Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Time for a laugh or two

[...]

PJ... Want to apologize, I messed up on the story :-X!!  My sister, her husband, their daughter and 11 month old grandson traveled by car from Washington state to SF Bay area.. 2.5 days.  My niece called just after reading your story, my sister was rushed to the hospital, she had a stroke.  Unfortunately, I am 2.5 hours away from where they are, although, thank goodness our other sister and her family live in that area, as well as cousins.  With my hubby Ron's wds, terrible still at 15 months, having no life in helping him get through this, no other family in our area and the "good" old friends all went south on us when this all occurred with Ron, my life stopped as well as Ron's.  My salvation has been the bbs, I came on this site, when I found out, like all about these lousy drugs - to get my hubby off them.  Its been a long journey like for so many.  So.. back to my message... When my niece called, my whole thought process shattered.  When I finally came back on to post my part of the story, I lost the venue... it was "who was Vicky going to the dance with".... I skipped that out completely!!!  Then, when she go home it was to get ready!  Pooh, what a big mistake I made.  Don't know if I have the energy tonight to post the next part... I am so tired.  Well, we are going to eat dinner... maybe I will catch a second wind.  I'm so sorry!  Oh... though look what you wrote... you are soooooooooooooo gifted!!  Hugs, Patty

Patty, don't be so serious.  :) The title of this thread is; time for a laugh or two.  The chicken was a brilliant addition to the story, good job!

Please don't feel bad.  I want this to be a fun experience for you......where we can laugh at ourselves...... because we are not ready to be candidates for a Pulitzer Prize in Literature just yet :laugh: ......maybe someday. :laugh: :laugh:  I am thrilled that you joined with me in writing this 'for fun' story :smitten:

You have a great day.....I will add to the story later :)

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [pa...]

• [...]

• [ha...]

• [...]

Top Posters In This Topic

:D :D I just caught the chicken part of this thread  :D :D

Seems to be a theme. Symbolism anyone? So what is symbolic about a chicken. Beats me.

PJ; you have a way with putting things in perspective - concerning fun and serious. So good to remember. Thanks.

Hi PJ and Pattylu,

Just wanted to introduce meself as another avid 'reader'. Enjoying immensely!

Hi wishful1 :)

"Betty, what should I do?," Vicky asked her. " I just cannot handle all these offers that have been pouring in since Kricket, and I broke the old barrel racing record." " My nerves are all twisted up in a knot...I think I need a shot of Jack Daniels in my coffee to loosen them up." 

"Are you crazy!", Betty shouted at Vicky. "I used to drink that stuff, mornin', noon, and night."  "Why do you suppose I look the way that I do?"  "It all started after my second  divorce from a no good louse of a cowboy named Arnold."  "He was a real smooth talkin',  S O B, who needed a mother...not a wife."

"I haven't touched the stuff for over eight years....It'll be a cold day in hell before I ever do again!"

"Sorry sweetie, didn't mean to come down so hard on you," Betty remarked, with a tone of remorse in her voice.  "That's ok, Betty," Vicky said to her before once again asking her for advice concerning her new found fame with Kricket.

"Well, hun", Betty continued. " You love barrel racing."  "Why don't you and Kricket hit the road and start competing in every big rodeo around the country for a season."  "You won't have time to be moonin' over Billy....and you could make enough dough for you, and Cody to start a Veterinarian Clinic for horses.

"You could spend a lifetime in the country surrounded by the things you love."  "You would have your horses."  "You would have your peace, and serenty." "You would have a world filled with sunshine, wildflowers, horses, and kids." " You can have everything that most girls dream about.....but who know in their hearts....that it is just a dream, and always will be just a dream."

Vicky had never heard Betty talk this way before......She knew that these were once Betty's dreams too.

:D :D I just caught the chicken part of this thread  :D :D

Seems to be a theme. Symbolism anyone? So what is symbolic about a chicken. Beats me.

PJ; you have a way with putting things in perspective - concerning fun and serious. So good to remember. Thanks.

;D ;D. Hanna had a good laugh on the above!  Guess all those chicken stories you and PJ did stuck in my subconscious mind and just spilled out!!  Lol

PJ.. Yes you are right, have fun and don't be so serious!! :thumbsup:

Hi wishful1... Glad you're here with us...

Hi Wishful1, Nice to know that you are enjoying the story, too.

Thanks Bettylu and PJ.  I wonder what Vicky will decide to do next. 

