Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

My Introduction on Google

[ss...]

I just queried my Benzo Buddies introduction post, "New Member Tapering from Xanax," in Google and was able to pull up and read my (and other members) posts in their entirety. (I searched:" Benzo Buddies> forum> Introductions> New Member Tapering from Xanax)." I was not logged in to Benzo Buddies when I made the query. How is this possible? I thought this information was secure and only accessible by members. Are members posts on all boards accessible by non-members? 

Steve

BenzoBuddies was a private forum long ago but the owner, Colin, thought more people could get more information if they could read the contents of the forum without necessarily becoming a member. In fact, most of our members read the content as a guest for a while before joining. I did.