Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Anyone have a crappy bf or alone in wd?

[sm...]

ok ladies, benzo belly has gone down a size:) I went from five months pregnant to 4 months pregnant, maybe three:)

Overnight??  Now tell us how! 

Congrats, put on something sexy, Mama!

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [sm...]

• [sa...]

• [...]

• [su...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure??I have been eating really clean lately because of my gluten intolerance, so less carbs, more veggies and fruit, no milk....I think sometimes it just flares up and then dies down, I'm sure it won't last:) I think I am going to work out now, see if that helps too!

Not sure??I have been eating really clean lately because of my gluten intolerance, so less carbs, more veggies and fruit, no milk....I think sometimes it just flares up and then dies down, I'm sure it won't last:) I think I am going to work out now, see if that helps too!

Is the gluten intolerance new?  My belly went away and came back too.  Can't wait til it's gone for good!  I heard it will go away.

Jeez, working out?  Good for you!  Let us know how it makes you feel.  Makes me feel like I have the flu which is a great excuse NOT to do it yet! 

Sunny- No, I actually had the gluten intolerance before, which was making me sick and anxious, which is why I started taking stupid benzo's to begin with.  But I just recently figured it out with my dr.

Working out usually helps, but to be honest, lately you are right, makes me feel like I have the flu.....I went for a 20 min walk, I think I am toast now:)

Sunny- No, I actually had the gluten intolerance before, which was making me sick and anxious, which is why I started taking stupid benzo's to begin with.  But I just recently figured it out with my dr.

Working out usually helps, but to be honest, lately you are right, makes me feel like I have the flu.....I went for a 20 min walk, I think I am toast now:)

Sarah,

Oh my!  Well glad you figured it out.  You are going to feel so much better once you're through this and on your gluten free diet!  Has it been overwhelming to learn it?  I have to follow a candida diet (that meant no refined sugars or complex carbs or headache triggers).  :'(  At first I was totally overwhelmed and lost.  What to eat, what not to eat...but I felt amazing once I jumped in and did it and it kicked in.   

Walking is supposed to be good for w/d.  Was it power walking?  I read that strenuous exercises stresses the adrenals, that's why the flu like feeling and revving of symptoms.  Wonder why it usually helped you and now it isn't though?  I guess just our stressed CNS systems from all the healing they're doing!  :yippee:  Wish they'd hurry up.

There are no good movies on!  I'm watching "Cracking your genetic code".  Not really Saturday night material!  I'm thinking cyber coladas for our next Fri...  :)

Sunny  :smitten:

Can I tell you how I can't get that LMFAO song outta my head today!    :D

Sunny-

HAHA, too funny.  That song is like always in my head haha:) I am completely overwhelmed with my new diet.  I was like what do I even eat now?  I also have candida, and low blood sugar so like quadruple whammy!  I still have juice because of my blood sugar, but I have cut down a lot.  I literally eat nothing but chicken and fruit and veggies and potatoes haha, thats it!

No, I just took a nice stroll:)  I actually ran the last five minutes for fun and to see what I can handle.  It is weird because up until a few weeks ago, it usually helped working out, now I don't know it just sucks.  I was reading about this guy on here who was able to work out his first month or two and then hit month three and four and just completely quit working out, he just couldn't do it.  That is kinda how I feel:) 

Shallow Hal is on right now on E!:)  Oh and Saturday Night Live. Yes, cyber coladas next Friday!!!That was fun:) Looking forward to actually getting out and having a real girls night!!!

Sarah :yippee: :yippee:

I went back and read all 16 pages and was cracking up!

First, a confession. I have a huge crush on Matthew Gray Gubler. I know, I know, he's totally dorky. That's why I love him! I may have a little Criminal Minds obsession going on as well.

Second, I'm interested in learning about what a candida diet is! I'm trying to move to mostly raw fruits, vegetables, and nuts- would that be compatible with a candida diet, or would the fruits sabotage it?

Third- I started walking up a canyon near my house after the breakup and am up to 3 miles per day now. It is lovely and I wish I had started it a long time ago! I was afraid I would overdo it, but I just started at about 1 mile and added in a bit each day. The goal is to eventually start running, but for now I'm loving walking.

Fourth- Sarahndippity- my favorite quote, "He who thinks he is the shit...is the shit." :2funny:

Now heading over to Hoss' blog to read up on his stories...

