Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

What Do You Think Of Children's Beauty Contests?

[mp...]

Going back to Jon Benet Ramsey, I am freaked out over the way these little girls are "pimped out" by their mostly mothers. I know they feature a few little boys too, but they don't seem to be as degraded.

Yet, here is where I let you know I am awful, I am drawn to "Dance Moms"  the original, not Miami.

What are your thoughts on these contests for little ones?

M.

Disgraceful.

Children should not be pimped and preened to look adult and enter competitions, it´s really unhealthy and although i am not a parent, i really think that kids being entered into any competition is wrong, many kids think they are special simply because their parents pander to their wants and much of the time the parents are wrong and on so many levels, it´s just bad parenting in my opinion... kid singers the lot... talent shows should only be for 16 years and over... children often do not understand the concept of losing and i think psychologically it could be damaging at such a young age, especially when the parents constantly praise them and give them every reason to think they may actually win.

Wrong.

Oscar