Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

anydody els from CANADA

[ha...]

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ha...]

• [Ho...]

• [...]

• [Ho...]

Another East Coaster here--NL.

rmcd I was given Ativan for the same reason--getting on a plane and things got out of hand in March-April of 2009.

hockeygal - did you taper down?  How long have you been off?

I quit c/t. Not a good idea I know but I just wanted off.  I'll be off three years in 17 days! :)

Now seeing that we are all Canadians we all must like Hockey right lol?:)  Montreal is my team.

I'm from Canada. Hate to admit it but I'm from Toronto. I think it's enough punishment that I'm stuck with the the Leafs though, eh!

Bill

hey how did you guys do quitting the ativan c/t?

i did the same. 8 weeks off now

it gets better right?

it does.  I was a lot better at a couple of months off.

Hockey Boy it's not much better in Habs Ville lol! :) Two of those organizations should be ashamed of themselves.  Imagine the playoffs going to start in less than a month and the game's two most storied franchises not going to be there! :(

Hi everyone.  I am currently 6 weeks out of a cold turkey of ativan.  I am from near London.  I had a better day today but I still have some good and bad days.  Hope all is well with everyone.

You got it Hockey Gal...I think there's so much pressure on these big market teams That their fans won't allow them to rebuild properly so They trade draft picks for short term goals and it really doesn't work.

You got it Hockey Gal...I think there's so much pressure on these big market teams That their fans won't allow them to rebuild properly so They trade draft picks for short term goals and it really doesn't work.

yes Gauthier was fired today and the TML shouild take the hint and do it with Burke too.

You betcha...But I doubt it.

Burke certainly doesn't like Don Cherry but I think the feeling is mutual you know hahaha!:)  I saw Nazim Kadri play when he was here with the Marlies and he has a lot of things to do before he get to the NHL like start to pass the puck more and listen when his coaches speak to him.

Hockey Gal...The whole problem starts at the top with Tannenbaum, so everything we see was caused by his decisions. They need to move him out of the Chairman position and put a sports guy there. The fish rots from the head down, as they say.

[c7...]

Hi Everyone:

I live Ontario (near Toronto). I'm so glad I found you guys. Hoping to find more of us on here. Has anyone been or does anyone know someone who has gone to detox for benzos? I don't even know of one person. I even called our gov't run addiction centre for support groups and was told...what, you are tapering from benzos (lol). Unheard of here.

Anyway, no they don't have benzo-specific support groups but I can join the painkiller group. Yeah, okay, get right on it. I may go see a counseller at the addiction centre and see what they know about w/d from benzos...when I have the energy.

If someone does know of any support groups specifically for benzo w/d, I like to know about it. I haven't found anything yet.

The Leafs... my husband says that they should lose all the remaining games so that they get first draft picks. I'm not into hockey anymore since the Leafs have been losing year over year.

Danni :)

I think we should make pj an honourary Canadian!!!  :)  We don't even need to go through the Ministry of Immigration!

Since we are a country of consensus, what do you think, eh?

I think we should make pj an honourary Canadian!!!  :)  We don't even need to go through the Ministry of Immigration!

Since we are a country of consensus, what do you think, eh?

I think that's a good idea! :laugh: