Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Golf anyone?

[Ca...]

Hello Carol:

You know I don't know anything about golf, but I am here  :).

I am sorry about the wobbly and the bad headaches, I used to suffer mightily from migraines. Had them since I was a child. I had them continually up to my withdrawal. In one year, I've only had 2. Another bizarre positive side effect for me.  ;D

I'm glad that you have something like gold to keep your interest. Even though I don't understand it, I know many people find is quietly exciting to play and to watch. Swing on!

Why do people shout "four!" when they hit the ball, why that number?

I'm not doing so well today, it's not physical, and I'm not depressed. I don't know what to call this, but it doesn't matter, I'm here.  :thumbsup:

Love,

M.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ca...]

• [BY...]

• [mp...]

Hey M. Really Glad to here from you.

I think they shout "Fore" not 4. Like forewarning or something.

I hate having to shout that. Means a bad shot.

Maybe Matrix knows something about it.

I've always gotten headaches but not migraines.

For a while I wasnt getting any either but this vibration (wobble) in my head can sometimes give me a migraine and i dont know what i can take to help.

I went for a short walk.  Put my head in the tub. Tried Ibuprofen and tylenol.

Oh and an icepack. I still have it. Also feel nauseous.

I'm going to post a question to the group. Maybe someone has an answer for me.

Sorry you're not feeling well also. I hope it wasnt me that hurt hour feelings:(

I think the world of you and wouldnt want to be the cause of any extra pain.

Wish you a better evening. Your friend carol

Sweet Carol,

You could never ever hurt my feeling, not even if you tried!  I am sorry if I for one moment caused you stress on that front.

Ah, "fore", I still don't get it, but thanks for the clarification.  :)

I am so sorry to hear about that darned headache, it really makes everything so impossible to have that kind of distracting discomfort.  I know you are naseous, but have you eaten anything today? I know for me, I have to make sure I'm keeping up with nutrition, even if I don't feel like it. Possibly some protein might help? And carbs for instant energy.

I am doing much better now, the help I got here on BB has overwhelmed me with kindness and just the kind of support I needed.  ;D

About your blog, I think you've already started it, here. When I post here, it feels like your cozy "home". You might do something like this, "Golf Anyone?  Carol's Journey Up To Par"  or something. The mods/admins could move this for you if you'd like. I think it would be great to incorporte something you love as a positive step for all to see.

Love,

M.

Good idea M but.  I really want to name it "carol bares all"

And only one other person seems to be interested in golf.

BybyMatrix Mike.

Btw tks Mike

C

Great title Carol, you know everyone will be reading your blog, and posting too!  What a great icebreaker, you are one of the quietly funniest people here  ;D

M.

Tks M

I'm now at choir. They r working with the tenor so I have time to answer.

You only yell fore when your ball is about to hit someone.

Hence the word "fore"

Till later then.

C

Yes I hit it straight:). I'm a woman. Notice that most of us hit it straight.

First the grass has to green up. Then we will be hitting from the grass.

There are a few other places to go to practice but we have a punch card for this one for through hr winter.

I keep planninf to start a blog here but it seems so overwhelming to have to relive my horror and write it out. I am still very tenuously "here" and so far have only been doing things that help me through the day in some way. Maybe I should just start it with a little about myself and then add my story as I go along. Then it won't be such a daunting task.

So do you watch Feherty?

I've found that I've changed my opinion of each guest after watching it.

Always for the better.

Tpc sawgrass- bring it on! (my TV that is)

It is 1 pm now and I am just trying to begin functioning. I had such a bad wobbling in my head all night and woke up with an excrutiating head ache. The wobble happens every night but not the headache.

No practice today. Have to keep my mental energy up to go to Choir tonight.

Have started back half crippled (not yet healed) but at least I show up and see people.

We mostly sing German folk songs which is my heritage. Love it.

I thank you Mike for answering my golf post. I would have been devastated if I hadn't got a reply.

I really expected that there would be more of us addicts.

Carol

Hi Carol,

Sure, brag it up. ;):laugh: It's the truth though. When ever we do a mixed foursome scramble, you can always count on the girls to keep the ball in play.

No, I haven't watched Feherty. I'll have to try and catch the show sometime.

Hope that turns out to be a good tourney this weekend.

