Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Time for a laugh or two

[...]

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [pa...]

• [...]

• [ha...]

• [...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks hanna, Thanks Patty,  Yes, this is our story to just have fun with, and  exercise our minds. Here's some more :laugh:

Vicky, and Cody decided not to turn in their winning lottery ticket just yet.  They first need to see a lawyer regarding the many changes that are about to take place in their young lives. 

Vicky wants Cody to build a Veterinary Clinic, and animal shelter.  Together they want to establish a foundation that will provide modern, well insulated, and attractive homes for abused women, and their children where they can feel safe, and protected from the darker side of society.  They both have an unwavering commitment to protect little children who are so fragile, and so defenceless.   

"I'm going to make a quick run over to the Culver place, and check on their dog who  is having a tough labor." " I'll stop at Betty's for a bite to eat," he said before kissing Vicky good bye.  "Be careful, Cody the roads are very slippery," Vicky warned him. 

Hi there, Skyy," Cody said as he sat down at a table facing the door.  " Betty's not working you too hard is she?"  "She's a real slave driver, doc.  "I'm lucky if she let's me grab a ten minute coffee break," she said, winking at him.

"I heard that!, Betty said, as she came charging out of the kitchen, her hands covered in dough.  "Just kidding, Betty, "Skyy laughed. " I know you are hun."  "Yer' the best, and the sweetest little waitress that has ever worked fer' me. "

"Why does a smart, pritty little gal like you, want to be a sheriff in some jerk water county like Sagebrush, that is run by all men?," Betty asked her" 

"Because it's time for that corrupt little weasel, Sheriff Willard Boggs, to be defeated in the next election, and i'm the girl that can do it," Skyy said, exuding the confidence one would expect from a fighter pilot, not from a pretty little waitress. "You give em' hell, Sheriff Skyy Montana," Betty said to herself.

"You want your usual, doc?, Skyy asked him.  " Sure, but with only two slices of bacon, and one egg."  "Vicky says I have to watch my cholesterol."  "She wants you around for a long time doc.  We all do," Skyy said, with a smile on her kind face, that was sweeter than one of Betty's caramel rolls.

"I'm not one to gossip, or meddle in someone else's business, or heavin' forbid, play matchmaker," Betty remarked to Skyy when they were in the kitchen," but  Billy's foreman, Hank,  was in yesterday, and told me that when Missi got back from her dad's, she and Billy had one helluva fight."

"She accused him of messin' around with other women while she was gone."  "Hank told me that Billy never left the ranch once while she was away."

"Missi is spoiled rotten, Hank told me." "Her dad is a millionaire, and gave her everything she ever wanted.  She never went without nothin' her whole  life."  "Billy loses all sense of reality when it comes to pritty women." "That's what Hank said to me," Betty told Skyy.

"If it doesn't work out between those two, I know a smart,  beautiful girl who would be perfict for Billy." " She worked her way through Veterinary school." " She knows what it means to work yer' ass off for what you want."  "Her family never had a pot to piss in, or a window to throw it out of."

"Wow!, Skyy thought to herself, Betty's life, and the people in it,  is like a living a little ol' Soap Opera."  "I love her to pieces. "  "I'm sure glad she asked me to move in with her, and her little Calico Cat, Sadie."

PJ....Awww :'( :'(...tears in my eyes, how you folded all in with Cody/Vicky re the winnings!  Yes, yes...with Missi, with Betty, with Billy....and Skyy... Right on. :thumbsup::yippee: :yippee:

Hanna.....Please write soon, now I'm anxious again!  I need your help to stay focused! 

PJ.... Wonderful! :smitten:

Hi Patty, :)  Thanks.....

I'm just trying to follow that wonderful, piece of writing you did about Vicky going back to retrieve the lottery ticket.  That was some brilliant writing! :smitten:

I'll let you and hanna write about the wedding dress, and that girly kind of  stuff :laugh:

pj, I don't do the girly stuff. Pattylu is the expert with that part! Witness the find of the wedding dress!!!

Finally news of the lottery win got out to the town and Vicki and Cody quickly let everyone know that they were going to support the town. This stopped any people wanting the money for themselves.

The plans for the lottery win money came together so well after the next month.

Vicki opened the doors to the new shelter: "My Sister's Place".  They were so glad to know that they could provide the support women and children needed. There was hope that came with the place - a few women came from nearby towns and settled in with their children to put their lives in order. Vicki was surprised about how the work in the place spilled happily into their lives. One woman, Annie, who had had to leave her home and ranch in the hands of a mean-spirited husband, missed working with horses. She had such a gift that she went to work on Billy's ranch. There she found a safe place and a good job. "No better place than this here town. No better people."

The vet clinic also opened. The clinic affectionately was called Country Paws and Heavenly Hooves by the locals. Cody was able to bring on a new partner, Joel. This left Cody to work with the big animals; the horses (and cows  ;)  ) he loved so much. He handed over his small animal hat to Joel, who thrived on working with the working dogs and all the companion animals who were loved by so many in the town. Joel even did house calls, if the house was near his route home.

One day, he stopped in on Betty and her little calico, Sadie. "I reckon that Sadie is due for her shots, Betty, so I'll just mosey (**do people still "mosey over" ? I guess they do in this story) over and take a look at her on my way through town to home." When Joel arrived, Betty said, "Just pull up a chair there. Welcome Joel to my cafe and to our town. First cup is on the house - we reckon you will be back. Just tell us about yourself."  A couple of hours later, after everyone had left and Joel finally took a look at Sadie, he left the cafe. "That Betty is one fine lady", he thought. Just about my age. One fine looker. Joel was a bit surprised at himself. He hadn't thought of a woman that way since before his Susie took ill so long ago. That pain and sadness seemed far behind him. But Betty.....Whoa. But she was sure some kind lady. Maybe he should stop by tomorrow morning for breakfast. Find out if she could really cook as well as they all said.

I'm just trying to follow that wonderful, piece of writing you did about Vicky going back to retrieve the lottery ticket.  That was some brilliant writing! :smitten:

I'll let you and hanna write about the wedding dress, and that girly kind of  stuff :laugh:

y

Thanks PJ.... Well us girls we'll have to put our heads together on that one! :laugh:  Just, I have no idea of ranches, barns, etc.... How about an outdoor Wedding in a meadow of their land they purchase, and their down to earth reception, in their brand new spanking barn... A great rustic country wedding and all to kick their boots up? ;)

:smitten: :smitten: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: WOW!!!! That was a triple hitter out of the ballpark! :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

I'm up to my "boots" with ......, with you two now!  Now I'm shaking in my boots!  I get my new laptop tomorrow... May need to wait to step up to this!  You two are the best! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hi pattylu,

Wonderful news about the laptop. You are a trooper using an iPad!

Looking forward to your installment and really glad you are managing the wedding details!

y

Thanks PJ.... Well us girls we'll have to put our heads together on that one! :laugh:  Just, I have no idea of ranches, barns, etc.... How about an outdoor Wedding in a meadow of their land they purchase, and their down to earth reception, in their brand new spanking barn... A great rustic country wedding and all to kick their boots up? ;)

Patty :) an outdoor wedding in a meadow covered with lush green grass, colorful wildflowers, and beautiful horses with their colts, prancing in the background would be perfect! 

A reception in the new barn with the intoxicating scent of redwood, and white pine eminating from the massive beams, sounds like the perfect place to dance the Texas two-step.  Time to buy yourself a pair of Tony Lama cowgirl boots. :laugh:

Hanna :)

All I can say is SUPERB!! :smitten:  Introducing Joel into the story as Cody's partner to tend to the small animals, and people's pets was a great idea.  Betty, and Joel......I love it!

Thanks hanna.

pj

y

Patty :) an outdoor wedding in a meadow covered with lush green grass, colorful wildflowers, and beautiful horses with their colts, prancing in the background would be perfect! 

