Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Need winter gardening help ASAP

[re...]

Hey BB's I have a winter garden, cabbage, brussel sprouts, broccoli, etc. It is doing great. Tonight our temps are going to the mid 30s  or freezing for the first time. Do I need to cover the garden? I hate to lose what is growing.

Thanks!

Hi rfb

cabbage, brussel sprouts, and broccoli are all real hardy plants, and can tolerate a frost.  If the temp drops into the twenties, you would want them to be covered.

Good luck!

Hi rfb

cabbage, brussel sprouts, and broccoli are all real hardy plants, and can tolerate a frost.  If the temp drops into the twenties, you would want them to be covered.

Good luck!

thanks for that info. appreciate it.

HI, If you have sweed, parsnips turnips and any other root veg the frost helps to sweeten them, your outer leaves of the cabbage might  go a bit dark but they will protect the inner ones, Hope this is of some help to you, let meknow how you go on, love gardening but cant do it now, due to arthritis, just have a few flowers in pots. good luck. Viv. :)