Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Time for a laugh or two

[...]

Patty  :)  we have to stop thinking alike, it's getting uncanny.  I was also thinking about how best to introduce the Weaver family.

You may recall, that in an earlier piece, I mentioned that Cody's two brothers are also vets, as is their dad.

Use your great imagination.  Good luck. :thumbsup:

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [pa...]

• [...]

• [ha...]

• [...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Patty  :)  we have to stop thinking alike, it's getting uncanny.  I was also thinking about how best to introduce the Weaver family.

You may recall, that in an earlier piece, I mentioned that Cody's two brothers are also vets, as is their dad.

Use your great imagination.  Good luck. :thumbsup:

HELP!  Yes, I remember you wrote Cody,s two brothers and dad were also vets.  Where do the live?  Can you help out on that?

patty, I can write the next page that will lead up to the wedding if you want me to, then you can write about the actual wedding. let me know.    I had them living in Yellow Medicine County :)

Vicky was getting stressed-out over her upcoming wedding to Cody, which was only two weeks away.  The little things she could handle, but when Walter, their Architect informed her that their new house would not be ready for occupancy for at least a month, she was beside herself. 

"Cody, what are we going to do?"  "It's too late to find another place for the wedding." " I wanted everything to be so perfect...now what do I do? " " Governor Blankenship is going to be there, along with the people from the Rodeo Association, and most of the girls from the barrel racing circuit."  "I just want to crawl in a big hole, and disappear."

"Stop your laughing, Cody......this is serious!  "If the house isn't ready, i'll just die. "The house, and barns ARE ready." " Walter was just pulling your leg...You know what a strange sense of humor he has....he's a genius, and a little nuts, but even so, he is the best damn Architect in the state.....wait until you see what he has made for us."  "My family is going to meet us there later this afternoon, so let's get going. "

Cody's dad is a Veterinarian, as are his two brothers, Tyler, and Donny.  They are both younger than Cody, and still live on the ranch in Yellow Medicine County with their parents...Rita, and Andrew Weaver.

Vicky shreiked with delight when she, and Cody pulled into the long curving driveway that led up to their new house.  Standing on a rise before her, with a view of the Big Sugar Creek, and the majestic hills beyond, was the most beautiful home that Vicky could ever have imagined. 

The exterior was made of Western Red Cedar logs.  There were many large windows, painted a rustic green color to complement the redwood.  The area leading  to the massive, sturdy oak entrance door, was covered in native wildflowers, in all the colors of the rainbow.

"Let's go and see the main barn, Vicky." " Ok, Cody, we can look at the inside of the house when your folks get here."

The barn was huge.  It was also made of Western Red Cedar logs, to match the house.  The roof was thirty feet high, supported by massive cedar beams that gave off a scent, reminiscent of being in a pine covered forest.

"Oh, Cody!,  "what a perfect place to have our wedding dance."  "I think the folks just showed up, let's go and see the inside of the house."

Cody unlocked the door.  Everyone entered. They were left speechless, by what was before them.  The fireplace, made of rocks from the Chugwater Creek...took their breath away.  The beams, the vaulted ceilings, and the red oak hardwood floors were indescribable.

"You guy's got all this with a one dollar lottery ticket," Donny laughed......the others  joined in.  "It's going to be some wedding!," Rita remarked, as she turned to hug Vicky, and her oldest son, Cody..

PJ, Oh, FABULOUS, though you scared the heck out of me with the two first paragraphs!!  So, here we go, let's see where this goes!

They awoke, Vicky and Cody... Cody, I want to share something with you."  "What's that my girl?"  Vicky looked at Cody and said, "that's what my dad always called me."  Oh, Cody, "why should we wait to adopt Tara until we are married?"  "I spoke with the social worker the other day, this can be pushed forward, so this special child, will be our child before our wedding day."  Vicky got everything into motion, the date was set before Judge Keath the next day.  Vicky had many talks with Tara before this... Tara was happy beyond belief... Mommy, I teal that mr. sirr that my daddy and mommy r you, me wants to be yur girl.

With all in place with the wedding plans, the reception, they held little Tara's hands to the court room.. a family.  The judge felt the best was in is private quarters... The three chatted together, then Judge Keath said, Tara, may I ask you some questions...  With her wiggeling and squimming, with smiles.. yep sirr..

Cody and Vicky had tears in their eyes, listening to this delightful child, pouring her heart out, after she ran around to sit on his lap, with her arm over his shoulder, said "mrr guge.. this is my Mommy and Daddy, we're going to get married!  Even the Judge had a tear in his eye...  Well, Tara York, this is your Mommy and Daddy, you are a family together...  Hey, Tara, if this is ok with your Mommy and Daddy, how about we keep this a secret until the wedding... then "you" sweetie with your parents can tell all.  Tara, out of babes mouths.. said, "mrrr guge, isn't that lying?"  No, not in this case sweetie, just a great surprise for all...

Knowing time was a factor, just a days away, Vicky went to Bettys..  Betty, "life has been so crazy, I'm so sorry to ask you about this, but my heart of my heart wants this for you and me, and Cody."  Betty, "would you come to the house in the morning, to help me dress for the wedding?"  Betty for the life of her couldn't believe this, "you bet girl, but why me?"  Betty, my mother passed from me being born, the greatest woman in my life was my grandmother, but the next best is you."  Betty just hugged Vicky and cried.. "Of course my girl, I'll be there as proud as a peacock."