So, you sing in a Choir. I couldn't do that unless they needed the sound of a bullfrog. ;D

It sound like you and mplsgrl had some good titles for your blog, if decide to start one. You don't need to have a big intro to get it started. It's your decision, so no pressure.

Sorry to hear about the headaches. Those benzo headaches are the worst. The only thing that really helped me was, Aleve and a cool cloth over my eyes.

I'll be away from the PC for a couple of days. We will have to do some tourney talk over the weekend. Who is your favorite player?

Talk soon,

Mike

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n553/MiniRocky/kickagolfball.gif

Carol hittin the 7 iron. It's in the cup!

Hi Carol,

Sure, brag it up. ;):laugh: It's the truth though. When ever we do a mixed foursome scramble, you can always count on the girls to keep the ball in play.

No, I haven't watched Feherty. I'll have to try and catch the show sometime.

Hope that turns out to be a good tourney this weekend.

So, you sing in a Choir. I couldn't do that unless they needed the sound of a bullfrog. ;D

It sound like you and mplsgrl had some good titles for your blog, if decide to start one. You don't need to have a big intro to get it started. It's your decision, so no pressure.

Sorry to hear about the headaches. Those benzo headaches are the worst. The only thing that really helped me was, Aleve and a cool cloth over my eyes.

I'll be away from the PC for a couple of days. We will have to do some tourney talk over the weekend. Who is your favorite player?

Talk soon,

Mike

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n553/MiniRocky/kickagolfball.gif

Carol hittin the 7 iron. It's in the cup!

Oh ya!  And it's a par 3 so it's a hole in one:)

I sing soprano but am having a lot of difficulty with my voice right now.

Sometimes a croaky sound comes out. So I am also a bullfrog sometimes (as well as lark)

Haven't really got a favourite player. I do find a few boring to watch though.  Like Steve Stricker. Boring :sleepy: :sleepy:

Talk soon.

Carol

Ps. Ever had a hole in one?  Me NOT:(

Hi Carol,

Did you watch any of the tourney today? 4 out of the top ten didn't make the cut. ???

No, I never had a hole in one, my dad did though, two years in a row. He had been golfing over 40 years before that happened.

Someday, maybe I'll have one.

Hope you are well,

Mike

By the way, shot an 88 today. It's just the start of the season, lets hope I can bring that down a little. ;)

Mike. I watched half of it.

And the boring Stve Stricker missed the cut too.

We actually had a Ttime for today but I was not well enough to go.

It would have been my first round in 2 seasons.

We booked for Monday and hope that I feel good on that day.

Did go to the range this evening and hit better than a few days ago.

I'm a never ending tinkerer (like padraig) and I fear I tinkered too much.

My swing was so far off last time that I couldnt trust it.

Today I found my way back to my old swing. Whoo just in time.

Also found a longer rubber T and hit a few drivers. They were better also.

My clubs Havent touched real grass yet though.

I'll see that on Monday at the course.

Well I would happily take the 88 :) any day of the week.

I have been wracking my brain and i can't remember my best score ever. I know that i kept the score card but I dont have the energy to look for it.

I know 3 seasons back I shot 6 rounds in the 80's. thats when my handicap dropped from I think 16 to 13. Well left knee surgery april 2010 and Benzo hell april 2011. That took care of the last 2 seasons.

I expect to be over 100 for a while. Hate that!

I will watch the rest of todays play tomorrow morning.

Mornings I am so depressed and brain fogged that I cant function at all.

It will pass the time until my mind clears.

So far the Players is a little boring. We'll see what to tomorrow

brings.

Wish you a great weekend.

Carol

Carol,LOL :laugh: about Steve Stricker.

I did see a nice shot on a par 4 for eagle. Can't remember who it was ? Then, you have to laugh when they hit the ball in the drink. That #17 is tough one. It reminds me of #14 Coeur d'Alene, but there you have to take a boat to the green. That was a fun course by the way.

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n553/MiniRocky/FloatingGreenandPutterBoat.jpg

I have some pics of my own, just grabbed this one off the net. If you have a chance, try and make a trip there.

That's too bad you couldn't play. It's understandable though. There were a few times would start to play and after a couple of holes I had to leave. Just didn't have mental capacity and energy. Tried to walk away with a positive thought(at least I tried)

This is the first tome in almost two years where I can really enjoy the game again.