So when we all get through benzo withdrawal, I wonder if we will all subconsciously be thinking about chickens........Hope not :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

Betty's heart spoke to Vicky in words beyond  just words, they came from the depth of her soul, her desires, her wishes, though those never came about..  Vicky thought of everything Betty told her... what that came down to was, you cannot put an old head on young shoulders., though think of it.  Vicky thought, yes Betty is trying to teach me, listen, not be afraid, not run, just take the reins in life when have have them and run and go forward with them.

Vicky was contacted by Cowgirl magazine, they wanted to do a photo session for the cover. The date was set.. at Billy's ranch.  All the fuss and muss, right attire, makeup just right, hair just correct... Vicky went to Kricket's stall... Oh Kricket, you are just alright, you don't have to go through any of this nonsense to be ready, you're just born with it.... Oh well  Kricket, I'm doing it for us both... you the wild lightening winner and me as your rider and buddy.  Heck, like Betty shared... go for the wind in life.  So Kricket, we together are just going to do that.  No fear... just go forward.

Vicky thought, "heck, that photo shoot was no big deal, actually  kinda of fun.."Vicky thought "grandma, can you imagine me doing this?"  "" I guess you are laughing at this whole thing, and saying "girl don't be so , "serious", lighten up, enjoy life, you  know have a chance to go forward with dreams"..  As she walked from the stables, four butterflies danced in the air together around Vicky, though, just far enough away.  Oh, grandma... another sign.  Grandma, I won't be afraid, I will go forward with Kricket with Rodeos... I now know that is meant to be and I am fine with it.

Billy watching from a distance... he was mesmerized by this girl, this filly, this woman Vicky.. She reined me in the first I saw her.  She is the dream of my dreams.. strong, determined, beautiful...  I know she needs to spread her wings for herself, go with the competition with the Rodeos.. I just need to let her go, fly with the wind with this... and hope she comes back to me with her heart, as my heart will be with her.   

The itinerary of the venues with the  Rodeos came forward for Vicky and Kricket; the first, the most challenging, Calgary, Canada rodeo. Vicky was excited beyond belief.  Although, Vicky's main concern was the transportation.  Her old beat up truck just would not do it.  Well, I have a few weeks to get this together, maybe some of the royalties will come through from the photoshoot .

Days rolled into days, the dollars never came through.  The worry about the old truck and trailer became a big worry.  Two days before she was to leave, Cody told her, "hey, stop fretting so much about this, everything will work out."  "By the way, we have planned a send off dinner for you and the best who love you in this town tomorrow night will be there.  I'll be by to get you about 7pm.  Cody, dressed to the hilt in his finest, showed up at Vicky's at 6:30...  Vicky looked beautiful and took Cody's breath away. 

They arrived together at the banquet room at Betty's Cafe.. with cheers and roars from the town people, to celebrate their Vicky on her new venture.  After the hugs, the wonderful banquet of food Betty created for all, the accolades about and for Vicky... they had one more surprise for her...  Towing her blindfolded in hand and guiding her outside...  her suprise from all of them... a spanking "almost" new Ford F150 pickup and a beautiful "almost" new trailer for Kricket..  Vicky was beside herself with joy and tears...  Oh she cried, how could she leave the town and people she loved.

Vicky woke... well its time to go get Kricket and hit the road.  As she drove to the ranch to Billy's, her eyes drank in all the sights, smells and sounds of the countryside.  "Oh... when will I be back to have this again?"  Billy was waiting for her... his heart full and yearning... just knew, this was her time and he had to let all go.  Billy, I need to spend sometime with Angelia.  Vicky walked to the pasture, Angelia ran to her and whinnied... Vicky just hugged and held her.. told her, I love you Angelia, you were my first.. I will be back soon... I know you are happy here.. I love you.  As she walked away, Angelia gave this soulful whinnie to her and it brought tears to Vicky's eyes. 

Billy awaited, had Kricket ready in the trailer.. He saw tears in Vicky's eyes. "Vicky are you all right"?  Oh Billy, its so hard to leave all you know and love, I just have a heavy heart, even though its excited about ahead.  Billy wrapped his arms around her as a dear friend, but the passion in him began to rise and Vicky felt the heat within herself.  Billy kissed her forehead, her cheek and said... "Vicky, you go forward with this dream, fly with it, its yours, but come back, I'll be waiting"!  With the dizziness of this all, she hopped into the truck, bid him farewell and left.  This shook her to her core...