Libby

Sunny-

HAHA, too funny.  That song is like always in my head haha:) I am completely overwhelmed with my new diet.  I was like what do I even eat now?  I also have candida, and low blood sugar so like quadruple whammy!  I still have juice because of my blood sugar, but I have cut down a lot.  I literally eat nothing but chicken and fruit and veggies and potatoes haha, thats it!

No, I just took a nice stroll:)  I actually ran the last five minutes for fun and to see what I can handle.  It is weird because up until a few weeks ago, it usually helped working out, now I don't know it just sucks.  I was reading about this guy on here who was able to work out his first month or two and then hit month three and four and just completely quit working out, he just couldn't do it.  That is kinda how I feel:) 

Shallow Hal is on right now on E!:)  Oh and Saturday Night Live. Yes, cyber coladas next Friday!!!That was fun:) Looking forward to actually getting out and having a real girls night!!!

Sarah :yippee: :yippee:

Sarah,

Guess what I woke up singing?  :laugh:  I gotta stop talking about it or I'll never get it out of my head!

Geez girl!  That sucks!  I have the low blood sugar too, but only since w/d.  I think it will go away with everything else.  However, it has been a challenge figuring out what and how to eat.  I experimented with a hypoglycemia diet which is similar to a candida diet...but some of the foods I added (like peanut butter and wheat) flared my yeast symptoms.  :tickedoff:  So, back to the candida diet.  I'm just using more hypoglycemia rules, like protein with each meal, eating breakfast (that was a huge one for me), and small meals every 3 hours.  It seems to be working best to deal with both probs.  I keep juice in the fridge but haven't really had to use it now that I'm all kinda sorted out. 

I hope you still try walking.  Maybe it was the sprint at the end that sent you over the edge?  Once on a good day I tried raking - BIG mistake!

I can't wait to do a real girl's night!  But this is pretty good for now.  :)

Sunny- Isn't it crazy what this stuff can do to you?  I had low blood sugar before, but it seemed to get worse after.  Thats what I have to do, eat every three hours, it sucks, and can cause that confusion/brain fog feeling too.  Its hard to tell what is what at this point yano?  I'm like gluten? Candida? Blood sugar?  W/D.  Its good to know that other people have this problem too.  Crazy crazy.

That is so funny, I think what you need to do is have a jam out session with that song!  Just listen to it over and over until you get sick of it, maybe it will leave your head then:)

Yea I will keep walking, it helps me to just get out of the house:)  Lookin for a good movie....so far, nothin!

Sarah

I went back and read all 16 pages and was cracking up!

First, a confession. I have a huge crush on Matthew Gray Gubler. I know, I know, he's totally dorky. That's why I love him! I may have a little Criminal Minds obsession going on as well.

Second, I'm interested in learning about what a candida diet is! I'm trying to move to mostly raw fruits, vegetables, and nuts- would that be compatible with a candida diet, or would the fruits sabotage it?

Third- I started walking up a canyon near my house after the breakup and am up to 3 miles per day now. It is lovely and I wish I had started it a long time ago! I was afraid I would overdo it, but I just started at about 1 mile and added in a bit each day. The goal is to eventually start running, but for now I'm loving walking.

Fourth- Sarahndippity- my favorite quote, "He who thinks he is the shit...is the shit." :2funny:

Now heading over to Hoss' blog to read up on his stories...

Libby

Libby,

I love dorks!  Edward Norton fan here.  For some reason my tastes seem to be shifting to big manly guys lately though.  Maybe it's hormonal?  Or another symptom?  :laugh:

Fruits are fine in moderation.  Here are links to the candida diet I do.  It's VERY strict at first to starve the yeast, then you can reintroduce things back in.  But it sounds like you are eating pretty healthy already.  There were some things that didn't even occur to me had sugar - like condiments!  And you have to avoid most sugar substitutes too (stevia, xylitol and agave are okay).  It seems complex and overwhelming at first but I got the hang of it after I jumped in.  And I stopped craving sugar and unhealthy foods after the first couple of weeks!  If you try it, you may experience a herxheimer reaction for a couple days where toxins from the dying candida leak into the body.  It's actually a good sign.  Candex may help with that.  Once I was on this diet and past the reaction, I felt amazing!  I think it's is also good for inflammation because you aren't eating refined sugar.