Well you're out there hitting the ball, it sounds like it going really good. The longer tees do help. :) You have to get a little green on those clubs, not from the mat, from the grass.  8) Brings good luck ;) Let me know how you do after the Monday trip.

The score doesn't matter, just have fun. You may be a bit foggy at first but, just give it a chance, it may clear. Sometimes it cleared for me and was actually able to make the turn and play 18.

Won't be able to watch the TPC this weekend and will DVR it for the final round. Let me know if anything interesting happens.

Mike

Hey Mike.

I did it. .

Drove like a granny, sculled two chips, 3 putted most greens. Shot a 91. It was a success. I played 18 holes:)

T time was for 3:15 so I was starting to feel better by then.

Mornings :(

That course in couer d'alene looks like a lot of fun. We've driven through there a couple of times but never golfed there.

What are your thoughts on the Players?

The most interesting thing that happened was Kevin Na on Saturday.

It was a little painful to watch and i ended up double timing his drives but it was entertaining.

Rickies good play also kept my interest on Sunday.

Hope you had a wonderful weekend.

Carol

Hey Mike.

I did it. .

Drove like a granny, sculled two chips, 3 putted most greens. Shot a 91. It was a success. I played 18 holes:)

T time was for 3:15 so I was starting to feel better by then.

Mornings :(

That course in couer d'alene looks like a lot of fun. We've driven through there a couple of times but never golfed there.

What are your thoughts on the Players?

The most interesting thing that happened was Kevin Na on Saturday.

It was a little painful to watch and i ended up double timing his drives but it was entertaining.

Rickies good play also kept my interest on Sunday.

Hope you had a wonderful weekend.

Carol

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n553/MiniRocky/woohoo1.gif That's great you got out! Shot a 91 not bad not bad at all for the first time out. Hey, I know it's hard to go out and do that. Good for you, I like hearing the good stuff.

Next time you go through Idaho, stop and play. If it's not on the weekend, you don't need a tee time. That's the way it was for me anyway.

That was too bad about Kevin Na. Hate to see them self destruct on the last day. Too many waggles and walking away seems like it would make it tougher to concentrate.

Went to the range and now I have the shanks. ??? Hate those klankers. ;D It will go away.....I hope.

Have a great day,

Mike

Mike did you watch enay of the weekend play?

like usual I taped it and watched some of it today.

It was ok.

I also taped the european golf and watched a little of it over the weekend.

i watched the semifinal and most of the final match today but. Because of a rain delay I didnt get the last 3 holes. Don't know who won.

The course in Spain was really nice to see.

Practiced yesterday and was supposed to golf today but wasnt well enough.

Tomorrows another day though.

We have a couple of really lovely courses here.

www.kananaskisgolf.com

I wanted to include a picture but I was having trouble copying it.

Hope your game is coming along.

Carol

• 5 weeks later...

hey Mike,  you abandoned me:(

how r you doing anyway?

We have had nothing but rain here for weeks.

Have only managed 3 games so far this year but was going to the range.

My ball striking has been so bad that i had to go for a lesson. hadnt seen my coach for 3 years.

Well,

As you know it is a game of little things.

My left hand grip had slowly ended up in the palm instead of the fingers.

Not bent over enough and also had me bend my left elbow a little to get me to parallel.

For a woman I have very stiff shoulders.

Anyway now just have to get some practice in.

i am so ripped off because I didnt get a chance to watch Saturday and sundays play.

Went on a weekend trip and forgot to tape it. My stupid benzo head did that.

i normally would never forget that.

Well I was hoping to get my BUBBA fix but he missed the cut anyway.

How's your game?

Carol

hey Mike,  you abandoned me:(

No, a little busier these days and at times, I end up out of the digital loop.

Looked at that Kananaskis golf site. The pictures they have on their link looked awesome. Have you golfed there? If I did, don't think I could ever leave. Might just try and cross the border and play there as we're thinking about heading to Yaak Montana later this year. That's only a few hours away from the course. It might be a little hard dragging me away from fly fishing though.hehe

The one thing about golf is, you have to be consistent. It's not like riding a bike, if you don't keep playing, things can turn a bit ugly as in my case anyway. ;)

I watched the Open and really thought Tiger was in the position to win it and figured he would. Wow! on the next day though. Could you believe the scores? Haven't seen very many tourneys with those type of high scores.

