Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Golf anyone?

[Ca...]

I wonder if anyone else here is a golf fan or a golfer?

I am both but due to this unfortunate incident/interruption in my life(accidental drug addiction)

I haven't been able to golf for a while now.

At least now I am able to enjoy watching it again on TV:)

We have a very short golf season here in Canada. It is just beginning and I believe I will be golfing again soon.

Anyone out there?

Carol

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ca...]

• [BY...]

• [mp...]

M

I'm up for it:)

Was reading an older post and I saw that you lost your cat last year.

Sorry to here it. I'm also a car person. We only have one now and she is a really unusual one.

When we get shoes on to go for a walk she goes nuts to come also.

She follows us as if she was a dog. No leash.

Why are hou still up?

Hi,

I had such a fantastic window all day yesterday, but as the evening wore on, I could feel the ick creeping back. I was "talking" with Lizzie last night, she asked the same as you, I didn't really how late it was. That's when I knew there would be no sleep for me!

And I had slept the previous 4 whole nights!  :(

Today, awful, all sx were back, of course not in full form, but really bad. I scared mom when she came to drop off food. I was shaking, crying, unable to form words, etc.

Much better for 90 minutes, but I still don't feel sleep coming any time soon, you?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

M.

Just played 9 holes this morning. Believe it or not, when I was not doing well, still went to the driving range, when there was hardly anyone there.

Some of these new kids to the PGA tour are really doing well.http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n553/MiniRocky/Golf.gif

I'm sorry that you got that icky feeling back. It can be pretty scary when it goes. Backwards for a while.

Although you havent written your story and me neither I believe that we both went through a particularly bad experience before getting off.

Still,  I'm starting to have better hours during the day now.

Today was relatively good for me. I forced myself out into the yard and started doing a little yard work.

Taped the golf tournament and enjoyed watching it later.

Walked to the grocery store.

All in all. Successful.

I was up last night until 3:30. :(

It's already 1:44 here now but alas, sleep evades me again.

I am in bed but using my phone to chat. I actually rarely go to my computer anjmore. Got this new phone for christmas.  Love it. But actually typing on it is the shits. Tons of mistakes.

C

Oh, honey, never worry about those little mistakes. Although I think you might get some kind of strain from such tiny typing, no?

I enjoy watching most sports, but truly, though many have tried, I just don't get golf. Do you find it exciting? Is it a matter of skill, precision, luck? What is the allure? 

I know, it must be the gorgeous clothes!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

M.

Yeah another golfer! Matrix.

I've manage the range 6 times. Here it is still not on grass and it is only driving but slowly everything is greening up.

Do you golf often?

Looks like Tiger missed the cut. To me, that's no big deal. Waiting to watch bubba play again.

He's not in the players next weekend though.

Carol

M. No it isnt the clothes! :)

I'm actually not a shopper so I wear the same things all the time.

Except wait!  All of my golf skirts are too big now. I'm going to be forced to the store for some new clothes.

I really like having clothes I just hate shopping.

You love clothes?

Carol

I do so love clothes. I love shoes, boots too! I love handbags, scarves, earrings and everythng a girl can possibly put on!

I am a very strange combo of being very straight forward and business oriented, driven in fact with being a real girlie girl.  ;D

Since I was a tiny tot mom tells me no one could quite understand me because of this strong duality. I grew up rough and tumbling it with the boys, then I would come in, clean up, change clothes and have a tea party with the girls. Of course, I ran the tea party!  :D

M.

I think I'm feeling sleepy, not sure, but bye for now, say goodnight to Lizzie for me, won't you?

M.

I've manage the range 6 times. Here it is still not on grass and it is only driving but slowly everything is greening up.

Do you golf often?

Looks like Tiger missed the cut. To me, that's no big deal. Waiting to watch bubba play again.

Carol

Hi Carol,

Yes, I golf 2 to3 times a week when the weather permits. ;)  This is the perfect time of year to play, still cool. After June it can be very hot here, 100 degrees after 1:00 PM.

Bubba is dah man!

Mike

Do you golf often?

Carol

Hi Carol,

Yes, I golf 2 to3 times a week when the weather permits. ;)  This is the perfect time of year to play, still cool. After June it can be very hot here, 100 degrees after 1:00 PM.

Bubba is dah man!

Mike

Pleased to meet you Mike:)

I like to golf 2 /3 times a week also but because "this" and 2 knee surgeries on my left knee happened I have only golfed a few times in 2 years.

It is just the beginning of golf season here and guess what.

It snowed today. I believed that spring was here but I should have known better.

The covered / heated driving range is great for winter but I really need to practice my short game.

I think that I'll be playing a little in a couple of weeks. Going to BC to help my mother and the weather there is better.

Doesn't seem to be many golfers on this forum. I thought golf was universal. But I guess that's soccer.

Thanks for replying to this. I would have felt bad

if no-one had replied to me. 

Would love to golfchatter but don't want to put you on the spot of it doesn't interest you.

