men.  I miss Charlie.  He made me look good.

Survivor.  Still haven't figured out winning strategy, but love when they discreetly cover the butt crack.

Nurse Jackie, of course.

Roaseanne.  She is real.

Person of Interest.  Jim Caviezel is more beautiful than Simon Baker.

The View, of course.

Used to watch skin care infomericals.  I believe everything I see, so have tried many products.

Scrubs, but only first two seasons.  Then got on my nerves.

River Monsters.  Yep, really! But not too often.

LET'S GET ON MAD MEN THREAD.  I HAVE SO MUCH TO SAY AND ASK!

Please, go ahead, start the Mad Men thread.  I dare you.  M.

Loved Simon with Anne in Prada.

Jonathan Hairdresser, I've thought of going to his salon!! His sister "owns" pussycat dolls.  Is it Adler? if not, that's close.

M.