The day came...  Cody had left a note on his pillow, so Vicky would have it... Of course the groom couldn't be there that night before..  "Vicky, the love of my life, we begin a new beginning together tomorrow, the three of us."  "Until I see you, know you and Tara are the loves of my life, and I do have a surprise for you and Tara in coming to me; you'll see... "My Love.. Cody". 

Skyy arrived, Betty arrived, Tara was jumping with joy all over the place... Doreen and her entourage, hair people, makeup people, they were all there, to help one and all get ready.  The electricty with all was beyond belief...

Betty and Skyy were ready, helped Vicky with her dress,, the one teir veil, that went from the crown of her hair with a simple spray of wildflowers, down over her back to her elbows.. she was a breath from heaven. Tara, in her sweet simple shantung spaghetti strap bodice dress, with the cute empire waist, with a beautiful bow detail, the dress to her toes... she laughs, lifting her dress "look at my cuwgirl bots with the horsies."

Betty had tears flow in her eyes... Vicky just hugged her... Betty said, "you know girl, I want to give something special to you, thir from my mothers, many generations back."  "I never had a girl, but you are my girl Vicky... Vicky, "every bride must have something old.. I give these to the daughter I never had.. she opened the case... a beautiful set of tear drop earrings, with diamond and pearls. Oh, Betty... "I love you, and I'm so proud that you are my mother today."

Oh, Vicky, my girl, "her dad said.. look at you, with tears in his eyes, wiping them away, you are your

Mother's daughter."  Daddy, "I know mom is here with us".  "I'm just glad my girl, that my mind is clear enough to go with this with you."  "Oh daddy, I love you, I'll always take good care of you."  Tara comes running.."Granddaddy...  oh my pops, I love you...For him, it was like seeing Vicky as a child again, "I love you too Tara, you are my girl".

It was time... Vicky couldn't believe her eyes.. Two special carriages, one for Betty and Skyy, but the other for she, her dad and Tara... that one was a white antique carriage, streaming with wildflowers and ribbons, with Kricket and Angelia in tow, to bring they to Cody.. 

The meadow was with wildflowers, the carpet of green throughout, the birds sang, Vicky held her dad's hand, as well as Tara's... her family. They arrived, Tara  said, "Mommy, I want to be first to go to Daddy, then Skyy... So Tara, began her walk, with smiles, holding her little basket of wildflowers in her hands, seeing her Daddy, smiling from ear to ear to him... Then, Skyy.. the beauty in her face, the whisp of the breeze to her dress... then Vicky and her dad...  All the family and friends, their breath left, seeing this beautiful woman... Cody.. he was breathless...  Vicky and her dad, walked down that golden green path, the wild flowers abound in the fields, the horses in the background, the brook singing its song, the mountains with the sunshine glowing on them both... 

Tara, stood between Cody and Vicky... The minister announced they were Husband and Wife...  Tara looked with love at them both... they lifted her into their arms.. turned... this is our daughter Tara...  Everyone just cried...  the happiness was beyond belief...  All clapped and cried...

The barn was a glow with candles, streams of lights above... the flowers, the music, the happiness.  Cody and Vicky had their first dance... "Walzing With My Darling"... then Vicky's dad... dances with Vicky, the song she chose.. "My Daddy's Girl"...  Of course... Tara flew out on the dance floor to join them both..

Skky, let's get us out of these and get our western wear on... The girls, with Tara in tow... go all western , the outfits with their boots... Vicky laughed, "well its time to party and kick our heels up.." 

You arranged a great wedding, patty :thumbsup:  It appears that our sweet Tara stole the show, what a lovable character you made her into. :smitten:

"You did it!  brother"  "You finally found someone who would have you," Donny teased Cody.  "She's a great gal, son"...."I agree, dad"..Tyler chimed in, Vicky definitely is one of a kind." "The best kind," Rita said.  "When are you two going to follow in your brother's footsteps, and get married?" " Oh, ma, they said in unison, if we got married, we would break the hearts of all the pretty girls out there." 

"Hey folks, it's time for the dollar dance!"  Billy hollered."  "Governor Blankenship, you get the first dance with the lovely bride."  "Now don't be cheap, he said, holding out his hat...  all the money is going to help sponsor this year's rodeo."  The guests roared with laughter.  Among the electorate, Governor Blankenship had quite a reputation for being a cheapskate.  "One-hundred dollars!, Governor!..You just shot your budget all to hell!"  Again the guests roared, and gave Blankenship a rousing round of approval.

Vicky, and Cody stood by the front door, and bid farewell to the guests as they began to leave what was sure to be an occasion they would not soon forget. "Cody, let's go and look in on Tara," Vicky said to him.  They kissed her gently on the cheek so as to not awaken her.  "Look at that," Vicky whispered..."she's got her ragdoll, Angel, under one arm, and her cowgirl boots under the other."  "She's quite a little cowgirl, who truly defines what the words to 'love somebody' really means.

These two left Tara's room... Cody had been to their room just before, had lit candles, put on Vicky's most favorite music and had a chilled bottle of champagne...  Oh Cody, "You have the sensativity of what a man should always be.. I love you my dearest friend, my husband."  Their evening, as husband and wife, was beyond measure.. their love just abound together..

