Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

For the record I'm a human too!

[48...]

As I said, we intend it open up a discussion about this on a more appropriate board. You can have your say and we will listen. I just hope you all will also listen.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ho...]

• [Ro...]

• [Ch...]

• [os...]

[48...]

At least get this stuff off a thread labeled "strippers/prostitutes are humans too". You want this to be the thread of the month? Again...why not open up a chat room? Most of the ppl in this room in question just want BB chat back. It was supposed to be a makeshift chat. It's been "6"months. It is often the ppl who have no real support and who are clinging to a chat room who need help the most. This off site chat room has been a blessing but BB chat would be better for most. The biggest issues we have had with our room is that it has been taken to the BB boards.

Robb

Requested that a couple hours ago, I think its changed now.

No harm intended, I did act on emotional impulse by making the thread so bold, but I hope everyone can learn from this one way or another...

I understand everyone's POV and hope to still have friends in support here on BB :)

Happy Healing!  :smitten:

At least get this stuff off a thread labeled "strippers/prostitutes are humans too". You want this to be the thread of the month? Again...why not open up a chat room? Most of the ppl in this room in question just want BB chat back. It was supposed to be a makeshift chat. It's been "6"months. It is often the ppl who have no real support and who are clinging to a chat room who need help the most. This off site chat room has been a blessing but BB chat would be better for most. The biggest issues we have had with our room is that it has been taken to the BB boards.

Robb

Robb,

I think you will find this is on our boards because those running that chat room were, against our rules and guidelines, using our systems to recruit members. Either they did this directly by invitation through our PM system, or they first gained their potential member's e-mail address though the PM system, and did it that way. Both of these actions are expressly against our rules, and they know it. On top of this, they know better than most what has occurred in the past. At least one of them was involved in the running of an earlier chat room that ended in disaster. It seems whenever we take a lenient approach with those breaking our rules, they take this a green light to do the same again.

So, it is the chat room operators that brought this to our forum boards. This very thread is the result of problems at their chat room; and the result of abuse of our PM system. It is very simple: if anyone wishes to create a benzo withdrawal support chat room, do it. Advertise it, but not here, and do not abuse our systems to recruit potential chatters and place our members at risk. I also note that potential recruits were not warned of past problems with chat rooms (the stalker), or that the last chat room they created was closed after the stalker infiltrated it. But they did warn our members to not inform the BB Team about their rule breaking contacts through the PM system. Nice - real nice.

We operated for years without a chat room. And, after we created one, it was little used for years. Even at its peak, our chat room was minority interest. This is a benzodiazepine withdrawal support forum, not a chat room. Any other other features are cruft or accessories. A small but sizable number of you behave as though you are somehow 'entitled' to do what you wish here, and complain when I fail provide everything you attempt to demand of me and the rest of the team. You are 'entitled' to nothing except respect - respect that should be reciprocated by behaving within our rules and guidelines.

I will write more later, when I and the Admins have decided exactly what we are going to do about this.

Robb

I never advertised or recruited anyone.

I'll bow out cause it's just a thread to argue something that has already been determined IMO.

Robb

I think you will find this is on our boards because those running that chat room were, against our rules and guidelines, using our systems to recruit members. Either they did this directly by invitation through our PM system, or they first gained their potential member's e-mail address though the PM system, and did it that way. Both of these actions are expressly against our rules, and they know it. On top of this, they know better than most what has occurred in the past. At least one of them was involved in the running of an earlier chat room that ended in disaster. It seems whenever we take a lenient approach with those breaking our rules, they take this a green light to do the same again.

So, it is the chat room operators that brought this to our forum boards. This very thread is the result of problems at their chat room; and the result of abuse of our PM system. It is very simple: if anyone wishes to create a benzo withdrawal support chat room, do it. Advertise it, but not here, and do not abuse our systems to recruit potential chatters and place our members at risk. I also note that potential recruits were not warned of past problems with chat rooms (the stalker), or that the last chat room they created was closed after the stalker infiltrated it. But they did warn our members to not inform the BB Team about their rule breaking contacts through the PM system. Nice - real nice.

We operated for years without a chat room. And, after we created one, it was little used for years. Even at its peak, our chat room was minority interest. This is a benzodiazepine withdrawal support forum, not a chat room. Any other other features are cruft or accessories. A small but sizable number of you behave as though you are somehow 'entitled' to do what you wish here, and complain when I fail provide everything you attempt to demand of me and the rest of the team. You are 'entitled' to nothing except respect - respect that should be reciprocated by behaving within our rules and guidelines.

I will write more later, when I and the Admins have decided exactly what we are going to do about this.

[48...]
ya delete the thread. i messed up by opening my mouth too much in a state of emotion... no one even replies to me on here, i cant make a new account itll be too obvious.... screw it i guess i pay the price of sticking up for myself.

ya delete the thread. i messed up by opening my mouth too much in a state of emotion... no one even replies to me on here, i cant make a new account itll be too obvious.... screw it i guess i pay the price of sticking up for myself.

Jane,

I obviously was not there when this happened since I was one of the first to reply to this thread and defend you.  After reviewing the logs and talking to others, this is what happened.  When you mentioned going to a facility, they all assumed you meant detox.  They were asking you out of concern for you well being.  They didn't want you to cold turkey and suffer.  Most of those people have never taken a urine test and don't understand the circumstances.  Just by looking at what you wrote, I have an understanding of your situation because well I've been in various situations of my own in life.  I understand why you need to cold turkey and I competely respect what you are trying to accomplish. 