Carol

Nice to meet you,

Golf away Carol ;) I'll stop by and chat with you, when I can. The clubs I use are Bertha woods Taylor Made irons, Cleveland wedges and an Odyssey putter. I thought more people golfed too. ;D

Ahh you live in OH Canada. That explains the snow. I'm down here in the U.S Pacific Northwest and we just had some snow fall in the mountains. Made me want to take the sleds out and go riding again.

Never golfed in the B.C area, bet there is some nice courses there. Golfed in Thunder Bay Canada once, that was quite a few years back though. I'm unsure of the name but it was a nice course.

Mike

Tks Mike.

I actually have senior mens Callaway x18s. God I forgot the name of my woods. Oh yah.Callaway ladies gems. Really light. Love them. Callaway driver but can't remember the name. 11 degree loft and 1 deg closed. Hope I can still hit it. Been practicing mostly with 7 iron to get my rythm back. Had to adjust a little because of left knee. Getting old sucks.

Putter - odessey ?? Not the 2 ball.  Something hot?? My stupid brain cog fog. It is he one with the rounded back. It works better for me because I rock my putter a bit and the 2 ball always bottomed out on the back side of he putt. 

I'm not really a very good putter. Would help to practice it more but ...

We once went on a golf holiday to Thailand. That was kind of cool. Except the heat stroke I got there.

Also 1 trip to Phoenix. Although it was February it was excrutiatinly hot.

We golf in the interior of BC because all of our family is there. My family doesnt golf but my husbands side of the family are all golfers.

This country is so big. I've never been east yet.

Do you watch much of the golf on Tv?

Rory had a great round today.

When I started to come to life again I was able to watch golf. That and dog whisperer. I don't even have a dog:)

I gather that you must be a good golfer by your equipment. I don't have a 60 deg.

My 56 works ok. Do actually plan on getting a 54 deg as i have an irritating gap between my 52 and 56.  First I've got to get healthy!

How are you doing?

Carol

Hi,

If you hitting a mens driver you still must have a good swing speed. A 7 iron is great for getting back into the game, for sure and do the same thing myself when starting the season.

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n553/MiniRocky/odyssey-divine-2-ball-1.jpg

My putter. Yes, a two ball.

I love wedge play by the way.

I played at the TPC in Scottsdale Arizona, what a blast. That was a first, for playing a course the Pros play on. The first day we played the front tees and shot 109 hehe, the second day I played the back tees and shot a 78 ???. Have no idea why. What a nice course though.

At one time my handicap was 7, now it's 16. Oh well. Not a good golfer but, like to play.

I'm pretty much recovered, consider myself 100% better, so I'm out quite often and started league play again. You will get there too.

I do watch golf often. Rory Mcilroy did play well today.

Mike.

I remembered that my driver is: callaway erc fusion. Putter. The white hot.

Well I have good rythm to my swing but I wish that I could swing a little faster.

I do use what I have efficiently ie: my timing, legs etc.

I have short backswing cause I'm so shoulder stiff but on the bright side. I love to practice:)

Senior mens clubs are lighter than regular clubs but beefier than womens. 

Liked the feel of the regular but my elbow joints didnt. So compromised.

My handicap was on the way down when I got sick.

13.5. I had started the season at 16 so I was happy with that. Our season here is really short.

Going to the range tomorrow to work on my "slow granny swing"

So hard to make a change that lasts.

Watching golf now.

Ps

Does that mean you live in washington orgegon or california?

I've been as far as seattle.

Glad that you are almost healed. I am truly on the mend and looking forward to life again.

C

Mike,

I havent played any courses too expensive. It would be nice to play a course that i

I've seen on Tv. I'm sure though the par 3 at tpc scottsdale wouldn't feel anything like it does with the crowds and bleachers. So you played it twice?  How much did it cost?

And how much does a normal course cost where you live?

One course I play that is a good deal is about a 45 min drive from here. Weekdays it is 45 dollars.

Our city courses cost about that also.

Up uintil  2 years ago I played in a ladies league on Tuesday nights and mixed league Friday nights.

Knee surgery changed that.

It's a lublic course but a really nice course. Not sure how much a round is now but it was 90 dollars on the weekends. It irritated me to spend that much and then be jammed in like sardines.

I'm a pretty fas player and don't take waiting very well.

(although my husband is lets say a deliberate player) so I do have to wait :(

Not so slow as Ben Crane but. Let's say Paddy.

The snow melted and I was able to go to the range:). We were going to share a 100 ball bucket but I was so unhappy after my 50 that we hit another bucket.

What I was working started to come together.  Made me really excited to actually get to a course now.

I do need to work on my bunker play and wedges at least a little before going on the course but I'm excited anyway. A little worried because so far I haven't felt good for 4 hours to do anything. But golf is also meditation isn't it?  Works for me.

Oh sorry. I have written a book now.

Hope you had a wonderful weekend and played A great game this weekend.

I taped todays play to watch Tomorrow. Don't tell me who won OK?