Bouncing in, jumping onto the bed... who but little Tara... Mommy, Daddy... Vicky and Cody opened their eyes in slits...  Tara, "Vicky said, come over here, get under the covers, we're tired and you need to stay and rest with us..."  Cody looked over to Vicky, thought "good luck, it probably won't happen!"  Of course, Tara was like little chatty cathy...  Tara, listen to mommy... "I know you are happy, but let's just rest for a while, think of good thoughts.. let Daddy and I sleep, ok?"  Tara listened, she just kept looking back and forth at both of them with smiles on her face.

Knowing Cody didn't have much time to spend with his family, and they knew, with Tara, they needed to delay a honeymoom... They prearranged to have Cody's family stay with them for three days before going home.Cody's family arrived.. to open arms, with Cody of course, the son they loved, to Vicky, their daughter in law, to get to know, and to little Tara, their new granddaughter.

The three days flew by.. and by golly, the entire family had the most wonderful time together.  Vicky fell in love with Cody's family.. Rita and she talked on for hours.. and Rita had a special way with Tara... The morning came, all had to depart... Cody hugged his parents, his brothers... they turned to Vicky with the same love... Then little Tara.. of course she won her uncles and grandparents over...  The tears flowed from this child..  They waved with their own tears driving away...

Cody and Vicky knew that their well deserved Honeymoon was one week away..  All arrangments had been made.. Annie, who was very close and fond of Tara, at My Sister's Shelter, all had been arranged.  Annie came a few days before.. then the day came.  Tara was fine, then started crying....  Cody and Vicky were torn about leaving, Alice assured them... go, she will be fine...  After a time.. sure enough Tara was.

"Hey!"  "Quit groping my wife!" Cody said to the TSA agent at the airport. " I know what a pat down looks like, but the way you were checking her out went way beyond a pat down."

"If you tried that where i'm from, you'd be strapped to a wild bucking bull, until your bones rattled." " Let it go Cody," Vicky told him.  "Way to go, cowboy, a sweet little grandmotherly lady said to him. "It's nice to see that there are still some real men left in the world."

"Cody, look!" " There's the Statue of Liberty," Vicky said, excitedly, as their plane was descending.  "It's so much bigger than I imagined it to be."  They retrieved their luggage, and took a limo to their hotel.  "Wow!....so this is what The Chatwal  Hotel  looks like"  "Nothing but the best for you, my lovely bride"

"Hi, my name is Martin, I will be your personal valet during your stay at the Chatwal. Follow me please.  He opened the door to another era.  It was like stepping back into the 1920s.  One almost expected to see the ghost of F. Scott Fittzgerald to be lounging on the red leather sofa.  "Where are you folks from?" "We're from Wyoming, Martin"...Cody answered him. " I would like to meet a real cowboy someday," Martin said.  "You just met one," Vicky laughed.  "Cody's as real as they come."

The limo furnished by their hotel, took them to the Empire State Building, Times Square, all the fascinating museums, and to top it off.. they went to Central Park, and rode in a horse-drawn carriage.  "Look Cody, there's a mounted policeman riding a Morgan, and there's one on a  Quarter Horse!"  "They sure take good care of them, Vicky," Cody said, noticing their glistening coats, and over-all healthy appearance..

The Chatwal came complete with a Butler on every floor..nothing was too good for the guests at the Chatwal.  "Martin, we will be dining in tonight..bring us the best the Chatwal has to offer. " When we have finished, we would like the limo to take us to the Broadhurst Theatre to see a "Streetcar Named Desire."  "You will enjoy it, Sir"..now Martin, what did I tell you about calling me Sir?"  "I ride horses, and I step in horse crap, just call me Cody, my friend...if you ever come out West, i'll make a real cowboy out of you.  "You will be eatin' beans n' bacin', not that stuff you call New York Style Pizza!"  Martin grinned, and laughed out loud....he really liked Cody, and Vicky.  It is really refreshing to meet people like them, he thought to himself.

All the staff at the Chatwal, who, having been so enamored with the Weavers, came to say good bye to Vicky, and Cody when it was time for them to leave for the airport.  "Don't forget, You all have a standing invitation to come to Medicine Bow, and enjoy a western style  barbeque at our ranch, "Cody reminded the staff, as he entered the limo...

"Martin, it's good to see you wearin' those Tony Lama cowboy boots I got you.. The staff all laughed, smiled, and waved so long, as the limo sped towards the airport.

"Cody, I loved seeing New York, it was fabulous, but I miss Tara, and I miss the wide open spaces, and I miss Betty's homemade caramel rolls.     

The top of the mountain you reached with that... just perfect!!  Congrats and just perfect...  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:  Patty

Annie dreaded this day.  The Weavers were coming home from their honeymoon trip to New York City.  She was extremely nervous, and scared sick, worrying about what they would say to her, when they saw what had happened to their beautiful new barn because of her careless actions.

"Hurry up! Tara... your mom, and dad are coming home from their honeymoon today.  We have to get to the airport on time ."  "You don't want to be late, do you?"  Annie tried coaxing her to wear her pink sneakers, but to no avail. She insisted on wearing her cowgirl boots.

"Annie, is there honey on the moon?" Tara asked her?"  "I like honey." "You've been listening to too much honeymoon talk."  "Come on chatterbox," Annie said to Tara....laughing at her precociousness.  "We've got to hurry."         

