Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Non-benzo related chat room

[no...]

In the past several members started an outside chat room with very poor results.  The security just isn't present and a very disturbed person disrupted the chat room. This caused serious stress to several people.  I am putting in a quote from Hope1962 about this matter.

We don't advise our members use other chat venues. That's been done in the past with disastrous results. In one case, the troll who frequents this forum, found one of the off wite chat rooms and cause a great deal of upset. Remember you don't really know who you're chatting with.

Naturally, you'll all decide on your own if you want to go this route but it's highly recommended that you do not.

There is ongoing work being done on this forum to keep it running smoothly.  In the future we plan to bring the Chat Room back, that will happen when all the areas that need work are functioning well. Thank you for your patience.

pianogirl

pianogirl is right...and I would suggest you review the link she's provided.

The thing is, we can't stop you from opening a chat room else where. It's not our responsibly if you decide to do that. However, we can explain to you, from our experience why it's not a good idea.

You don't know who you're communicating with on the forum..or on the net in general. How do you know you won't be giving the url of this chat room to the troll? You don't. Then you open a chat room (sometimes you have to give your email address)..now the troll has your email address. Then in the chat room, you might give out personal information. You might think it's benign enough but the troll will then have your email address/personal information...and then before you know it you're getting emails from him, in some cases phone calls..etc. Is it worth it? I'm not trying to scare anyone. I just want you to be aware.

We have given you the information we can. What you do is up to you.

I'm staying away from the troll.  Yikes, not scared but ..really who needs someone to make this w'd mess worse than it already is? 

Staying here, where it's safe.

Thank you, pianogirl and hope

Wow, thanks for the info, Pianogirl. I love this site and want to keep things running smoothly too. What is a troll?

A troll is someone who takes great delight in "trolling" the cyber world to create havoc. They are usually not in need of support and only join to cause confusion, hurt and fear.

What a sad life to lead, isn't it?