Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Partty pooping thats been said before

[Ob...]

I use to be amazed at how quick patients were given relief in western worlds. How it was no problem to get a pain killer receipt without a wink of an eye. Not to get into the whole companies are bad discussion, but ever since this system started applying where I am at, I see a horrible difference within the way people react to these drugs. Oh, a doctor in with a white coat gave it to me, surely there is nothing wrong that can happen.

I have tried the pharma-grade and pure opiate grade, believe me as a substance abuser, getting pure heroin is no where near as bad as getting it over the counter with a little peace of paper. The *** they must put into it to make it even more addictive must make cigarette chemicals look like a fresh pond. It took 4 months of doing pure heroin for 5 days a week before I had to cut to the low grade due to the cost. After the 4 months I took a few weeks to relax. Nothing bothered me much. Joints hurt a bit, my blood pressure would rise, sure, but my depression was manageable by a job. Once I switched to the low grade *** that the call Oxycontin or whatever in the states, it took less then a week for me to get full on addicted with shivers, and every possible symptom you can name from a book. It's been cut with talc powder, and a substance that escapes me now (i promise to find it) that is high grade phrmacutical crap, which from what I read causes the addiction to be far worse then it should be. Mind you, I experienced this! I'm not making some shit up. My sister found me half dead from that crap.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quinine

substance i was looking for, read up.

I will ramble on later. But, for now, I leave you with this, read the fine print. Unless you have a doctor who is there to truly support your health, do not buy into the crap they package as medicine. Hell they even packaged radiation as therapy.

Edit: profanity deleted

Obiez,

I know you are new to the forum and need some time to get familiar with our rules and policies. We are not an anti doctor or anti medicine website.  There is much frustration on the part of members who find themselves in the unfortunate situation of being dependent on a benzo and we understand the need to vent at times.  Please read our forum policies in regard to these topics:

•Do not promote illegal drug use. Nor should you describe drug paraphernalia, exalt positive experiences, or glorify their use. Please keep descriptions factual and dispassionate.

•Do not promote the abuse (or illegal or inappropriate use) of medicines.

•Do not promote addictive (or habit forming) substances as withdrawal adjunctives.

With the above points and guidance in mind, you may discuss your use of medicines and illicit drugs as they pertain to benzodiazepine use and withdrawal. Additionally, please understand that because our focus is benzodiazepine withdrawal, the collective knowledge of our membership about drugs and medicines other than benzodiazepines will be limited. You should not expect, nor engage in, detailed support-orientated discussions about drugs or medicines other than benzodiazepines.

By suggesting that others should not trust doctors, psychiatrists and the medical profession as a whole, you potentially endanger other members and visitors to this forum. This is not an anti-doctor or anti-psychiatry website. Our members need their doctors, not only to supply them with prescriptions for benzodiazepines, but to meet their other medical needs too. In short, you are free to talk about the shortcomings in your own medical treatment, but make clear that you are talking about your personal experiences, and do not spread general anti-doctor or anti-psychiatrist sentiments. To do so is dangerous.

pianogirl

Further to what pianogirl has said, Obiez....please watch your language when posting on this forum. I've now had to modify several of you posts by removing profanity.

Please review the Rules of the forum, including this one:

You must not knowingly post false statements, nor obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful or threatening comments/material. No profanity - disguised or otherwise - is allowed. Additionally, your contributions must not violate the laws of the United Kingdom, the United States of America, or the laws of your own country.

More then fair. Thanks for the warning, and I will abide to the rules.

Just to clarify, if my post got the wrong point across. I am not anti doctor. Two of my best friends are doctors (who have helped me amens through my troubles). My point was more oriented to getting informed before taking.

As for glorifying illegal substances, I went to hell and back with them I wouldn't recommend them on my worst enemy, I was just stating a fact, which unfortunately is true from my accounts.