A reception in the new barn with the intoxicating scent of redwood, and white pine eminating from the massive beams, sounds like the perfect place to dance the Texas two-step.  Time to buy yourself a pair of Tony Lama cowgirl boots. :laugh:

PJ, Glad you liked what I thought.. yes just how you described it!  Your the one that has to describe the barn and sights as you did.. ;)  My boots... I ordered then the day before yesterday!! :):laugh: :laugh: :laugh:;)

Hanna :)

All I can say is SUPERB!! :smitten:  Introducing Joel into the story as Cody's partner to tend to the small animals, and people's pets was a great idea.  Betty, and Joel......I love it!

Thanks hanna.

pj

Ditto on that Hanna... that was amazing.  You said previously, "I cannot write fiction"... really??? ::) ::)  You are unbelievable in what you have written, and its just evolving that is incredible! :yippee: :yippee:  Yeah, its easy to become unsure and intimated with this... I've been at this point all day after reading what you both wrote last night!...  I have my laptop... oh... its great.. ten fingers typing, not just the index.  Hopefully my typos are gone! :laugh: :laugh:

Oh... we girls have to stay together on this eventual wedding; together!!  ;)  So, here I go.. hope I write something that will add to this wonderful story...Hugs to you and PJ

Right now I'm a little ticked off... Just finished my story, actually it went pretty well, did "spell check" my evil demon... with this new comptr and s/ware, gave me a stupid message... Poof the whole  thing disappeared!...  Yes, I probably should go just and type on the IPad, but not tonight!  Pretty ticked off! >:( >:(  Oh well, that's life.. I'll catch up tomorrow sometime... Technology.. Great, but I remember life without all of it.....life was simple!

Sorry you lost the writing pattylu. That can be awful. Hope that the computer behaves soon!  Looking forward to what you are going to write.

Right now I'm a little ticked off... Just finished my story, actually it went pretty well, did "spell check" my evil demon... with this new comptr and s/ware, gave me a stupid message... Poof the whole  thing disappeared!...  Yes, I probably should go just and type on the IPad, but not tonight!  Pretty ticked off! >:( >:(  Oh well, that's life.. I'll catch up tomorrow sometime... Technology.. Great, but I remember life without all of it.....life was simple!

Hi Patty, :)

Sorry to hear that; it can really be frustrating.

When I wrote my success story it was late at night, and I was getting real tired.  After, what seemed like forever, I finally finished writing it.  Instead of clicking on the save option, I mistakenly hit delete; all that time, and effort that I put into it was gone in a millisecond.

The strange thing is, is that I just laughed about it, something that never would have happened when I was on Ativan.  But, it seems that since the benzos are long gone from my life, I just don't get irritated anymore.

My high-strung, always in a hurry, type A personality has disappeared, replaced by a relaxed, laid-back.... stop and 'smell the roses' kind of attitude.  I don't know how or why it happened, but I am  sure happy that it did.

Looking forward to reading your next contribution to the story. :)

pj

Needed the digression from the story right now. Thanks for saying that pj, about feeling better. I think I have had inklings of getting that laid back feeling.  I have had a couple of rough days - going through some symptoms of fatigue and head aches and wondering if it will ever end or if this is it. I know; lots of people feel that and they get through it. I expect it, the bad stuff, will go away. But I did find when I was feeling well that I was better than I had been any time on the benzos - almost any time. I don't know why. It could be that I was on them for so long that this wellbeing was gone because of them. I think so. Is that the way you feel about having been on them? I think they give more anxiety than they take away.

Know the feeling about losing stuff on the computer. I am a fanatic about backing things up, but the one thing I have messed up is logging in and not checking the time, then being logged out with me stuff gone. I am more likely to get things lost on my computer. I will make multiple copies of things and can't figure out which copy has what stuff in it. I can save but can't organize!!

Pattylu, sure hope that the computer starts behaving for you, soon.