She drank in the countryside, the birds, the beauty as she drove back into town...  Her eyes were with tears with what she saw...  The main street was lined with all the folks from town, with banners "Good Luck Vicky, our hearts are with you", balloons...  cheers... and all singing "Happy Trails to You, Until We Meet Again."  Vicky just smiled through tears rolling down her cheeks.. At the end of the crowd... Cody was there.. She stopped the truck, and he just grabbed and held her.  Vicky, I want and wish the best for you, just always know I'm here for you.  You ever need me during this venture, you know you only have to call and I will get to where you are at.  The love from Cody, the care, then the passion... Cody couldn't resist any longer, his lips went from her cheek to her lips.... the flames that ignited were beyond belief that Vicky could not fathom... 

Cody... its time for me to go... thank you for always being my best friend... like the best brother any girl could have...

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:    I thought it was going to be Cody, right till that last sentence. Oh, poor Cody.    :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

:)              :)            :)                                  And Vicky; so brave.                                                                :)                :)            :)

Wow!! Patty....fantastic, absolutely fantastic!.    I'm going to have to kick it up a notch to stay with you ;D

Again.....what a fantastic piece of writing, Patty :)

I am mesmorized!

pj

The hours turned into days.  The days turned into weeks.  The weeks turned into months. 

Vicky, and Kricket won every race, along with the hearts of the adoring fans wherever they competed.  Little girls...looking so cute, dressed in their cowgirl hats, and cowgirl boots....lined up to meet Vicky, and Kricket to get their copies of Cowgirl magazine signed by their hero, and role model.

" Hi sweet pea, how is my little buckeroo today?." ...Vicky asked a little girl who was beaming from ear to ear...wearing a smile bigger than a Texas sunrise, and a hat two sizes too big for her. " I love you, and Kricket."  "Will you please sign my magazine?, she shyly asked Vicky. "

" I'd love to little darlin, whats' your name" Vicky asked her... giving her a kiss on her freckled cheek, and a great big hug.  "My name is Veronica, and my pony's name is Kricket," she excitedly told Vicky

" Look, mother! " " Vicky signed my magazine," the happy little girl shouted for all to hear.  "Vicky smiled, and continued signing copies of Cowgirl magazine.....which was in it's third printing.

"Hi ya' Cody," Betty said, giving him the biggest smile that she could muster when she saw him enter her cafe.  "You look like somethin' that the cat dragged  home....rough night, honey?  "Ya I had to do a red bag delivery at Patty Morgan's Moon Shadow ranch."  "Her mare,  Shiloh had a tough time of it, but mother, and baby are fine."

"Can you hurry with that coffee?"  Cody asked, Betty...."and bring me your  number three special breakfast."

"Betty, have you heard from Vicky?," Cody asked her.  "She phoned me yesterday, and told me that her tour ends next week."  "She will be home to stay on Saturday." "You gotta' quit thinkin' about her." " She loves Billy." " Get over it, doc! "

"And i'm gonna' see that you do." " There's a pretty little gal that stops in here about once a week."  "Her name is Sarah Hopkins."  "She moved here from South Dakota not very long ago. "  "You ain't gonna' believe this, Cody.....she's a Vet!"    "She's got beauty, and brains, and she loves kids, and horses."

"I'm goin' to arrange for you to meet her here tomorrow at eleven."  "Don't be  late."  "She will be sitting at the table with the red rose, and the white tablecloth." 

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:    I thought it was going to be Cody, right till that last sentence. Oh, poor Cody.    :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

:)              :)            :)                                  And Vicky; so brave.                                                                :)                :)            :)

Gotcha...huh?    :laugh: :laugh:.. 

Wow!! Patty....fantastic, absolutely fantastic!.    I'm going to have to kick it up a notch to stay with you ;D

Again.....what a fantastic piece of writing, Patty :)

I am mesmorized!

pj

Thanks PJ!  Have to go back and correct typos!  Darn spell check!  Yours are the very best!

PS.... OMG... Just read yours!  Wonderful!!  Wow... .... Ugh... I have some big time work cut out for me.. :-X

Patty

PJ, firstly I want to say what an honor it is to be sharing this wonderful adventure in a story with you! :smitten:  I read and saw so many times how you wrote.. such passion with depth it amazed me.  Then I found this thread and read about the "Chicken stories" between you and Hanna, I just howled.  Then... you began the foundation of this wonderful journey.. I knew in reading when you first wrote the beginning of Vicky, again the talent and creativity in your writing; it was amazing.  When you invited all of us to join, I was honored, truly... though, I didn't know if I could keep up.  I know I have the ability, mostly through reading tons of novels.. thought, I thought hey, let your hair fly and try it.  I want to thank you for this opportunity.  Its been a challenge, but so welcomed!  You want a laugh!! LOL.  I'm a city girl, SF.. Though, my hubby was raised in Central Oregon, Prineville, Oregon; bigtime rodeo there.  First time he brought me there, my first and ONLY rodeo!

