Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Songs you like?

[pe...]

• 2 weeks later...

This song is really helping me get thru this. One of the members is our Pastors nephew..

A very inspiring song!  :thumbsup:

Sassy

Thank you Sassy. I'm thrilled someone listened to it.

• 3 weeks later...

PJ,

here is a castrati soprano. The one I wanted to post I can't find on utube. the catstrati sopranos were young boys who were castrated to retain their soprano voices, this was done by the catholic church. I only know of 6 actual castratis in the worls at this time. They sound like women. Enjoy!

Josephine

"Se l'augellin sen fugge" from La Finta Giardiniera, by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.

PJ,

here is a castrati soprano. The one I wanted to post I can't find on utube. the catstrati sopranos were young boys who were castrated to retain their soprano voices, this was done by the catholic church. I only know of 6 actual castratis in the worls at this time. They sound like women. Enjoy!

Josephine

"Se l'augellin sen fugge" from La Finta Giardiniera, by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.

Thanks Josephine,

I enjoy mozart, but it pains me to watch this man, knowing how he got that voice.  I guess Maria Callas, and Luciano Pavarotti are more to my liking, and of course, Strauss.

PJ

This man hasn't been castrated. He has trained his voice to sing like this.

I like so many differant composers it is hard to choose a favorite. I have listened to Tellaman and Mozart so much I can pretty much recognize their music. Have you ever listened to Stamitz? I think you would like him.

Josephine

PJ

This man hasn't been castrated. He has trained his voice to sing like this.

I like so many differant composers it is hard to choose a favorite. I have listened to Tellaman and Mozart so much I can pretty much recognize their music. Have you ever listened to Stamitz? I think you would like him.

Josephine

Brain fog!  I should have realized that he wasn't, since castration was outlawed decades ago.  I put a link to Karl Stamitz.  I really enjoy this one.  It is so relaxing and soothing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Edygwqp0uyo

Thank you, Josephine