"There they are!" "Here comes your mom, and dad.  "Mommy!, daddy!" "Tara screamed.  Running much faster than she should have in her little cowgirl boots, she tripped, and fell, bruising  her knees.  "I wanted her to wear sneakers, Vicky, but she wouldn't part with those cowgirl boots."  " That's alright, Annie."  "I know how much she loves them. "

Cody scooped Tara up from the floor, and gave her a big kiss.  "I'm ok, daddy, i'm ok, mommy.  I missed you."  "We missed you too, honey," Vicky said to her.  "I'll go and get your luggage, Annie said to Vicky."

"Cody, does it appear to you that Annie is not quite her usual spirited self today." "Ya, I noticed it too."  "There must be something weighing heavily on her mind."

On the way back to their ranch, they stopped at Betty's cafe for a cup of coffee, and some of her delicious caramel rolls.  They would rather eat at Betty's than any swanky place in New York.  That's the kind of people they are. 

"Welcome home guys....how's my little buckaro?" she asked Tara, who's face was covered in syrupy goo, from wrestling with her gigantic caramel roll. " I'm fine, Tara answered back. " Let me cut that roll for you, pumpkin," Betty said to Tara.  "Did ya' all have a good time in the Big Apple?" she asked Vicky.  "Why are you so quiet, Annie?  Annie smiled at Betty, and continued drinking her coffee.

"Oh, Betty, it was so wonderful!....the skyscrapers, all the different foods, Central Park, all the people roaming around...and the hotel, you just can't imagine how luxurious it was." " We were pampered, and treated like royalty."  "The staff was so nice...we invited them to come to our ranch for a barbeque." "I hope it can happen."  "You have to meet Martin." " He's such a sweet little guy, very refined, and proper."  "He was so interested in cowboys, and the ranching life, that Cody bought him a pair of cowboy boots."  "He absolutely loved them!"

"I suppose in about a month you'll be tellin' me that yer' pregnant, Betty laughed.  Vicky blushed, and said; "That's what I love about you, Betty... you come right out with what's on your mind...you don't mince words...you're a straight shooter.  You proved that when you shot Cledus."  They hugged.  "See you later, Betty, we have to get on home".

As they drove up the driveway towards their new house... Cody saw that the main horse barn had burned to the ground.  He was calm.  He seldom got flustered.  "What  happened, " he asked Annie.  "I probably should have called you at your hotel, she sobbed....to tell you what happened, but I didn't want to ruin your honeymoon," she said, apologetically.  Vicky screamed!  "What happened to Angelia, and Kricket?"  "Are they alright?."  "Yes, their ok," Annie said. "They were staying  in the smaller barn below the hill when the fire started."

" How did the fire start, Annie," Cody wanted to know.  "It was raining, I didn't want to smoke in your house, so I went down to the barn to have a cigarette." " I accidentally dropped the cigarette onto a pile of dry hay, and before I could pick it up the fire spread so quickly I had to run away."  "I called the Fire Department, but by the time they got here the barn was gone."

Annie was crying uncontrollably.  "I am so very sorry, can you ever forgive me?"  "You guys have been so good to me, and look what I did." 

Vicky stroked Annie's hair, and dried her teary eyes.  Cody, reassured her that they could care less about losing the barn. " We can always get another barn, but we can never replace you, Annie." 

"What's a honeymoon, mommy?  "Ask your daddy, Tara "

Much to my surprise, my hubby got that Quarter Horse for me, me not knowing! ???  Guess, those two guys, PJ and my Ron, talked about it... Well, want to understand why I haven't written? :o :o  I've been riding this darn horse through the Marin headways these last few days LOST!  The sheriff found me, drinking water out of the creek, bowled legged and my bumm is sore as h....  Listen to PJ's writing... 8) 8) the very best as you all know.  Sure hope I can add something good.. my bumm hurts! :-[ :-[

So to the story:

Cody.. "let's all go inside.. we just all need to get settled, Vicky said."  The oohs and awes about their trip to the Big Apple, the photos... oh they all shared.  Hey Annie, Vicky said "lets go take a walk, I need to breathe the air here, home,  just spend sometime together, let's Cody and Tara do their thing."

The girls walked together, Annie still sad about what happened..  Annie, as Vicky put her arms around her in a hug, "Annie, forget about the barn, you are fine, Tara is fine, Angelia and Kricket are fine.."  "It's a barn, not anyone I love, the barn can be replaced.  Annie just hugged Vicky. "Vicky, I thought and I knew I was strong, I am dependable, just with this happening, it shook me to the core."  Annie, "what I wanted to talk with you about privately, and you have the ability, and are more then capable, are you interested in being the Executive Director of "My Sister's Place?"  Annie was aghast, she couldn't believe what Vicky was saying.  "Vicky, why would you want "me" in that position?"  "Annie, I have thought hard and long about this."  "You understand from life experience first hand with it all, you have the compassion and yes Annie, you have the ability... so how about a yes, if that's ok with you?"  Annie hugged Vicky... "Yes Vicky... I will take the position, I am honored you would think of me... you know I will do my best." 

Annie bid her farewell to Cody and Vicky, hugged little Tara whom she loved dearly, and drove down that beautiful lane to the road.  Annie couldn't believe that Vicky asked her to be in that position, she knew she would do the very best at it, for, "My Sister's Place."  She thought, "how roads turn in a person's life, did I ever think what that road would have brought me to?' 

Annie knew she needed to ride, get out and have the feeling of freedom in riding; to Billy's..  "Hi Hank, hey, Annie, we've been missing you, how are you doing?"  "Just fine, came out to ride if I can, Vicky and Cody are back."  Billy happened to come around the stalls.. "Hey, Annie, just going out to ride Magic, you want to saddle up Spirit and ride with me?"