This "city slicker" as he called me with jest, I felt so bad for the poor calves seeing them roped and tied down... I just saw their beautiful brown eyes... Told my guy... hey this isn't for me!  So I know nothing about rodeos... and look at what story I am involved in.. HELLO??? lol  Well.. here we go, I hope I can add something special to this. Oh, one more thing.. you are teaching me and I hope I can learn and grasp it; the ability to bring characters in conversation in the story together.. Many thanks.  So, here we go, I hope I bring justice to this....  Thanks, Patty  :thumbsup:

Tired and worn out, Cody arrived home at 4am in the morning, another red bag delivery.  Cody thought, "I'm so tired and worn out", and dear Betty, the matchmaker of all times... I have to meet this Sarah at 11am??"  If I don't show, Miss Matchmaker will give me hell... 

Cody the gentlemen and one with respect shows up at 10:55 at Betty's Cafe.  Of course, Betty grinned ear to ear when she saw him, tilted her head to the table with the white tablecloth and red rose; Sarah hadn't arrived just yet.  Betty, smug as hell sauntered over, smiling, "hey you want some jo"?  Yea Betty, that will do.  Cody sat remembering what Betty said, "Vicky is returning next week... "You have to stop thinkin about her", "She loves Billy," Get over it"!  Cody couldn't, he didn't want to, he remembered what occurred, what he felt, what he knew Vicky felt... he just could not forget.

Betty beamed when the door opened and she saw Sarah.  Oh Betty thought "now this is the girl for Cody"!  This beautiful girl, with dark Chestnut long hair, those longing huge brown eyes and a smile that would kill any guy... Hey, Betty thought "there is no way I'm wrong on this one for this guy"..

Vicky settled in a down comforter bed that night... "Oh, I am so tired... I just want to get home".  "This has been one adventure, but... Kricket and I have had enough of this spotlight".  I'm not saying I haven't enjoyed it, I have.  Its been adventurous, fun... but wearing.  I can see it in Kricket's eyes, though she just keeps her spirit high and up.. But we are pooped!  Its time to go home.  "One more rodeo, Pocatello, Idaho... then we are done.

Vicky fell asleep fast, though her mind had dreams and dreams...... Traveling, Wyoming, Kricket, Angelia, Betty with her wisdom, Billy and his ranch, then Cody, her best friend, but the Cody the day leaving from town. the flame.. Then her dream changed to her dad... This startled her and she awoke and cried.  "Oh, I have always loved dad, but why, why was he not part of the celebration...like all in the town did with what I accomplished.  I know his life has been hard, with losing mom when I was born, having to raise me on his own and the responsibility of the ranch.  Why, why could he just not be there.  Vicky just cried about it... Oh well, grandma was always there, she was always my strength to help me get through all.  Vicky remembered her grandmother, seeing her  shaking her head about her son, she did not raise him this way...  Oh dad, I love you... but why...

Hi Pattylu,

SF? That is wonderful! And to do the rodeo book, complete with cowgirls. You know more about rodeos than I do about chickens.

I am glad that you are enjoying the writing. I think you and pj have a number of readers, including me.

Patty, before you know it, you will be asking your husband for a Quarter Horse :laugh:

Vicky's dad, George Longstreet, was a tough, no holds barred , mad at the world kind of guy.  But he was honest...his word was his bond.  People respected him for that.  He was not always so hard.  The loss of his beautiful wife, and partner Jolene, having died giving birth to Vicky, was something he could never come to grips with. 

Vicky always felt that he blamed her for the death of her mother.

"Maybe someday I can give dad a Grandson who will be able to soften his hardened  exterior, and let the real George Longstreet emerge from that prison of bitterness he has locked himself into," Vicky thought as she drifted off to sleep.

Cody sat down at the table that Betty, being the dear woman that she was, had so lovingly tried to arrange to look like he and Sarah were dining at one of those trendy uptown restaurants that he was always so uncomfotabe, and felt out of place being in.  Betty knew that he would feel at ease meeting Sarah in a dive like hers.

