Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Anybody had a celebrity encounter?

[mp...]

Hello, sorry Megan, I didn't see your response here until just now.  The folks in the Twin Cities have similar attitudes about wealth and celebrity. To have flashy attitudes is not the thing to do!!  :)  In my adopted home of Southern California however, things are quite different as everyone seems to be jockeying for a part in something. Chasing celebrity is a full time job here for most. Conspicuous consumption is rewarded with oohs and ahhhs. 

New Life, how wonderful that you've had brushes with those stellar people! We would all love to hear more details when or if you care to share!

M.  :smitten:

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [mp...]

• [Wh...]

• [ch...]

• [Wi...]

M.  what I would like to know is if there are any "celebrities" who have been benzo-victims and would want to be a spokesperson for the epidemic we see in front of our faces here on BB?? 

..in keeping with the theme of your "fun" thread..I have had superficial encounters with the likes of Oprah, Travolta, Hubert Humphrey, Dick Cavit (sp?), Frank Sinatra.

Stevie Nicks had a rough w/d from Klonopin. She attributes her "lost years" (not singing or performing) to her time on it.  She's been vocal about it but no longer makes it her cause.

ginger

Edit: personal information removed at member's request

oh my god,you are all so lucky to live in these lovely countries.i am so envious of you all.i love this thread,so interesting.just wondering if anyone had mel gibson.hes my favorite.    x

Very fun thread!

I was always a celebrity sighting wannabe ... from my teenage days chasing Donny Osmond out of the arena trying to get a glimpse to - oh no, thirty years later doing the same thing at a venue with a whole bunch of middle age fans.  He was outside his bus ... very sweet.  So I don't give the wrong impression, I am a woman of diverse tastes!  I saw the Who and many other bands through the 70's and 80's - even though I was going to be Mrs. Osmond one day, I could rock out with the best of them - darn time flies :).

Ellen,

I am SO jealous of you!!  - I would positively swoon if I ever got to meet him.  I used to listen to a radio show in LA that had a Christmas special on 12/22 (my birthday), and a woman in the audience also had her birthday that day.  Donny was at the show, and he pulled her onto the stage and sang Puppy Love to her - OMG I was going nuts at home!!  He broke my heart when he married "that girl" - as I assume he broke yours, too!

ginger

Edit: personal information removed at member's request

oh my god,you are all so lucky to live in these lovely countries.i am so envious of you all.i love this thread,so interesting.just wondering if anyone had mel gibson.hes my favorite.    x

No but I did preproduction on a movie he did w/ Goldie Hawn.  A couple of the the female crew members told me he was a total pig!  Constantly on the make with all of them,etc. He was married at the time and made it very clear that he was Mel Gibson so it would be their honor to screw him.

Sorry if I burst your bubble! I could never watch another movie of his without thinking about that.

I had another friend who met Dennis Rodman and said he was absolutely horrible.  She was supposed to interview him but ended up walking off the set!  Nasty, making sexual gestures, licking his lips and looking at her boobs, etc. - just disgusting.  Not that you couldn't tell he'd be like that just by looking at him!

Anyone ever had an encounter with Robby Benson? I adored him in my younger days :-*

Oh, I was watching "Mulan" recently and discovered that Donny O. was the voice of the Prince!

:mybuddy: T2

Lou Reed, jack klugman, Ruth westheimer, mike Wallace, mark messier, petr falk, Alan arkin

All in ny weird encounters

All very unique and interesting personalities. Of course, it would be wonderful if you would care to share a little about your encounters!  ;D

M.  :)

Lou reed , while apt hunting in ny I ran into him in a hallway, asked for his autograph but didn't have a pen,  looked at each other awkwardly, and said "next time."

Other time he was playing pinball, I asked him for autograph, and he said get the fuc away kid.

Mark messier in locker room after Stanley cup, he said, you dont belong here.

Wallace in drug store, westheimer in street, falk and ark in in restaurants, Joan rivers at elaines,

Jack klugman on street.  I'll write more when can, am on iPad

F

Nothing like the big apple, but you have to be loaded $ to really live well. It can swallow the strongest olympian and spit him out and melt bronze in a nanosecond.

I got to meet Chris Tomlin years ago.  Of course, that was set up by a friend who worked at the same church he led worship in.  When I posted on Myspace (remember those days?) a pic of my 3rd row seat tickets, she emailed me asking if I wanted her to try and get me backstage passes.  I really didn't know until I got to the ticket window if I would have them or not.  Was screaming excitedly like a school girl after leaving from the ticket window, but then again I had the hugest crush on him too.  :)

My MIL's best friend was Eileen Herlie.  My husband called Eileen shortly before she died to ask how she was doing.  The Husband says "Hello Eileen?  This is Rick."  She replies:  "Richard, darling!  I thought you'd never call!"  She thought he was Richard Burton and had forgotten he had died.  At 90 years old, who has a good memory?

The husband now thinks he sounds like Burton.  No way, no how.  But I let him think that.

Donna

Donna, I don't know if anyone knows who Eileen was! She played a favorite character for over 30 years on All My Children - everyone's favorite house mother, Mrytle Fargate!!  :laugh: For a time, she also ran The Boutique and the Serving Spoon, I think. Please, anyone who knows, correct me if I'm wrong.

A very, very fun story!! Does your husband every quote Shakespeare in your ear?  :laugh:

Poor elderly Eileen, something about her lends me to think that she enjoyed a cocktail or two!!  ;D

I worked in London for the VP of International Production of Paramount Pictures. We were the Euopean arm and it was a fun job. We did casting for Paramount's movies filmed in Italy France and Germany as well as the UK.  My boss was Italian but one of the founder members of Paramount when he stowed away from London where he grew up (next to Anna Pavlova's house) to Hollywood to work for Adolf Zucker the founder of Paramount.  I met a lot of actors, producers, directors and writers.

I was never star struck (my boss saw to that) and most of the actors I met were unbalanced or rude / John Travolta and Diane Keaton belonged to the first category, Warren Beatty and Bob Evans, producer to the second.  They are mostly so full of themselves

I have the greatest respect for the writers and technical staff tho'. Many stories but am on my iPhone and about to sleep

I knew many of the Paramount biggies - Dino de Laurentis, Jeff Katzenberg, Barry Diller, Charles Bludhorn, the late Don Simpson ... Loads of them. They were good days!

Wow Annie!! I think I see a book there!! Sounds like you had a lot of difficult but fascinating personalities to deal with.

I also have read that you are doing better these last couple of days, I'm so happy about that!

Wow Annie!! I think I see a book there!! Sounds like you had a lot of difficult but fascinating personalities to deal with.

I also have read that you are doing better these last couple of days, I'm so happy about that!

Hmm don't know about a book!  I have a wonderful photo at home of me at a premiere in between these old guys I was looking after - Gene Kelly and Fred Astaire!  I gave my dad a copy, he adored them, he was so proud of his lil' gal' !!

Yes totally healed and well now thanks but drop by BB sometimes.

Wishing you all complete healing too.

Angel xx

• 1 month later...
Oh I have one! My daughter turned 20 on August 19 and on August 17 she went to see Duran Duran (we live in memphis) Simon Lebon ( singer) walked out in the crowd and kissed her on the cheek! She loves 80's music and that made her birthday.

I've encountered several celebs right here at BBudz.

Liz Taylor is here.

And that Donnie Darko guy, what's his name?

And I think I see one of the Hemingway sisters around.

Of course, they're not allowed to use their real names here, but c'mon, people.

Their pictures give them away.

Hello?