The two left together, riding slowly from from stalls, talking and laughing together.. Hank, looking at the two of them.. "you know, I think, really those two belong together."  Then he saw, as they went a little further... it was like a race of freedom that they both shared.. they both were going free with the wind flying with Magic and Spirit, though it was the spirit of them both together going free with the wind.. the freedom of their souls together.. and he knew... 

I missed you, patty. :)  Great addition to the story!  You add a much needed women's perspective .  I almost fell out of my chair when I read about Annie's promotion.  I was going to write the exact same thing; even give her the same title....talk about ESP!  You, and your husband will have to go to a Dude Ranch someday, and enjoy ranch livin' for a week or two.

Betty was right!  She almost always was.  Vicky is indeed pregnant.  According to Doctor Bradshaw, her baby will make an appearance around mid January, when the snow is piled high, and the cold winds sweep down from the hills.

The hot days of summer were in all their glory.  Golden wheat, and yellow-green alfalfa were swaying gently in the fields, prodded by the warm, gentle summer winds.  kids were diving, and swimming in the clean, clear lakes...the boys, impressing the girls.... by pretending to be Tarzan, did a poor imitation of the legendary, Olympic Gold Medal winner, and his infamous yell.

The foals were colts now.  They pranced, and jumped in the green pastures, agile as ballet dancers.

City folks, and rural folks alike, were becoming excited in anticipation of the upcoming annual rodeo because Vicky, along with Kricket, would be leading the parade from downtown to the fairgrounds.

"Martin! " "You made it!" " How was your flight from New York?"  "Wonderful, just wonderful, Cody."  "A year ago, if someone had said to me that I would be spending my two week vacation in Wyoming, I would have thought them insane."  "But, here I am." " Perhaps I am the one who is insane."

"I have never seen so much grass, and trees, and open spaces, Martin lamented to Cody as they drove through the vast country side on their way to Cody, and Vicky's ranch." " All my life I have been surrounded by miles, and miles of cold concrete, hot blacktop, tall skyscrapers reaching to the clouds, and people in a hurry to get where they were going, so they could hurry back to get to where they came from in the first place."

"Martin, I invited you out here because, first of all I like you, and I am impressed by the way in which you interact with people, and your knowledge pertaining to the running of a business."  "I talked to the owner's of the Chatwal Hotel, and they all agreed that you would be perfect for what I have in mind." " What could that possibly be?," Martin wondered to himself."

"Billy, I love my job at 'My Sister's Place', Annie remarked to him as they were talking over lunch at Betty's Cafe."  "If I marry you...you must promise me that I can continue working there." " I understand what those women, and children are going through." "I want to help them...they are so desperate for a new way of life.

Thanks PJ, I missed you also!  Well, that was nice what you said, "a woman's perspective, thank you!"  Wow, "you almost fell out of your chair, thinking the same.. Hey, I almost fell out of my chair, what you said, we again our thinking the same??"  I think your story thoughts are so strong in your mind, you are sending signals out, and I am picking them up!"  Yes, ESP.. this is the second time for sure!  Well, keep sending me those thoughts, I need them to keep this up, you are a big challenge!!  A Dude Ranch?  :-\  Right now, my two would be.. Ron, healed from these wds.  He had a window two weeks ago, back to himself.. I smiled and said "welcome back sweetie"..  Gone again.  That would be my #1 wish.  The second, it would be, after that being total... Up to Wyoming.. a nice little log cabin near a lake, the wildflowers, the birds, nature... and a great "cook" to cook every meal for us, so I didn't have to cook at all.  ... then down to Betty's Cafe, meet the whole bunch there... and who walks in... PJ and Hanna!!! :) :)  Well, all dreams and wishes.. wouldn't that be wonderful... just dreams..

Wow... this will be a tough one... your writing... phew!  What a challenge... Well, here we go:

Vicky walked to her truck, she got in and just smiled and chuckled...  She thought, "can you believe this happening so soon."  In thought, driving home, "I knew something more was going, oh yeah, I was joyous and happy with all, but this was a total differant feeling within myself, something I just never felt or could connect too, it was just too differant."  Vicky's hand gently caressed her abdomen, said, "welcome little one, you are coming to us, a wonderful family who will love and protect you always."

As Cody drove through the main gate, to their property, the sight was to behold in Martin's eyes.. "Cody, in his English accent.. Cody, this is beyond belief in beauty, dear God, this is absolute heaven.."  Martin, "you are our guest, let me get your luggage."  Martin was astounded, "why should Cody be doing this for me... well, I'll respect him, just its quite odd for me."

Vicky finally arrived home, thrilled that she was home, thrilled that Martin arrived, thrilled what she had to share with Cody.. and of course, Miss Tara in the morning, explaining to her about the baby, she would be a big sister.  Martin.. he hugged Vicky.. said, "oh Mrs. Weaver"... Martin, "we are friends, just call me Vicky." Vicky, "I cannot tell you enough how wonderful this is, to see you and Cody again, being here in your wonderful country,  your beautiful home and meeting your delightful daughter Tara."  "Martin, we are just so happy you are here."