Hank was walking towards the horse stalls, noticed Billy leaning against a post in deep thought.  Hey Billy, you doing ok?  Billy, pulled from his thoughts, looked towards the voice, "Hey Hank, how are you, getting all ready to shut down for the day?"  Just finished up boss.  Hank seeing the drawn look in Billy's face, with dark brown circles under his eyes, said, "Billy, you in a hurry or do you have a bit of time." "No Hank, no hurry at all, why something you need to discuss about the ranch?"  "No Billy, just something personal." "Hey, you want a java or something stronger Billy." "You know Hank, a good cold beer sounds mighty fine right now.  Need to let my hair down a bit."

Hank could really see all this nonsense with Missi was really taking a toll on Billy, and as a friend, he felt it was time Billy needed someone to open up to.  After small talk, Hank said, "You know, we have history together Billy, as friends first, then me as your foreman.  I feel we have always had a deep respect for each other, as we have shown that by how we have treated each other all these years."  "Yes, Hank, I agree with you completely."  "Billy, I am really concerned about you, and as your friend, I think we need to have a guy to guy talk."  "Are you ok with that Billy, I don't want to be crossing any lines."  "You know Hank I am, actually I am kinda relieved.  I need to talk this out with someone who knows me and that I trust; I truly appreciate it."

Billy opened up with Hank with everything, that was occurring with Missi, Hank was completely floored.  Billy told Hank he called his attorney today, with all that was taking place, to discuss a prenup agreement, and he was going to speak with Missi tonight about that.  What worried Hank, was what Billy just said, "what, yer telling me she pulled a knife on you last night in a fit of rage?"  Hank just ran his fingers through his hair with his head bent.  "Listen Billy, if this is all happening now, what do you think will occur if you go through with this marriage?"  "Billy, you better think long and hard about this, make a proper decision for yourself and only yourself".  Billy looked at his dear friend, said "Hank what do you think about all this."  Hank said, "Billy yer barking up the wrong tree with this one, end it, end it now."

Cody and Vicky were out the door at five a.m... Cody needed to be at a ranch early for certification of cattle, since that was on the way to Billy's, Vicky wanted to see Angelia, she'd dropped Cody off, on to see Angelia and would head back to pickup Cody...  They sang a favorite country song in route together, kissed, I'll be back to pick you up Cody.

Hank woke early as usual, up at four a.m., to get out and about before the ranch hands.. Billy was on his mind all night long, "sure hope things get better for him, I'm really worried."  Heading to the stalls, he hears a car coming slow on the gravel lane, heading to the stalls... "Hey Annie, what brings you out here so early?" "Hi Hank, didn't sleep well last night, the peace I find is here, with the horses and ranch hands, everyone is just so nice."  "Hank, would it be ok if I rode "Spirit", would just like to get out for a ride, its been awhile.. just to have that freedom."  "Oh, Annie, sure you just do that, hey let me help you saddle her."  "You know Annie, I haven't had much time to chat with you, just let me tell you, all on this ranch have the highest regard of respect for you.  You just have a way with these horses, like one of the horse trainers said, "she is like Ms. Horse Whisper."  Annie, you just fit in, yor alright, I'm surly glad yor hear...  Annie headed off... oh.. the air, the snow, the sun is coming up in a slit over the range... the freedom I finally have, though my heart still breaks.

After a horrible night with Missi about the prenup... he finally went to bed.  He just tossed and turned, a horrible night of sleep, he woke at 4:30 a.m.  "I have to get out of here, I feel like I am suffocating from all this...  Billy headed to the stables, he needed to ride to clear his head.

Off and running at full spead with Magic, his favorite... he finally slows after miles, give Magic a  break, I ran him hard, a drink at the creek... he sees another horse, but he hears a woman crying...  The sun's rays were folding onto the landscape, through the trees, he sees a silhouette of a woman on her knees... "Excuse me miss, are you ok..."  "Annie didn't hear anyone, folded down with her heart aching in her hands."  "Oh, Mr. Rutledge... Hank said it was ok for me to take "Spirit" for a ride, I came in really early."  "Annie, please call me Billy, and don't worry, I've heard lots of good about you with the horses, you can ride any of them any time."  "Annie, are you ok, I heard you crying, and why, why are you here so early?"  "Mr. Rutledge; Annie call me Billy; ok, Billy, haven't been sleeping well, just lots of heartache about life."  For the first time in Billy's life... he could really connect with how Annie felt.  Billy knew. Annie was living at "My Sister's Place", so he knew she has been on rough times. 

