Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Anybody had a celebrity encounter?

[mp...]

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [mp...]

• [Wh...]

• [ch...]

• [Wi...]

I'm guessing that you live in LA? Whoopie Goldburg lived near me in Berkeley and she once grabbed my baby I wouldn't give her back. Eventually she did. Whoopie is awesome down to earth person.

Yes, garuda, LA. How funny about Whoopie :D My latest was: Took my elderly mom to movie and because I was holding stuff, couldn't open the door for her. A nice man caming running up and held the door for us. He came in after us and we kind of walked together. My mom kept going after I sat down and he said to me, " I guess she doesn't like you as much as you thought." I responded, "that's probably true, Ray Liotta."  :)

No, in fact he was adopted and I think he found out who his birth mother was only recently. Very nice man! Very good looking in real life.

It was in the 80's when she was doing standup here in Colorado, before she moved to LA.  She has a very biting sense of humor so nice? uhm kinda sorta lol.  All I really remember was going to retrieve a small ball from under her refrigerator and the plethra of dust bunnies that were there lol

Fun story! I use cleaning my house as both therapy and exercise and I have it on my mind that I am not up to moving that darn refrigerator to clean it!  Probable bunny farm under there! :D

I live 20 mins new of boston and while vacationing in palms springs I asked a jogger for directions when lost (in my car). How surprised I was to have a sweaty Corbin bernsen hanging thru my car window!  What a sweetheart! Love the whoopie story and others candy

Fun story! I use cleaning my house as both therapy and exercise and I have it on my mind that I am not up to moving that darn refrigerator to clean it!  Probable bunny farm under there! :D

Her refrigerator was elevated some (not sure why) so it was easy to see. I can't even imagine what's under mine.  I consider it a science experiment..yeah sure that's it a science experiment lol

Candy, what a charming story. I know lots of people outside of LA and NYC have stories too. I was thinking over the last week that I have finally been active on BB, that it would be great just to share fun, light stories with my new community. The lighter side always helps.  :-*

I think it's a great idea to not focus our sx.  We may not b convinced they will go away BUT they do. Laughter IS the best medicine!  Candy

I think it's a great idea to not focus our sx.  We may not b convinced they will go away BUT they do. Laughter IS the best medicine!  Candy

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I can't wait to hear more of these.  Living in Canada I didn't have much of an opportunity to encounter any of these people.  In fact I only saw one once (that was not putting on a performance) when I was in Hawaii many, many years ago but nothing funny happened.  We were in a lounge listening to a piano player and there at a table near us sat Lucille Ball and her husband.  We didn't approach her or talk to her out of respect for her space but I'll never forget seeing her like that.

I'd like to hear more about these meetings whether funny or not cuz I find it so thrilling.

I can't wait to hear more of these.  Living in Canada I didn't have much of an opportunity to encounter any of these people.  In fact I only saw one once (that was not putting on a performance) when I was in Hawaii many, many years ago but nothing funny happened.  We were in a lounge listening to a piano player and there at a table near us sat Lucille Ball and her husband.  We didn't approach her or talk to her out of respect for her space but I'll never forget seeing her like that.

I'd like to hear more about these meetings whether funny or not cuz I find it so thrilling.

Hi!  I know, since I was a little girl in Minneapolis, I dreamed I was in the biz, and sought out any story involving celebrity.  I heard many stories, and then things started happening to me, even in Minneapolis! I never did meet Lucy though, it would have been a thrill! While in junior high my best friend and I compiled a list of celebs whos death would effect us the most:  1. Johnny Carson  2. Lucille Ball (I don't remember the rest!) I have  sooo many stories, I wouldn't know where to begin. I just run into these folks everywhere, and they always talk to me!! I also don't want to bother them, I don't know why they approach me. :D

Here's my Elvis story: I sold men's fragrance/accessories at major dept store in Beverly Hills. Right before Father's Day 1977, Priscilla came in with little Lisa Marie and demanded the "most expensive wallet and most expensive bottle of fragrance". I asked if it was for the little girl's father (I never identified celebs when working, to show respect) She said, yes, of course. She handed over her credit card which read, "Mrs. Elvis Presley", which of course, she no loner was at that time. So, I personally sold the last gifts given to Elvis from Lisa Marie. As reported at the time, she soon left LA to spend time with him at Graceland. By the way, I was a kid myself, but I am very old now!  ::)

Well, being my age of course Elvis but I'd be happy to hear the list or at least your top 10 thrilling encounters.

