Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Love photography? Post your pics here...

[os...]

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [jr...]

• [os...]

• [Fl...]

• [ha...]

Beautiful shot ByByMatrix.  Where is this taken if I may ask?  That tree broken off opened up the whole view for you ;)  Thanks for sharing that!

FB

Beautiful shot ByByMatrix.  Where is this taken if I may ask?  That tree broken off opened up the whole view for you ;)  Thanks for sharing that!

FB

You're welcome. :) That pic was taken at Glacier Park and the one on the other page was taken at Crater Lake. I'll try and post a few more later.

Awesome beauty.  My daughter went there this past year.  She is very into outdoors and hiking and camping. 

Thanks again,

FB

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q540/Skyy52/most_beautiful_men_31.jpg

Oscar, how did I happen to have your picture in my files?  Looking Goood!

xoxo

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Of course i *do* have a body just like that...  :laugh:

BYBYMatrix, that photo is awesome, i would really love to visit somewhere like that, Yellowstone and Grand Canyon are places i hope to visit one day...  :thumbsup:

Please post more !!!  :yippee:

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q540/Skyy52/most_beautiful_men_31.jpg

Oscar, how did I happen to have your picture in my files?  Looking Goood!

xoxo

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: LOL

Here is a little sunshine for you from our garden!

This is a David Austin English Rose called Abraham Darby, I believe.  (Benzo-ed brain this morning.)

The yellow color has the most wonderful rosy undertones!  So lovely!  And nice scent, too!

http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z414/Lilyagain/flowers/AbrahamDarbyrose-1.jpg

"People from a planet

without flowers would

think we must be mad

with joy the whole time

to have such things about us." 

~Iris Murdoch

Lilly, what a beautiful rose and such a regal name!  I never had much luck with roses.  I had only one rose bush at my old house before I sold it.  Love roses and all flowers.  thank you for posting this,

FB

Hi Lily-Is that gorgeous rose from your garden?  Yellow roses are my favorite, and that one is perfect.  Hugs,  Jenn

Hi FB and Jenn,

Thanks for saying you like the rose.  Yes, this is a bloom from our garden.  They are just now starting to bloom.  I really do like the David Austin ones and have about 6 different kinds.  They have the form and flower of the old roses and the fragrance, too, but are better all around plants.  I will take a few more photos to to show you as they bloom more. 

Below is one of my two most favorite tea roses.  This one is Tournament of Roses from last years blooms.  The color is a fresh pink with a little peachiness to it, blooms last long in the garden or in a vase, the leaves are very shiny and stay healthy, it blooms abundantly and the bush has a nice growing habit.  All the things I love.  The photo doesn't show it well but each pedal has a little picot in the middle of it!  My other favorite is Ingrid Bergman which has an awesome red rose that last forever!  (This sounds like an ad for J & P roses!)

Love to you,

:smitten:

Lily

http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z414/Lilyagain/ROSE-1-1.jpg

Lilly, such beautiful roses.  Wow!  I think you must be a master gardener?  What is a picot?  Perhaps you should lead up a gardeners thread; you sound so knowledgeable in this subject.  You must have so many roses!  I read somewhere that rose oil has the highest frequency of all the oils.  Not sure if that is so but I always thought it was interesting.  Your house must be full of roses.

FB

Oh FB,

No, I am not a master gardener... I am just been working with flowers for a long time.  (That is one of the benefits of aging, I guess!)  I have spent 40 years reading about plants and trying to do well with them. 

A picot is a  little "point" that anything can come to.  Often times it is on needle work like lace.  In this case each of these pedals comes to a pretty little point that looks sort of like this } . 

I used to have about 40 roses but when I became ill in tolerance and couldn't care for any of them we took about 20 tea roses out.  That was several years ago.  My KP, hubby, does so very much around here that I used to do and hopefully will again.  But when we didn't even know what was wrong with my health, we thought it was just time to cut down on the gardening work load for him.  Until this year I have been too ill to even miss them but now I find myself looking out to were they were planted and missing them and feel almost surprised they are gone.  That sounds like waking up from the Benzos, doesn't it.  That is a good thing!  They were very beautiful though.  We may have some at our new home after I am well enough to move.  But really 40 roses is too many as it is a lot of pruning, dead-heading, fertilizing, watering, covering for winter protection and spraying if they have any disease on the leaves.

I don’t know what highest frequency of an oil would mean.  It is interesting though.

Have a great Sunday, FB!

Love,

:smitten:

Lily

Awesome pix matrix.  May I ask what kind of camera you are using?  Beautiful shots!

FB

Thank you.

I use a Canon EOS Rebel 12.2 MP

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n553/MiniRocky/100_0476.jpg

Matrix, My very first slr camera back in the stone age was a Canon TX.  It served me well.  I am in the market for a new digital slr that is feather light due to shoulder, neck, back & arm stuff.  Haven't found what I want yet so I carry a small point and shoot for now. Beautiful work Matrix............

FB

Matrix, My very first slr camera back in the stone age was a Canon TX.  It served me well.  I am in the market for a new digital slr that is feather light due to shoulder, neck, back & arm stuff.  Haven't found what I want yet so I carry a small point and shoot for now. Beautiful work Matrix............

FB

Have you checked out the Sony nex 5n? It has interchangeable lenses and very light. I think Nikon also has a lightweight model.

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n553/MiniRocky/100_0125.jpg

No I haven't looked at them.  Thanks for the info.  There were some interesting cameras where one could exchange more then the lens.  It's been a while since I looked at them so I am not putting this succinctly.  :D It seemed an interesting concept.  If I remember to find what I am talking about I will post it.  I used to do all my work in a dark room back in the day and really need to learn  photo shop one of these days.  I keep saying that...............

Photoshop is fun, but I have spent some time learning lightroom. I say this, Flutterbye, because they tried to make it into a digital darkroom. Adobe has a lot of teaching movies that are very good. A few months ago, I watched them all. Very cheap entertainment when in withdrawal. So this drug stopped me from exercising, but i could learn a program eventually. If you have a digital camera or even some images, you can just learn it with the trial version for a month  :)