Martin was amazed with this little Tara, a little bundle with joy and love that was abound..  Tara finally was in bed fast asleep, this gave the three, to enjoy their time together. " Cody, Vicky, your Tara is a darlin, what a special girl she is, full of love, just a light of life."  Vicky shared with Martin, Tara's previous life, Martin just shook his head, "dear God almighty, thank goodness that little elf found her way to you."  "That darlin girl is a love."

Vicky and Cody were finally by themselves, holding each other in their comfy bed... "Cody, huh sweetie... Cody, have something to tell you... what honey... we're going to have a baby." Cody jolted up, put the table lamp on.. saw the glow in Vicky's face... he just held her..."when Vicky, when is the baby due?"  The two... well, the passion of love just grew...

Annie and Billy left Betty's Cafe..  Annie just had a very unsettled feeling within herself, with how Billy reacted about her job at "My Sister's Place"...  Annie thought as they were driving back to Billy's, "it was almost like a disdain from him, for me to continue this if we married."  "Why, why would he want to begrudge me of this happiness, knowing I love what I am doing." 

Billy couldn't believe Annie was going home.. "Billy, I just need to go home, work is tomorrow, you have alot going on with the ranch tomorrow.. lets just let it be.. we both have responsibilities."  Of course, Billy was not happy about this, but kissed Annie, told her to drive safe.

Annie finally went to sleep..  The dreams were rolling through with too much power... Abusive, beatings, losing the baby, her xhusband, how awful it was... she tossed and turned crying...  Then, riding Spirit, the freedom, finally free... Vicky, oh the safe haven, she was safe and free, it will all change... The dream changes.. Billy...  then Billy's face at Betty's... determined, hard.. not happy about Annie continuing with "My Sister's Place", almost a disdain..  Sweating and trembling, Annie woke... Annie thought, "why, why was I asking Billy, "If I marry you... "you must promise me that I can continue working there"... "Annie thought, why are you asking permission, that's what it was, why, why are you doing this to yourself, after all you have been through... she thought to herself."

No Annie thought, "I have given and given, there is no more, I finally freed myself from the trenches of control before... What I have learned at "My Sister's Place" from the therapy program... No more patterns, understand them and not repeat them and move ahead.  "This relationship has to be given time, he needs to truly understand me, respect my desires, without control, as it will never work."  "This time, I will never ever repeat the same patterns, I've come to far and gone through too much."  "For a relationship to be successful, both must respect each other, reach a medium of that with each other... its called communication, respect and love...

Excellent :).... as usual, Patty.  I'm starting to feel like I actually 'know' the characters.  Ya, it would be a hoot to sit down with Betty!

"Martin, have you ever seen a horse being born?"  "Great Caesar's Ghost!, "Martin said in horror. " I would pass out, and fall to the floor, my goodness Cody, spare me the anquish, old chap."  Cody turned to his partner, Joel, and smiled.  "Ok, Martin."  "We won't make a Veterinarian out of you."

"How would you like to manage a Dude Ranch that Vicky, and I will be starting up this fall?  "You will have lots of support from the retired ranchers, that I plan on hiring to help you." 

"A Dude Ranch!....what is that, my good man?"  "It is a place where city slickers from all over the world, can come to, unwind from their hectic everyday lives, and experience what it is like to ride a horse, eat food prepared from a chuckwagon, and sing cowboy songs around a roaring campfire."

"Martin, I will pay you sixty thousand dollars a year, and provide you with a place to  live"....Cody caught Martin just before he was about to hit the floor.  Regaining his composure, Martin drank the brandy that Joel had handed him to calm his janggled nerves.  " Cody, at the Chatwal, I earned eleven dollars, and fifty cents an hour, plus my meals." 

" It's no wonder you passed out," Cody said.  Handing Martin the cowboy hat Vicky had bought for him, he asked......."Can I assume that you will take the job, Martin?"  "Does a horse have a tail?, Cody."  "How do I look in my cowboy hat, he asked Cody".  "You look jolly good, old chap...jolly good! "

Martin was thrilled beyond words when he saw Vicky, sitting on Kricket, leading the parade around the arena.  People stamped their feet, cheered, and whistled at the sight of them.  Little girls who dreamed of one day becoming a barrel racer like their idol, Vicky... watched in awe, as Kricket took a bow, and she, and Vicky raced out of the packed arena.

Martin had never seen a rodeo. " Cody, what does that clown with the barrel do?," he wanted to know.  "His job is to distract the bucking bull when the rider is thrown off, and goes flying, or dismounts after staying on the bull for eight seconds."  "If it were not for the Rodeo Clown, risking his own neck, the riders could be stepped on or gored."

"What makes a cowboy want to ride those wild animals?  "Well, Martin...they want to impress the ladies, I suppose...and they can make a whole lotta money."  "When they were little boys, I imagine their mother's hoped, and prayed they wouldn't grow up to be bull riders."

"Well,  Mr.Martin Cadbury... what do you think of us westerners now?, Vicky asked him. "I think you are a bit alright," he answered Vicky, who was plucking sticky, pink cotton candy from Tara's hair. 

Two little girls, wearing cowgirl hats, blue jeans, and western style shirts with red flowers, and black wagon wheels embroidered on them, walked by Vicky.  "That is too her!."... the girl with the freckles said to the girl who was hanging onto a balloon with the image of Vicky, and Kricket printed on it.  " I dare you to ask for her ottagraph."  Ok, I will!...."Vicky, can we have your ottagraph, please?  "Sure thing, cowgirls, i'd be mighty pleased to give you my autograph."  "I told you it was her," said the little girl with the freckles.           