"Hi Cody." "I am so pleased to meet you, my name is Sarah Hopkins." A strikingly beautiful girl with a kind face, and a sweet smile, highlighted by eyes,  that sparkled like far-away stars in the nighttime sky, greeted him, extending her hand to meet his.  She had a voice that could change  molasses into honey.

Betty emerged from the kitchen with a smile on her face that was wider than the state of Wyoming.  She was pleased, and so happy when she saw the way in which Cody, and Sarah were interacting with one another.

" Soups on," Betty hollered.  "Cody, git' those elbows off the table.  Yer, not eatin' at Mickey D's! 

Sarah whispered to Cody; "I love that woman!"......."Me too," he whispered back.     

PJ... :laugh: :laugh: a Quarter Horse!  Riding the nine major hills of SF, down the "crookest street" "Lombard Street" in the world....  :laugh: The paddy wagon would be at the bottom of that street to pick up Patty!! :laugh: :laugh:

Sarah and Cody's lunch went quite fine.. they chatted easily, they spoke of their love of vet care and what it meant to them; their love of these wonderul beautiful animals... "Cody, asked about her life in South Dakota, her family, her life there".  Cody just saw the light in Sarah's eyes, her longing and memory of her life there."  "Sarah, do you miss all that?"  "Yes, Cody I do, though I knew I needed to come out here, I was offered this position, a lifetime opportunity".  "Just, its difficult, really hard being away from my family, my familiar territory".  You know Cody, "the first I felt like I was home again, is when I came into Betty's Cafe and met Betty".  "This was like coming home again".  So, these two, they just kept chatting and kept getting to know each other.  Two hours passed... Betty, mother matchmaker was thrilled...  Betty thought "holy moses, I knew I was right"... now I know my Cody will be just fine... this is the filly for him".  'Oh, the babies they will make"...

5 am... the alarm went off... Vicky said... oh already!  Up she got, showered and headed down for breakfast.  Well, another day.. off to Pocatello.. and that's it for this season.  The yearning to go home became fullfold..  The two where headed to Pocatello, probably seven hours, then reprieve again from all of it.  Vicky stopped along the way, to give Kricket a break, to  get her out of that trailer,  Montana is beautiful, the grandeour of it... oh, Wyoming we are coming... not soon enough, but soon.

Billy was in town, thought he stop by Betty's Cafe for lunch.  "Hi Betty, how are things going?"  "Hey, have you heard from Vicky?"  Yep... she calls me alot, "has she called you"?  "Nope, I haven't heard from her once."  Betty wheels began turning... "maybe I have misunderstood this... maybe Vicky is not in love as I thought with Mr. Slick Billy"... "Oh, why am I meddling in peoples business?"  "I guess its just I want them happy, the happiness I didn't catch and let go"... "Oh... now... I have hooked up Cody with Sarah?"  "Dear God... I always knew Cody and Vicky should be one.."  Oops...!

(Sorry this is short... the IP was down... its almost 11pm here and I'm tired.  Oh by the way PJ, woke up at after 3am this am... my dreams about this story..  LOL

Hi Pattylu,

SF? That is wonderful! And to do the rodeo book, complete with cowgirls. You know more about rodeos than I do about chickens.

I am glad that you are enjoying the writing. I think you and pj have a number of readers, including me.

Hi Hanna... Yep me in SF, second generation, though this city, as all have changed big time!  Nope, I know nothing more about rodeos then you do about chickens.... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  Yes, I am truly am helping in my own way in writing this.  You know, what I have discovered with this, what a great break from this whole wd thing and the challenge of it all.  This is truly a big positive for anyone from all of it..  PJ has provided a great opportunity for any of the bbs to have an escape, and for all to join in in writing or just reading... a true reprieve...  You are the best!  What inspired me... were your Chicken Stories together.. I printed all them off and read them just about every few days and just howl! :thumbsup::smitten:

Hi Pattylu,

Hi Hanna... Yep me in SF, second generation, though this city, as all have changed big time!  Nope, I know nothing more about rodeos then you do about chickens.... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  Yes, I am truly am helping in my own way in writing this.  You know, what I have discovered with this, what a great break from this whole wd thing and the challenge of it all.  This is truly a big positive for anyone from all of it..  PJ has provided a great opportunity for any of the bbs to have an escape, and for all to join in in writing or just reading... a true reprieve...  You are the best!  What inspired me... were your Chicken Stories together.. I printed all them off and read them just about every few days and just howl! :thumbsup::smitten:

Hi Patty :)

I wanted this to be a story where anyone can join in, and forget about withdrawals for awhile , and just write whatever comes into their mind.  I think it really helps in the recovery process.

