Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

If you could change whatever you wanted to, what would it be?

[...]

Just curious,Wise.  Do you belong to Mensa?  with your IQ, passing their test should be a breeze.

edit..  removed link to Mensa

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [Wi...]

• [jo...]

• [Fl...]

Just curious,Wise.  Do you belong to Mensa?  with your IQ, passing their test should be a breeze.

Mensa me?!? Well actually I'm considered the stupid one in my family, (as in, your brother and sister are really smart, it's a good thing you have such nice hair lol) so I never thought to check.  But that is quite a compliment.  Thank you.

When I was about 22. I wasn't on any pills at all (I never even knew what benzos were) and I was so fit and healthy and in shape, in fact loads of girls thought I was a male model lol.

I miss those times. I'm a real state now.  :laugh:

I would build a time machine, and then go back in time and prevent myself from ever building a time machine. Then I would write a book about paradox.

I would build a time machine, and then go back in time and prevent myself from ever building a time machine. Then I would write a book about paradox.

Interesting!

MessedUp, when I was in my 20s I was the same way. I had the perfect body and was beautiful even though I had just gone through a divorce and had young kids. I worked out several times a week. I was able to handle a full time job and didn't know what benzo's were either. I always thought people who were addicted to drugs could just stop anytime if they were smart. I miss those days when every Saturday night we would go out partying and dancing at the bar. I always felt great! Today my kids are grown up except the teenagers and I have put on about 40 lbs from this benzo thing going on. I still have my looks (just a little older) and my long dark hair so I feel blessed in that department but I want my good health back. I want to be benzo free and be able to work out, drop the pounds, go back to work and be normal again. I am remarried and happy but I feel like I have a dark cloud hanging over me all the time. Staying at about age 25 would have been perfect because I was drug free.

I would eliminate fossil fuel from existence. We would have adapted to a world without it. Imagine?  Think about our issues in the world now?

No that i am on a roll:

Eliminate slavery from our past....

Make people get a permit to have a child. They would have to show thatr they could be good parents and support the kids. (world wide) Be no need for all the charity for the kids of kids of kids that should not have been born.

Of course get rid of politicians.

Make people get a permit to have a child. They would have to show thatr they could be good parents and support the kids. (world wide) Be no need for all the charity for the kids of kids of kids that should not have been born.

Amen to that. Too many kids are born into homes to parents that can't afford to buy a parenting book let alone provide for the children.

Amen to that. Too many kids are born into homes to parents that can't afford to buy a parenting book let alone provide for the children.

I wholeheartedly agree!  And what's with these people having 10-20 kids? Come on.

I wholeheartedly agree!  And what's with these people having 10-20 kids? Come on.

My hubbies family and many of our friends are amish and menonite and they have huge families, they are the only ones I have met who can actualy afford and take care of them without assistance.Though it is beyond me why one would want that many children.

My hubbies family and many of our friends are amish and menonite and they have huge families, they are the only ones I have met who can actualy afford and take care of them without assistance.Though it is beyond me why one would want that many children.

For both the Amish and Menonites there has historically been good reason for this.  But the Duggards on TV?!? Just because you can doesn't mean you should. ya know?

Jo,

I have friends who live near an Amish community, who i try to visit every summer.  I got to know the Amish quite well, and admire their self relient ways. 

I will always carry with me, the image of that cute litle girl, wearing her bonnet, peering out from behind a cow, and wondering who was this strange guy wearing a Green Bay Packers jersey.

MessedUp, when I was in my 20s I was the same way. I had the perfect body and was beautiful even though I had just gone through a divorce and had young kids. I worked out several times a week. I was able to handle a full time job and didn't know what benzo's were either. I always thought people who were addicted to drugs could just stop anytime if they were smart. I miss those days when every Saturday night we would go out partying and dancing at the bar. I always felt great! Today my kids are grown up except the teenagers and I have put on about 40 lbs from this benzo thing going on. I still have my looks (just a little older) and my long dark hair so I feel blessed in that department but I want my good health back. I want to be benzo free and be able to work out, drop the pounds, go back to work and be normal again. I am remarried and happy but I feel like I have a dark cloud hanging over me all the time. Staying at about age 25 would have been perfect because I was drug free.

When I was that young I never knew that prescription drugs were dangerous. I thought the same as you that people who got addicted were drugs off the streets, not in a drs surgery.

Alot of people I know now still only think that you can get addicted to stuff like heroin, not something that helps you sleep at night.

I guess the best thing about learning this (even if it is the hard way) is warning others. An old friend was given valium by his dr and never knew and I forced him every way I could to throw them down the toilet.

Having said that, I still miss those days of pill free naivety.

I would get rid of suffering. Period. Any and all kinds, if I was in charge.

Too much of it in the world.

ANd yes, get rid of the Kardashians as someone else posted.  They make our country look shallow and stupid. Oh wait a minute...... :)

I would like to stand up in front of the Doctors of the world, and educate them on 1. Only using these drugs for what they were intended. 2. How to make sure that people that are tapering are given a realistic taper plan agreed and in place. Most GP's I know and have visited have no idea of the debilitating affect they have on millions of peoples lives around the world, or how to effectively taper people off them. I had to educate my own GP on how to reduce as she made me reduce to c/o way to quick because she had no idea what she was doing causing me more unnecessary suffering going C/T. 3. Make the state, introduce a massive windfall tax, on the billions of pounds they make each year, whilst we all suffer and use the money to have proper facilities in place to help 'Accidental Addicts' such as many of the BB on here, to help them recover with the least amount of suffering.

If you think the bankers in the UK are getting obscene amounts of bonuses, despite the banks they work losing billions of tax payers money, then consider the pharmaceutical CEO's and share holders and I guarantee that they are being paid way more in bonuses than the bankers are. But as they are not blamed for the world's economic meltdown, they simply slip under the radar.

All The Colours in the Rainbow....

Zipper 

"NIL DESPERANDUM CARBURUNDUM

ILLEGITAMI"

I had 7 kids and although we struggled, I don't know what I would do without them and they turned out to be decent adults. I only have my teenagers left at home now.

PJ wrote: Jo,

I have friends who live near an Amish community, who i try to visit every summer.  I got to know the Amish quite well, and admire their self relient ways. 

I will always carry with me, the image of that cute litle girl, wearing her bonnet, peering out from behind a cow, and wondering who was this strange guy wearing a Green Bay Packers jersey.

PJ

Our sect isn't so sequestered and are around the world more so the kids aren't so wary of outsiders, but so many others are. The sect up the road here, we dont belong to them just sometimes attend meeting, are totaly seperated and the kids don't even know what the mall is, alot of them have never even been into Walmart in Lafayette. They get pretty excited when I take them gum. One of my friends is so funny, she won't ride in my car and we have to take her buggy. But she will take the van when they run into lafayette. We have a joke with our friends about them trying to decide when to light the lamp in the evening. They both go back and forth for about 15 minutes asking each other "should we light the lamp gee I dont know should we light the lamp?" So we end up sitting in the dark. We left the Faith some years ago, lifestyle just wasn't our thing and we are now in the Ban. The kids are pretty cute and they work real hard.

Josephine

I am married to an ex Hutterite. He left the colony years ago. They are pretty close to the lifestyle of the Amish.

Kim

I think they are from what I know of them.

Josephine

No problem Laura! As long as we are dreaming I think I'll invent a big car wash brush that comes down out of the ceiling and cleans the bathroom and then a huge fan to dry everything to a gleam!  :yippee: