Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

anydody els from CANADA

[ha...]

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ha...]

• [Ho...]

• [...]

• [Ho...]

I really loved it though.  I love Canadians.  I wish the U.S. watched Canada and followed their lead.  You have no idea the difference between our media.  I was there during the elections and found out more facts about the U.S. candidates from the Canadian news than what was broadcast in the states.  Plus far more tasteful.  I loved Shoppers Drug Mart too.  Best and cheapest skin care products ever!

Hi mbvv,

I lived in the States for nine years - midwest. I liked the people a lot. I had some really good friends, and really enjoyed being there. I did have troubles with a few things that were different. I guess at heart  I think I am really Canadian, though, so am glad to at home.

We are having our problems with politics, etc.......I guess everyone does.

I can't really stand watching T.V. for some reason so I have no idea what's going on in this country right now.  Terrible huh?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm  from Canada (calgary) 

I think the food and service in the American restaurants is so much better than in ours.

I haven't often been to the states but when I have been, I've found the people really friendly. Love it there.

One sort of strange thing I found was in Spokane. They had a festival called Pig Out Days. Seemed to be giant portions of you know carnival food and live bands. Loved it:)

Carol

Spring has barely begun here in Calgary.

Carol

• 3 weeks later...

On behalf of hanna, who proposed that I be allowed to become an honorary Canadian citizen, and to the others who so graciously concurred.  I want to wish all you wonderful Canadians a very pleasant Mother's Day.

pj

Hi everyone,

I am from Nova Scotia, just outside of Halifax.

Enjoy your day !!  Wishing you a window of relief.

Canuk

P.S.  I am embarassed that I spelled Canuk wrong :) when I picked a name....but I guess I was having some cog fog and not feeling myself at the time.  Still dont feel quite right yet.  The support and hearing other stories has certainly lessened my anxiety about how I am feeling.

I'm  from Canada (calgary) 

I think the food and service in the American restaurants is so much better than in ours.

I haven't often been to the states but when I have been, I've found the people really friendly. Love it there.

One sort of strange thing I found was in Spokane. They had a festival called Pig Out Days. Seemed to be giant portions of you know carnival food and live bands. Loved it:)

Carol

Spring has barely begun here in Calgary.

Carol

I found it the opposite.  Couldn't get the same great food in the USA that I can get at home.  I guess it must be the Newfie cooking lol :)

Wellness,

Thanks for that site. I get angry all over again when I think that what I have been through is so much a result of benzos. Then I want to get in touch with any group that knows about this, so that I can offer to be a research participant, advocate or anything!! Soon I will settle down to be glad that I am coming off of this drug. Glad to know BC is putting out information about this drug group.

Littlebones, That is just so polite. I was thinking even your name - Littlebones - is so Canadian, as we would rarely see ourselves as BIGBONES!!!!  ;D