Billy and Annie sat at the creek's edge, the conversation was easy and it flowed.  Billy opened up with what he was going through.  "Billy, I don't mean to be forward, we don't know each other, though you must know why I am living at "My Sister's Place".. my husband was very abusive, this went on for a few years, I was pregnant, he beat me so bad I lost the baby... that's why I was crying.  Annie knowing, by what she heard of what was taking place with Billy and Missi, the small talk that got around... Billy opened up, felt he found some one the truly understood...  "Billy, please, please listen to me, no one is worth this, no matter where they come from, what they have, as what they have to offer is "NOTHING", they will ruin your life.  Billy knew Annie did understand, Billy knew then the decision he had to make.  "Hank was right on this."

The two, Billy and Annie rode back together, the birds were in full flight, the snow glissened, the sun shone... all was beautiful.  Billy knew Annie was a wonderful woman who had been through so much, what a wonderful lady with heart she has, a new wonderful friend.

They were just passing the house to head to the stables.. when Billy heard, you bastard, see, this is exactly what I was saying, steppin out with another woman.. oh now its a piece of scum from that half way house Vicky opened... Annie, she tried to explain.. Billy became enraged, he jumped off  Magic, said "damn you Missi, I have never manhandled a woman, he threw her over his over his shoulder, she  was kicking and screaming, brought her to the house.. 

Hank hearing all this, came running, he saw Annie sobbing, holding the reins of Magic and racing to the stables...  Hank got of hold of both horses, helped Annie down... "what the hell is going on?"  Suddenly, they both hear gunshots...  Annie, go get the ranch hands... Hank ran, flew to the house, he hit that door like a bull.. then another shot.  Billy is lying on the floor, bleeding from his abdomen... Missi is hysterical... I didn't shoot him, I shot two shots towards the ceiling to scare him, the door hit my back and the gun went off... 

Billy, listen to me, you need to keep your eyes open, don't close them, help is on the way, you will be ok.  Billy, stay with me... talk to me Billy, keep with me.  Hank was frantic... The ranch hands had Missi, the Sheriff arrived, as well as the paramedics...  Billy was in and out, off to South General Hospital.

Hank found Annie, she was sobbing... "Oh, Hank, what have I done?"  Annie, "you haven't done anything, that lady is crazy".  He just held Annie in his arms and held her.  Annie, I need to make a few calls.. he tried Cody and Vicky's phone, the recorder, then Betty... He told Betty of all... I'll call Cody and Vicky on their cell phones, I have their numbers, then I'll be at the hospital.  Betty reached Vicky just as she arrived at Billy's ranch... Vicky burst into tears... I'm going to get Cody, we'll meet you at the hospital.

In route, Billy was in and out... one moment he saw the ranch, the next Missi, the rage, the knife, the gun, then Vicky... Vicky.. why didn't I go the right route... Then he thought he heard his mother... Billy, Billy, you'll be ok... Billy, you know I love you...  My mom... she's been gone along time... Vicky... in and out.

The doctors finally came out, they told Hank, Annie, Betty, Cody and Vicky... Billy lost a lot of blood, but he will be fine, he came through the surgery just fine....

Good one, Pattylu.

I am going to have to beg off writing for a while, to deal with symptoms. Will keep reading.

Patty, your new computer likes you a lot....WONDERFUL, simply wonderful...great job! :smitten: 

It was November.  Winter had arrived some time ago, and was as unwelcome by the ranchers as a house guest was, who came for a three day visit, and stayed for three weeks. 

Billy was out of the hospital, and back at his ranch recuperating from the gunshot wound inflicted upon him by a jealous Missi, who became enraged when she saw him talking to Annie, a woman she perceived as white trash, not fit to be associating with him.