Was also hoping Bubba would do better. Oh well, the British Open will be here soon. Let's hope he will do better.

Grip it and rip it,

Mike

Kananaskis is owned by our province (alberta) they built it in a provincial park.

yes we play there every year at least once.

Because it is owned by us ,Albertans pay less to play it. It is also quite booked up.

it is really beautiful but i find that i dont even look at the mountains when i'm playing.

Last time we played there we had to wait for a deer family to leave the fairway. The babies were frolicking around for quite a while.

It is actually quite a ways from yaak. I'm trying to  figure out how many.

Today i watched a little of the european golf. John daly was doing ok.

I didnt have a lot of time because IM HEALING. Today we invited friends over for the first time in over a year. We have a table tennis table in our living room and we had a small get together.

bratwurst, potato salad etc.

I felt normal for most of he evening and even played quite well.

Got beat but didnt mind.

So you fly fish. our city is known for fishin in the bow river. i believe that it is fly fishing.

Oh god it is 2:45 am and I'm wired now. how he heck do I wind down now.

Yesterday my golf practice went a bit better .  Always looking for more distance.

i also expected more people to be golf fans.

Well i wont bug you too often :)

Thanks Mike

Carol

Well i wont bug you too often :)

You're not bugging me ;)

I'm kind of the same way when it comes to scenery, especially when it's the local courses I frequent. You get use to the surroundings. If it's out of town I tend to look around more. Which reminds me, if you have a chance type in Bandon Dunes Oregon and take a look at that course, it's similar to a Scott or Irish link course. We usually make a trip there once a year and if I can shoot below a 90, I'm very happy. It's a tough course.

Now you have me thinking about the Bow River. It's under 300 miles to Canmore and they have a course there too. Might have to take a over nighter and stay there.

Haven't checked to see how John Daly is doing but I met him once briefly = hello shake hands. He was in Lake Tahoe Caesars Palace when I was.

Sounds like outside of sleep, everything is starting to improve both in your golf game and socially as well. You'll be shooting -5 in no time. :)

Keep it up,

Mike

hey if you're coming to Canmore then definitely book Kananaskis. It is only about 1/2 past canmore into the mountains. Truly lovely and worth the extra half hours drive.

i will check out he dunes later tonight.

my golf game is impatient to get out again. It is raining non stop here

I actually need more practice before I get onthe course. You know how every little change is a huge adjustment.

Talk soon

Carol

Funny thing.

i dreamed i (and my family )all met john daly.

He helped me with the shanks and signed 4 chocolate easter eggs for us.

he was very nice:):)

Crazy dream crazy sport

I just checked out the bandon dunes site. Wow it looks beautiful. i've never played an ocean. Ourse before.

We do have a lot of wind here though. it's ever present.

One time we went on a golf holiday to Thailand.

OMG it was way too hot for comfort.

i ended up very sick with heat stroke. i didnt like it there.

C

Funny thing.

i dreamed i (and my family )all met john daly.

He helped me with the shanks and signed 4 chocolate easter eggs for us.

he was very nice:):)

Crazy dream crazy sport

:laugh:

He is nice. That's one funny dream Carol.

I just checked out the bandon dunes site. Wow it looks beautiful. i've never played an ocean. Ourse before.

We do have a lot of wind here though. it's ever present.

One time we went on a golf holiday to Thailand.

OMG it was way too hot for comfort.

i ended up very sick with heat stroke. i didnt like it there.

C

Yes, I bet you have a lot of wind there. It's the same here and probably has to do with those big mountains.

That course is really nice but it's best to play on a calm day if you can(less wind). If it's windy you need to know how to hit a low shot, similar to the low stinger Tiger hits. One day I hit driver into the wind and it only went about 150 yards. ??? The wind was really gusting that day. If you're ever around the area, try and play it, you won't be disappointed.

That's too bad you were sick in Thailand that would have been quite the experience. One of these days I would like to go to Scotland or Ireland and try a course. There is a friend of mine that has a group that go over seas and play every two years.

Someday, maybe I'll try and go with them.

Don't eat toooo many chocolate eggs ;)

Mike