I'm going to disable my golf channel email so I don't get the news.

Tks Mike

Carol

That is actually a good handicap as not many people can play bogey golf or better

Know what you mean about having more of a compact swing. Mine is a little shorter then it once was(yes age sucks ;D) There was a time when I could drive it out there 260 to 280. Now I'm lucky to hit 250. It's still so much fun though and you can play no matter what age you are. At times, I've played with people in their 80's and they always seem to have a dangerous short game.

Granny swing or not keep swinging :thumbsup: Getting out is the best pat.

I live down from you in Oregon.

Mike:)

I just read a few words of your reply and quickly looked away.

I will rwad it tomorrow after I watch my tape pd todays final. I did see that you said playoff but I didn't see who was in it. I'm pretty excited to watch it now. I only gor to watch part of it because husband came home and we went to hit balls. Talk tomorrow after I've watched it. Ok?

C

OK Carol.  We will talk after you watch it.

Did an edit and took out the reference. ;) So, now you can't peek. ;D

Let me know what you think.

Mike

Hey... How do you edit a post that has already been sent?

Didnt know that was possible.

Wow. That was a satisfying play off.

I dont know if it was the withdrawal symptoms making me edgier or the excitement!

I kept getting a prickly wave running through my body.

I was happy for Rickie but I also would have been happy for DA.

It was a good distraction for me this morning because I woke up with yucky depression.

Going later to the range and this time going to pull out the driver.

It used to be a good club for me. We'll see though.

You still hit very far with yours.

My best drive ever was 230  but mostly it is between 200 and 215

Some under 200 and some over 215. Our altitude here helps. Calgary is at 3000 ft of sea level. (i think)

But when it is warm at sea level I hit about the same distance.

I'm not exactly a beefy person. 5 3 1/2 (short) and 120 - 13 lbs.

Play most games from the whites (not the forwards) because My husband and I play together mostly and cart together. Also we were pretty close together in distance so it worked but he's all of a sudden gained some yardage. He is short too. 5 5 1/2.

Next week.  The players.

I'm actually on mountain standard time in

Calgary. 1 hour ahead of you.

Tks for chatting. Mike

Do you watch Feberty?  Enjoy the guests but hate that yoohoo thing.

Drives me batty!

Carol

Mike.

Now i know how you were able to delete some of your message.

I'm so out of it sometimes. i just noticed that you are a moderator.

I have just finished reading all the bios of the whole volunteer team.

It moved me to tears. I wanted to post a blanket thankyou but I don't know where would be appropriate.

I guess that my brain problems have kept me from exploring the whole site. I just stay logged into the forum section.

Plus I always use my iphone so it is a little awkward to navigate websites.

Didn't sleep much last night but still managed to get to the range today.

Tried my driver.  OK i'll blame those rubber tees that can't be adjusted for the pathetic driving.

Might as well play with my 7 iron only. It shook me up to be so bad with a club that used to be my favourite. 

Anyways thanks for the volunteering your time to this site.

Carol

Hi Carol,

I knew you would enjoy that playoff. Fowler took a huge chance with that shot. He dresses  really loud, which I think is cool. It reminds me of Payne Stewart(with a modern twist).

I'm looking forward to the TPC at Sawgrass.

It sounds like you hit the ball well yourself. 200 to 215 is still a good poke, especially when it's straight. ;)

Hitting far and "not" straight can give a whole host of problems. I've been in the rough or on the beach plenty of times. :laugh:

Yes, playing or, watching golf is a great distraction. Going out even though you may feel like crud, can really take your mind off the symptoms. Not only that, but the fresh air and sunshine are good for you.

Good luck with the driver. I don't like the rubber tees either and usually go to the ranges where you can hit off the grass. Those rubber tees always seem to be too low. Yup it's the rubber tees. ;)

Thank you for your kind words.

Do you have a Blog? If not, post back here to comment about the tour or anything else.

Mike

Yes I hit it straight:). I'm a woman. Notice that most of us hit it straight.

First the grass has to green up. Then we will be hitting from the grass.

There are a few other places to go to practice but we have a punch card for this one for through hr winter.

I keep planninf to start a blog here but it seems so overwhelming to have to relive my horror and write it out. I am still very tenuously "here" and so far have only been doing things that help me through the day in some way. Maybe I should just start it with a little about myself and then add my story as I go along. Then it won't be such a daunting task.

So do you watch Feherty?

I've found that I've changed my opinion of each guest after watching it.

Always for the better.

Tpc sawgrass- bring it on! (my TV that is)

It is 1 pm now and I am just trying to begin functioning. I had such a bad wobbling in my head all night and woke up with an excrutiating head ache. The wobble happens every night but not the headache.

No practice today. Have to keep my mental energy up to go to Choir tonight.

Have started back half crippled (not yet healed) but at least I show up and see people.

We mostly sing German folk songs which is my heritage. Love it.

I thank you Mike for answering my golf post. I would have been devastated if I hadn't got a reply.

I really expected that there would be more of us addicts.

Carol