"Cody, I saw Sarah, and Billy holding hands over at the kiddie zoo." "I wonder what's up with that."  "I might have to have a talk with Betty.....our resident matchmaker," Vicky laughed.   

PJ... Now I understand your mention of us going to a Dude Ranch.. you bugger.. you knew you had that in your head for the story.. I just need to pay more attention to these little hints!  ;)  What can I say... other then fabulous. Today has been a long hectic day, so I need to wait until tomorrow, probably evening to add to this story.  Please, do me a favor, go ahead an add your next addition to make it easier on me...    Oh, yes, would be a hoot to sit down with Betty!.  Who knows, maybe Betty's Cafe does exist, with all the ones in this story.. well, maybe some where.  Catch up on this tomorrow.. Patty

Hi patty :)

GIDDYUP :oops:  Forgot to tighten the cinch  :o

Martin, with the help of the seasoned ranchers teaching him the ropes, was doing a fantastic job overseeing the day to day running of The Big Sandy Dude Ranch.  He had an infectious way of endearing himself to all whom he met....a quality that was put to the test when a very rotund gentleman, big Carl, and his wife, Florence, came all the way from New Jersey, for a week's stay at the ranch.

Today's schedule called for riding horses to Chugwater Creek, where the guests would experience what cowboy cooking was all about.  The chuckwagon, and the cook, left earlier in the morning to set-up for the guests arrival.

All the horses, being much too small to carry big Carl's massive weight in excess

of three-hundred, and fifty pounds, posed a dilema for Martin, who was

beside himself worrying about how he was going to accomodate big Carl.  The brochure advertising the Big Sandy Dude Ranch....promised a horse to suit every size, shape, and personality of the guests.

"What's the matter, little fella'?" Edgar, a retired rancher who was hired to help Martin, asked him....noticing that he appeared down in the dumps.  "See that big guy over there, he's almost as large as the horses."  "We don't have a horse large enough to carry all that bloody weight!."

Edgar busrt out laughing.  "Wait right here," Martin...I'll solve your problem."  He soon returned, leading a large Percheron, that stood at least eighteen hands high, and weighed around two-thousand pounds.  Martin shook Edgar's large, callused hand up, and down, as if it were a pump handle, thanking him profusely. 

"Florence, will you get Carl, and tell him that his horse is ready..she came back with Carl in hand...took one look at Maude, the large Percheron, and asked Martin if he had a step-ladder to assist big Carl in mounting such a tall horse.

What a sight it was to see big Carl huffing, and puffing, and squirming, and twisting every which way to get aboard Maude.  Florence, and Martin got behind his massive frame, and pushed for all they were worth...Big Carl, didn't look so big any more...sitting astride that big, beefy Percheron.

Big Carl enjoyed his ride to Chugwater Creek, and his third helping of cowboy beans, baking powder biscuits, t-bone steak, and shoo-fly pie..all washed down with two large cups of strong cowboy coffee, that would make expresso seem milder than Chamomile tea.

"Tara, honey...will you answer the phone for me?"  "Yes, Mommy."  "I't's Betty, she wants you."  You better sit down hun," Betty said to Vicky.  "What I have to tell you, will knock you on your butt."  "Billy, and Sarah eloped last night."

PJ.  Your last three additions.. what can I say.. think I am reading a script for a Broadway play or movie in Hollywood..  You say, you are "starting to feel like you actually "know" the characters!"  Nope, you have become them, each and everyone of them..  Your writings, that were fabulous before, they have taken on a completely new measure.. I have no words to describe them.  I have sat here the last hour, trying to formulate something to add to this, I am at a loss..  So, I have to step back right now, just read, and add when it is right..  just right now, my thought process with my imagination is stuck.. So keep going.. its amazing what you are doing...  Hugs, Patty :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

patty, and hanna :smitten: :smitten:

This has been a lot of fun.  Thank you for your enthusiasm, and for your wonderful contributions.  I think it's time for all the characters in our story to saddle up, and ride off into the proverbial sunset, and live happily ever after, like the people in the fairy tales do.  To continue would just become redundant.

Now that I am healed, I would like to devote my limited time to hopefully, encourage, and offer some hope to the many new members who arrive daily, confused, and hurting.  Just like I was.....a long time ago. 

So....let us say so long to the  main characters in our story...Billy Rutledge, Vicky Longstreet, Cody Weaver, Betty Wilson, Chuckles the clown, Cledus Baker, Sarah Hopkins, Annie Starr, Hank Raferty, Sheriff Skyy Montana, Sheriff Matt Bridges, Joel Mason, Nancy Hunter, George Longstreet, Laser the K9, Tara York, big Carl, Florence, Martin, Angelia, and, Kricket...I probably forgot some of them.

....Vicky's wise Grandmother would often say to her...

“If nothing ever changed, there'd be no butterflies”

I'm sorry PJ, just couldn't get my brain working.  Yes, all good things must come to an end.  Well, Happy Trails to the "gang".  Many thanks again!  Patty

.... Vicky's wise Grandmother would often say to her...