Missi, because of her dad's wealth, and powerful friends, was not charged in the shooting of Billy.

"Billy, I have something for you", Annie said to him.  "For me? " Now what could that be?"  She handed him a large card that said:  "To Billy...Get Well Soon".  He opened it, and saw that it was from the kids at the shelter. 

There were pictures of little houses with black smoke rising from the chimneys, pictures of different colored horses, even a pink one.  There were hearts, funny flowers, trees, a snowman, the sun, with it's sunny smile, and many I love you's, all drawn in the endearing, tug at your heart, way that only a child can do.  Annie noticed tears welling up in Billy's kind, understanding eyes.

"What a wonderful man" ...Annie thought to herself.  "On the outside he is harder than a piece of rusty iron, and yet on the inside, he has a heart that is softer than the touch of a newborn baby. "  "That's the way dad was." 

Joel, Cody's partner in his animal clinic, was at Betty's cafe, enjoying a cup of hot coffee, and her delightful company.  " Betty, we have to stop meeting like this, what will people say"....he laughed, loudly, anxiously awaiting her response.  Betty loved his sense of humor, and his laid-back style.  " I don't give a rats ass in hell what no one thinks!"  "If they don't like it, they can kiss my you know what." 

"Hey, Joel."  Betty, said to him.  "Lets go and see Skyy Montana tomorrow."  "I haven't seen hide nor hair of her since she defeated that horse's ass, Willard Boggs for Sheriff of Sagebrush County."  "It's a date, Betty."  "I haven't been up that way in a long time." 

Good one, Pattylu.

I am going to have to beg off writing for a while, to deal with symptoms. Will keep reading.

Hanna..  I'm sorry you are having a time with these symptoms.. My hubby is also having a time too.  Yes, you need right now to take care of yourself, just read.  Just low key for now.  We'll miss your additions big time, I'll just try to keep up with "PJ".. so you and others can enjoy.  Know my thoughts are with you..  Things will settle and get better.. I went through this years ago, so I truly understand first hand...  Hugs to you dear Hanna.. My prayers are with you! :smitten:

Thanks PJ... yours was great as always.. Sorry Hanna's not feeling well.  :smitten: to Hanna & You!

Betty and Joel enjoyed their ride together, huffing up to see Skyy, Betty was beside herself, as she hadn't seen Skyy in some time..  Skyy heard the door open... I'll be right there, just take a seat..  Low and behold Skyy hollered.. "Hey Miss Betty.. what a sight for sore eyes.. hugged Betty with a thousand hugs." Betty, "I have missed you with all my heart."  "Look at you girl, in that fancy sheriff outfit, with that golden badge.  Well, missy, you did it, you knew you would get this."  Skky, "I want you to me someone special to me, Betty said."  Well, Joel, glad to meet you.  Skyy thought, Betty, I already knew about this, word has gotten around... she just chuckled to herself.. oh, the matchmaker herself that Betty... the karma came back for her good, and Betty does deserve it!

Betty and Joel were in route home, enjoying each other, the sights, smells and views... Joel said, "hey why don't we stop at the next stop and get some leg room, to keep these legs going."  Joel, you are one kick in the ass and a half, yep, lets do that...  As they were getting to exit, they see a van with flashers on, car trouble...  Low and behold Joel, that's Sarah, Sarah Hopkins... 

Betty jumps out... "Sarah, what's up girl, yu ok?"  Oh Betty, as she hugged her, its so good to see you, its been a time...  Oh, just having car problems, one thing after another.  So sweetie, how are you doing?  Well, Betty, I've had better days... out of work now, lost my job, they had to downsize, business down.  Sweetie, where are you off too?  Well, I was going to scout around with the differant Vets to see what's avaiable.  Sarah, did you know Cody is looking for another Vet for his clinic, most for horses, he is just overboard with business... No, I didn't...  Hey, here is Cody's cell and business number, you give him a call.  Hey Sarah, Joel states... your car is fine now.  Joel, Sarah is a vet also, just told her Cody is looking for another like him.  Sarah... heard about you, you give Cody a call, I'm sure he'll be welcoming too that, poor guy is running ragged.