[nobbc]http://www.thecandidadiet.com/candida-diet.htm[/nobbc]

[nobbc]http://www.yeastinfectionadvisor.com/candidadiet.html[/nobbc]

Candex is a popular plant based fiber digesting enzyme supplement (not a traditional anti-fungal) used to treat yeast.  I use it and it doesn't seem to rev any sx.  I'll need to start back on a pro biotic too.  <sigh>

[nobbc]http://www.pureessencelabs.com/Candex-candida_digestive_enzyme_supplement.html[/nobbc]

The sites are pretty strict and I found I didn't need to do EVERYTHING they said to get rid of my yeast and headaches but they are good guides and reference places.  I didn't do the cleanse.  I lost about 20 lbs total when I first did the diet (before w/d).  Am working on getting back on it but it's hard now because I often want comfort foods instead or I have no energy to prepare healthier stuff.  :(

3 miles?!  You go girl!  I'm jealous.  Maybe by summer I can join you.  <fingers crossed>

Welcome to the party Libby!  Hope the candida info is helpful to you. 

Sunny  :smitten:

Edit: commercial links deactivated

Suunygirl02- I laughed at what you wrote- First you said you liked dorks- then big tough guys- then said fruits are OK in moderation. Sorry I just laughed my ass off at this for some reason!

Suunygirl02- I laughed at what you wrote- First you said you liked dorks- then big tough guys- then said fruits are OK in moderation. Sorry I just laughed my ass off at this for some reason!

:clap:

Sarah thank you so much for the info! I'm off to research it now. I think I have a pretty serious candida issue going on. I'm still so tired much of the time, headaches, cog-fog, and the latest since I went off birth control two months ago is acne. !!?! I'm over it!  :D Thanks again!

Libby

Sarah- bwahahahahahahaha, I just peed my pants that is the funniest one of hers I have ever seen!  I love that girl!

Sunny- Isn't it crazy what this stuff can do to you?  I had low blood sugar before, but it seemed to get worse after.  Thats what I have to do, eat every three hours, it sucks, and can cause that confusion/brain fog feeling too.  Its hard to tell what is what at this point yano?  I'm like gluten? Candida? Blood sugar?  W/D.  Its good to know that other people have this problem too.  Crazy crazy.

That is so funny, I think what you need to do is have a jam out session with that song!  Just listen to it over and over until you get sick of it, maybe it will leave your head then:)

Yea I will keep walking, it helps me to just get out of the house:)  Lookin for a good movie....so far, nothin!

Sarah

Sarah,

Lol, so true.  It'll be nice to sort it all out once I get through w/d. 

Noooo....I might NEVER get it out of my head if I did that!  Maybe some day though, crazier things have happend.  I'm sexy and I know it!!

I'm watching an Unfinished Life w/ J-lo right now.  Kinda slow but it's the only things that's on...blah.

Flea,

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:  Thank you, I think I just peed a little too! 

Guess that makes me an equal opportunity lover?

Sarah thank you so much for the info! I'm off to research it now. I think I have a pretty serious candida issue going on. I'm still so tired much of the time, headaches, cog-fog, and the latest since I went off birth control two months ago is acne. !!?! I'm over it!  :D Thanks again!

Libby

Libby,

You're welcome!  I think you were talking to me?  I'm not a Sarah, it's confusing 'cause there are a bunch of them here.  But hey, call me whatever ya want!  Been called worse.  ;)

I'm coming off hormones now too...cause of the cross tolerance to benzos.  <sigh>  Hurry up and wait...  :D 

Good luck!

Sunny (aka Sarah?)

Along Came Polly, comedy central...thats about it....

I know I can not wait to be done with wd, so I can tell what is going on with me! Sunny- what do you take for candida??

Along Came Polly, comedy central...thats about it....

I know I can not wait to be done with wd, so I can tell what is going on with me! Sunny- what do you take for candida??

Wish I got some good channels.  Basic cable is not enough for w/d!  I only get like 10 channels.  Have become best friends with Netflix and Hulu.

I take Candex.  It's a popular plant based fiber digesting enzyme supplement.  Better in many ways than antifungals.  I use it and it doesn't seem to rev any sx.  I'll need to start back on a pro biotic too.  I was taking one before but during a bad wave I went off most of my supplements because I didn't know which were making things worse.  The Candex link is above in my last post to Libby if you want to read about it.  We're all going to be health professionals when this is said and done!

Sunny! I heard about that!!! Yes sugar is toxic!!! Our little bodies were not made to process the stuff that is made today!  Thanks for putting this up, I am going to check it out:)