"If nothing ever changed, there'd be no butterflies"

PJ and I communicated by pm... the story will continue.... We're glad to bring back everyone to the fold in reading, us writing... to have them all come back from the sunset...  It won't be every day, maybe every other day.. so we all can enjoy again... Thanks for riding the trail that PJ started and I joined.. with all of you!  Patty

"Betty, what? .. Billy, and Sarah eloped last night?"  Betty, "where did you hear that?"  Vicky, "Hank, just called me, Billy called him from Las Vegas... those two eloped and married!"  I'll tell you Vicky, "that slick Billy better not hurt our Sarah, I'll kick his you know what, back to Las Vegas and back."  "That guy, is still chasing skirts, and by golly, he's barking up the wrong tree with our Sarah, and me!"

You know Vicky, "maybe he should have married that rich little spoiled Missi, would have done him good!"  Well Betty, "think about it.. Sarah is a very mature grounded woman.. that is really what Billy needs."  Yeah.. "Vicky you are too and look what he did."  Betty, "I was to be with Cody, you know that, right?"  "I'm just grateful that Annie saw through Billy, decided to go her own way."  You know Betty, "I think this will be alright.. Sarah has the strength, she is a very grounded woman, educated, and a comes from a fine family, a real professional in her field.. I really think, maybe this time for once in Billy's life, he made the right decision!"

Hank thought to himself.. "that son of a ......., what the hell is wrong with him.."  Well Hank thought,  "Billy, this time, I think you made a move that will be better in the long run, more then you even thought.. its called, wake of Billy and smell the roses of life." 

Hank had been grateful that Annie had backed off with Billy, knowing how Billy's past with women had been.  Hank knew, Annie was too fine to have taken the chance with Billy...  So.. Hank, as he had felt before, had that inkling to ask Annie out.. and he had.  Annie and Hank had been having dinner together, riding together and just getting to know each other... just having a fine time as friends.  Though, Hank's heart still pounded when he was around Annie.. he just knew, when he first was around her.. "if I were to marry, this is one fine lady that I would want to marry."

Cody and Vicky had a special evening together, after little Miss Tara was tucked in and sleeping... A wonderful meal together..  Cody, held Vicky.. Cody felt with his hand the growing bump.. oh that baby is growing.. Vicky just smiled with love to her man.  Vicky... "we have had so many blessings.. that Lottery winning ticket.. to do so much good.. have the clinic from it... you opening "My Sister's Place".. little Tara,  having Martin in our life... and dear Martin... being the G.M. of the Dude Ranch... and now this child coming to us to add to our family."  What blessings have been given to us my Vicky...

The hot, humid, dog days of summer were gone now, replaced by the cool, crisp days of Autumn.  The fiery-red Sugar Maples, the bronze-brown oaks, and the bright yellow elms... surrounded by colbalt blue skies, laced with soft, white  clouds...created a canvas of color to rival that of a painting done by Claude Monet. 

The kids with their sad, still tanned faces, stared longingly out of the classroom windows, yearning for the return of the care-free, happy days of summer, that disappeared all to soon.

Martin Cadbury, and his staff of retired ranchers, along with their wives, were busy preparing the Big Sandy Dude Ranch for Winter.  The festivities for the guests would include sleigh rides, gigantic, soul-warming bonfires, sledding, and a host of other invigorating outdoor activities...and plenty of hot chocolate, cinnamon-stick apple cider, and Martin's very own blend of cowboy coffee.

Martin was looking forward to seeing big Carl, and his lovely wife Florence once again.  He had just received notice that they would be spending the Christmas holiday, three months from now, at Big Sandy.  He was delighted.  Big Carl was a stockbroker, and Martin, who missed out on buying stock in Google, wanted to buy a few shares of Facebook, which just recently were offered to the public.  He trusted Carl.

Hank knew that Annie was unable to have any more children.  What did he care?  He loved her.  He loved her strength.  He loved her tenderness.  He loved her.  What did he care?

'My Sister's Place' was over-flowing with little boys, and girls who were reaching out to be wanted, and to be loved....together, he and Annie would adopt two or three of those precious little lost souls, and give them a home built upon a foundation of love, and kindness.

Now that he has parted with Billy, bought his own ranch, and he and  Annie were married.... their long-awaited dreams would come true.

Annie, and Hank, walking hand in hand ... the bright, harvest moon, lighting the way for them.... were headed to 'My Sisters's Place' to meet three little siblings....ages, seven, four, and two, who

desperately needed to be adopted by someone who would take all three of them, so they would not have to suffer the loneliness, the confusion, and the terror of being separated from one another.

"Are you nervous," Annie asked Hank...."ya, a little, but not as much as those little kids must be."

Why Our Health Care Costs Are So High

Kevin had shingles.

Those of us who spend much time in a doctor's office should appreciate this! Doesn't it seem more and more that physicians are running their practices like an assembly line?

Here's what happened to Kevin:

Kevin walked into a doctor's office and the receptionist asked him what he had. Kevin said: "Shingles.' So she wrote down his name, address, medical insurance and told him to have a seat.

Fifteen minutes later a nurse's aide came out and asked Kevin what he had.

Kevin said 'Shingles.' So she wrote down his height, weight, a complete medical history and told Kevin to wait in the examining room.

A half hour later a nurse came in and asked Kevin what he had. Kevin said, 'Shingles.' So the nurse gave Kevin a blood test, a blood pressure test, an elect r ocardiogram, and told Kevin to take off all his clothes and wait for the doctor.

An hour later the doctor came in and found Kevin sitting patiently in the nude and asked Kevin what he had.

Kevin said, 'Shingles.' The doctor asked, 'Where?'

Kevin said, 'Outside on the truck. Where do you want me to unload 'em??'