Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

SMASH

[Fl...]

Anybody a fan of the new TV series SMASH.?

Ok, I was watching the recorded version last night and saw where Ivy, the one hoping to be Marilyn has been prescribed -

Ambien

Xanax

Klonipin

And I think Ativan

She was using generic terms when telling a friend what she was taking, and I might have missed something.  Plus she's drinking.

I wish this could be a statement of sorts. I hope it doesn't turn into the typical star syndrome where she gets a little "help" and she's all better.

I'm thinking we should write to the shows writers/producers if they try to gloss it over.  I mean this girl is supposed to be portraying Marilyn, who did die from RX meds.

It's a great she if you like a bit of musical.

Flip

Thanks, flip

I never heard of it.  Marilyn Monroe was a confused, and exploited woman because of her looks, and almost childlike naivety.  will have to check it out.

hmmm, haven't heard of it either, and I watch alot of TV.  Did watch "A Week with Marilyn" but just couldn't wrap my brain around the actress they used, just not sexy anough, I have seen better dragqueens portray her. 

Will look out for "Smash" though.

YES! I was SO upset. I think they are trying to portray Ivy experiencing that of Marilyn's life…as if it's paralleling Marilyn's. Like she's gone so far as to start abusing prescription drugs and alcohol just like Marilyn. But wow, what a terrible portrayal. And to think of the wide age range watching that show and looking up to that character. It really makes me sick to my stomach.

I adore broadway and musicals, so I love this show. Just very disappointed in this.