It is all in good fun, no one is judging.  People can add a sentence or a page, whatever they are comfortable with.

So, a horse wouldn't work for you in Frisco :laugh:       

"Doc, it's Hank Rafferty, foreman at Billy Rutledge's ranch."  "Angelia is real sick."  "Can you get here on the double?"  "What seems to be the trouble? Hank," Cody asked.  "She can hardly stand, doc."

"I can be there in under ten minutes," Cody assured him.  "I just left the Parrish spread."   

Cody took one look at Angelia, and knew that without immediate intervention, she would die. "Hank, are you aware of anything she may have eaten or was anyone around her who shouldn't have been? 

"Ya, Hank answered.  "I got Cledus Baker hog-tied in my pickup."  "I caught him sneakin out the side-door about a half hour ago." " Do you see that Bracken Fern on the floor next to Angelia?"  "You bet I do", answered Hank  "That plant, ingested over a period of time, can definetly kill a horse," cody remarked, as he ran to his truck to get what he needed to save  Angelia. 

"Ok girl, this won't hurt," Cody said to Angelia as he proceeded to give her an intravenous drip of Thiamine hydrochloride.  "She will be good as new in about three weeks, Hank".  "Cledus must have been feeding her the Bracken Fern for a couple of weeks, judging by the condition she's in, Cody said , as he made a call to Sheriff Bridges.

"Hank, do you recall when Hanna James' horse was found poisoned as the result of ingesting Bracken Fern? " "Ya, she's still heartbroken about what happened," remarked Hank.  "Do you think Cledus did it, doc," asked Hank.  "Yep, i'll stake my reputation on it."

"Matt, can you get over to Riverwind ranch right away? Cody asked him"  "That no good Cledus Baker poisoned Vicky Longstreet's little mare, Angelia."  "We've got him restrained, ready for you to haul is sorry rear end off to jail."  "I'll be there in about twenty minutes, doc" replied Sheriff Bridges. 

"I want to see Cledus locked up before Billy can get his hands on him," Cody mentioned to Hank. " What Billy will do to him wouldn't be very pretty to watch!"

"Hank, Vicky will be back on Saturday."  "It should put her mind at ease that, that scumbag Cledus will be locked up,  and probably for a very long time." "If Angelia doesn't perk up in a day or two, give me a call," Cody mentioned to Hank as he got into his truck to head back to his home.

hanna and patty, I think I have shown great  restraint in not introducing any chickens into the story.  I hope I can continue to keepthis story "chicken free" ;)

Pattylu and pj,

I admire your restraint of not including chickens or quarter horses in SF in the story. The story could verge from the plot.............HOWEVER, if you do, I am sure it will be fun!

Thanks for the story. The reading of it is fun. You two write really well.

Pattylu,

Glad that you are enjoying the chicken thread........

just shows what being in the midst of benzo w/d can do to a person.  :angel: :angel: :angel:  :D :D :D  ;D ;D ;D

hanna and patty, I think I have shown great  restraint in not introducing any chickens into the story.  I hope I can continue to keepthis story "chicken free" ;)

PJ  :laugh: :laugh:  Great restraint! We sure don't need chickens added to the story, we have too much going on with horses and men!!  :laugh:

P.S.  Nope, the horse would never work in "Frisco"!!  ;)

P.S. #2 -  Ohhhh, just ready your story....  Fantastic!  You must live in the country and own a horse.  You have too much knowledge about "Bracket Fern", "Thiamine hydrochloride"????  Maybe not just that, maybe you're a Vet???  ;) ;) .  Hope I can keep up after reading... omg.. do I have a chore tonight!!! ::) ::)::)

Pattylu and pj,

I admire your restraint of not including chickens or quarter horses in SF in the story. The story could verge from the plot.............HOWEVER, if you do, I am sure it will be fun!

Thanks for the story. The reading of it is fun. You two write really well.

Pattylu,

Glad that you are enjoying the chicken thread........

just shows what being in the midst of benzo w/d can do to a person.  :angel: :angel: :angel:  :D :D :D  ;D ;D ;D

Hanna...  :laugh: :laugh:  The chickens nor quarter horses would not survive in SF!  SF does not belong in this story of the beautiful countryside.... ;)

:'(  Not going to be able to write tonight, I'm feeling under the weather.  Think I've picked up some kind of a bug.  I'll be back though.  Sorry...  Patty