Top Ten Celebrity Meetings (not only funny): 1. Elizabeth Taylor  2. Alec Baldwin  3. Barry Gibb (BeeGees) 4. Johnny Mathis  5.  Jack Lemmon  6. Cher/Gregg Allman/Chastity  8. Jerry Lewis  9. Jay Leno  10.  James Earl Jones  The stories would be too long to write about each, are any of these something you'd like to hear?

Oh my gosh, that gave me shivers through my whole body.  LOL  Thanks for the cheap thrill.  :laugh:

How about Sandra Bullock, Robert Downey Jr., Goldie Hawn, Tom Hanks or John Travolta?

Oh you just posted a list, yes Cher please.  I feel like an addict looking for a fix.  ;)

Let's see, Cher: Way back in 1976, when she was pregnant with her son, she was shopping in my store (that I worked at) for some crazy "Tarzan" furniture that was being hand built for her. Gregg Allman nearly molested me by pinning me up against a wall and touching my collar bone, then asking me directions to gift wrap!  :idiot: :idiot: I couln't even move around him to call security. Much later that night, I was sitting outside the store, waiting for my ride. I decided to clean out my purse and had all my stuff spilled out around me. Cher, Gregg and Chastitiy came up to me (why, I don't know) and Chastity started playing with my stuff! Cher yelled at her to stop touching "the nice lady's things", but Gregg said it was ok because I was cool.  They asked me if I needed a ride somewhere, I said no.  I had always loved Cher, but this creeped me out.  A couple of years later I met Cher at a charity event, and she said she thought she knew me from somewhere, I told her no.  She was stunning at the charity concert, just like you would remember her!

Hello,

I worked in the industry for years and have met and worked with MANY celebrities.  My first roommate in NYC was Richard Pryor's ex wife, she and Richard remarried, and she is now his widow.  I knew Richard very well for many years.  The good, the bad, and the ugly.

I would say the nicest celebrities I've worked with are, Kelsey Grammer, Queen Latifa, Elizabeth Taylor, Drew Carey, Jeff Goldblum, Cher, Debbie Reynolds, John Travolta, Gabriel Burns, Oprah, Heather Locklear, and believe it or not, Charlie Sheen.  George Carlin and his wife, Denzel Washington and his wife, Dennis Hopper, Francis Ford Coppola, George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise, Robin Williams, Dolly Parton, Kevin Costner.  I'm sure I will think of many more.

I dated one on the Baldwin brothers in my twenties, and of course met all of them.  Marrite Hartley has been a dear friend for many years.

A few that I did not enjoy working with :nono:...Faye Dunaway, Tommy Lee Jones, Joan Collins, Dennis Quaid, Barbara Streisand, Bill Cosby, Sean Penn.

Very intense...Shirley Maclane, Steve Martin, Nicolas Cage, Judy Davis.

Sexiest man in person goes to Jeff Goldblum.  No kidding.  I never would have believed it had I not seen it for myself. :o

Oh, and Will Smith, I want to adopt him as a brother, lover, friend,,,,anything.

I have many funny stories and not so funny stories.  When I have more energy...

Like mplsgrl, I have met and worked closely with countless celebrities.

Charlie :smitten:

charlie39: Sounds like you definitely had more of an "in" job than I did, I just worked in retail in Minneapolis and LA, now work in Medical field. I can certainly agree with you on: Barbra Streisand and Faye Dunaway!  I met Dennis at a club where his band played, 2005 or 6, he was very nice, charming, met my whole group. He didn't look very good though, and I had always had a crush on him!  Which Baldwin did you date, if I may ask? 

Working with/for the celebs can be exhilarating and exhausting, right?