You have to understand that the words cold turkey and detox are going to draw a reaction from people in this community.  Those of them that have done it and suffered will do anything they can to prevent others from what they have suffered through.  Especially if it entails going to a detox center which costs a lot of money.  I respect their stance but I also respect the different situations people are in.  I know there are no ideals in life and that sometimes a long taper is just not an option. 

They "banned" you out of fear because there is still paranoia with the troll.  Since the person who invited you left the room, they couldn't confirm who did it.  The moderators also checked the security section and saw that you signed on from two different locations.  None of this ever had anything to do with your life and people hope that you know and understand that.  No one else is responding to this thread because they fear they will be banned for participating in the chat room.  That is a subject we are discussing right now.  I apologize for the confusion and drama. 

Jane,

I obviously was not there when this happened since I was one of the first to reply to this thread and defend you.  After reviewing the logs and talking to others, this is what happened.  When you mentioned going to a facility, they all assumed you meant detox.  They were asking you out of concern for you well being.  They didn't want you to cold turkey and suffer.  Most of those people have never taken a urine test and don't understand the circumstances.  Just by looking at what you wrote, I have an understanding of your situation because well I've been in various situations of my own in life.  I understand why you need to cold turkey and I competely respect what you are trying to accomplish. 

You have to understand that the words cold turkey and detox are going to draw a reaction from people in this community.  Those of them that have done it and suffered will do anything they can to prevent others from what they have suffered through.  Especially if it entails going to a detox center which costs a lot of money.  I respect their stance but I also respect the different situations people are in.  I know there are no ideals in life and that sometimes a long taper is just not an option. 

They "banned" you out of fear because there is still paranoia with the troll.  Since the person who invited you left the room, they couldn't confirm who did it.  The moderators also checked the security section and saw that you signed on from two different locations.  None of this ever had anything to do with your life and people hope that you know and understand that.  No one else is responding to this thread because they fear they will be banned for participating in the chat room.  That is a subject we are discussing right now.  I apologize for the confusion and drama

Chris,

Please keep your chat room moderation issues off this forum. Your chat room is not affiliated with BB and if you have moderation issues they have nothing to do with this forum and should not be discussed here. Period! If you want to have a chat room, then you need to figure out how to moderate it. Don't do it on this forum or using our PM system. If you continue, I'll revoke your posting privileges.

We don't ban members for chatting on off site chat rooms. Again, you seem to be missing the point.

Jane,

No need to worry, this thread ceased being about your original post quite some time ago. This thread will not be deleted. We rarely delete threads.

As Colin said, the admin team is in the process of discussing what we're going to do at this point.

I have a tremendous respect for this site and everyone involved with it.  It has helped me overcome one of the darkest periods of my life and I'll never forget that.  I kindly ask that my account here now be taken to guest status.  Thank you. 

I have a tremendous respect for this site and everyone involved with it.  It has helped me overcome one of the darkest periods of my life and I'll never forget that.  I kindly ask that my account here now be taken to guest status.  Thank you.

If you take his off take mine off too.

Respectfully, Robb 

If you take his off take mine off too.

Respectfully, Robb 

I'll be in touch with both of you regarding this when I have some time. Please note that our policy requires that we wait 48 hours before we delete members accounts. If you like, we can consider this the beginning of your 48 hour period. I'll be in touch via PM when I have a moment.

Is this really the best resolution to this very emotionally laden issue?  Does this really need to become this divisive?  I am one who utilizes and benefits significantly from both this web site and the chat room.  They both provide resources and support, in different ways, that I desperately need during this horribly distressing and oh so long process.  I'm sick and I need help.  And I'm not alone in this.  Isn't that really what's important here? Is there no resolution that will allow for a compromise or solution that can satisfy all?  Does it have to come to this?

WWWI

Ugggggg,  what is going on around here,  is it the moon,  the planets.

This is a peaceful forum,  it's so distressing to see you guys at odds with each other and with the Admin here.

It's not worth it.  Things will look different in a couple of days.  You guys are going through so much,  give each other a break.  It doesn't need to be final , any of it.

This is what happens to us in benzo withdrawal,  believe me I have been there,  tempers flare,  people say things they regret,  people want to leave,  then they change their minds.  It's normal stuff for everyone going through this. 

Give each other a break,  and give yourselves a break too,  it's hard to bear this withdrawal day after day after day.  I'm sorry you guys are in so much pain,  but the reality is,  it's just details,  you guys care about each other and the administration here cares about you.  I hope you all stay and continue to give each other the much needed support you all deserve.

Less of this  :tickedoff:  and more of this  :smitten::yippee:  Take good care  xo

I was trying to back Christopher at the time so he would rescind HIS request since it was attached to mine. I do not wish to leave. I have not, nor will not recruit anyone and I will spread the word. I think all this is getting out of hand and I don't agree with the back and forth. To me, you have made your point loud and clear. Please don't permanently ban our members. 3 of them are very dependent on this site as well as chat. Maybe a lesser sentence would suffice? Sorry for my part in this.

sincerely, Robb