Hank saw the wonder in Annie, with her talent and abilities with the horses, he was amazed.  Though, he kept thinking, I sure wish I could ask Annie out for dinner.  I know she is married still, just don't want to tread on a territory to make her uncomfortable.  Well Hank thought, "just need to let this go for now."  She sure is one fine gal, if I were ever to marry, this lady would be the one... Oh well...

I hope you feel better, hanna. :)  Patty, I liked the way you brought Sarah back :) 

Sarah was impressed when she walked into the Weaver Animal Clinic.  "It's so clean, and orderly, and everyone looks so kind, " she said to herself.  Her eyes were drawn to a large, beautifully framed  painting of Kricket, with Vicky sitting astride her...holding her National Barrel Racing Championship trophy.

She walked over to the receptionist's desk where she was greeted by a middle-aged woman with graying hair, who was wearing a blue, and yellow western style shirt with red roses imprinted on it. " How may I help you?"  she asked Sarah. "Good morning, my name is Sarah Hopkins....I have a nine-thirty appointment to see Doctor Cody Weaver."

"Good morning, i'm Nancy Hunter," she answerd back, a warm friendly smile on her happy looking face.  "Would you like a cup of coffee, Doctor Hopkins? " "Thank you Nancy, I would love a cup." You can call me Sarah, she smiled at Nancy, who walked over to the cofffee bar.

"you want anything in it, Sarah?" " No, just black, thanks." "Here you go, nice, and hot." "Doc Weaver will be here in a minute or two."  "Doctor Weaver....please come to the receptionist's desk," came Nancy's pleasant voice over the intercom. 

Sarah wasn't nervous about seeing Cody.  He had a way of making people feel comfortable, and at ease. 

"Hi ya, Sarah!..It is so nice to see you again," Cody said, shaking her outstretched hand. "It's good to see you, too, Cody" 

"We're really swamped around here, Sarah."  When can you start?" "I can start tomorrow," she answered, a sigh of relief in her voice. "You have to fill out a mountain of paper work."  "Nancy will help you get started"....good luck!.... Welcome aboard," Cody said to her, as he hurried off to attend to another sick horse.

"I can't marry you, Billy....it would be so unfair to you, Annie said to him."  "I am unable to have any more children because of the way my ex-husband abused me, and caused me to have a miscarriage." " I know how much you love kids, and how you long for a family to share your life with." " I am so sorry that I cannot give you the family that you deserve to have."

Billy stood up, and walked over to the large window over-looking the snow-covered hills, that bordered his ranch.  He motioned for Annie to join him.  "There are over three-thousand acres out there with over a thousand head of prime beef cattle, and a herd of forty-five of the finest Quarter Horses in the county."  "Without you to share all this with me, it doesn't mean a thing to me anymore."

"Annie, has it occurred to you that we can adopt children?"  "I didn't know if you were willing to do that, Billy," she said, her voice quivering.  "Kids are kids, Annie".  "All they want is to feel safe, be allowed to express their feelings, and to know that they are wanted, and that they are loved." 

"Let's hurry, and get married, Annie, so we can adopt those sweet little, unwanted kids, who need us, as much as we need them."  " Let's do it now, tonight." " We can have Vicky, and Cody be our witnesses."  "I'm going to call reverend Steele right now, and set it up."  Annies pretty head was spinning faster than a two dollar top. 

"Are you crazy, Billy, we can't just up and get married this soon," Annie laughed "Ya i'm crazy, Annie, crazy in love with you."       

Ah, you two, this is great. So happy for Annie and Bill. Can you imagine a ranch like that - oh, woops, I guess you just did  :D.

I have just had a night of 2 hours sleep a couple of nights ago with rushing tinnitus to remind me that I am still  in withdrawal. Seems to be settling now with a reasonable night last night. Reckon I should be back in the saddle soon.