Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Laughter is the best medicine

[Fl...]

Hello! I'm pretty new here. Was a Trap member. There we had an impromptu thread for laughter.

I hope we can do that here as laughter is so healing.  When I laugh, I can sleep. When I don't laugh, I don't sleep.  So let me start it off with a funny thing that happened yesterday just before the Trap closed.

One of the senior members sent me a private message, very innocently asking,

"Flip, I'm just curious. Why are you pretending to be a woman?"

Well, I am a woman and always have been. So I pondered a while, wondering if she was serious. I sent a message back saying, "I am a woman. Is it the generic name that is confusing?"

Quickly a message came back "You can't be a woman, you've said you are five feet, eleven inches and wear a size eleven shoe !"

I explained my whole family is tall, I was tall and I was a woman. Maybe this is those you-had-to-be-there moments, but to me, it was hilarious.  :laugh:

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [pe...]

• [Fl...]

• [...]

• [la...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats brilliant Flip.... :laugh:

I was in the health food store today and paying for my groceries.

Mark behind the counter said,  "When did you get a dog?"

Me, "No mark I didn't".

Mark, " Well whats on the end of the lead then"?

Me" I don't have a lead".

Mark, "Yes you do."

He laughed pretty hard when he realized it was the strap from my hand bag...  Maybe you had to be there also, but it gave me a laugh!

Welcome Fliprain,

I thought this was kinda funny, if a person follows politics, or even if they don't.

After watching some of the Republican presidential candidate's debate last week I just had to post the following:

A man went in for a brain transplant operation and was offered a choice of two brains by the surgeon. He could choose either the Architect's brain which would cost him $10,000 or the Politician's which was $100,000.

"Does that mean that the politician's brain is much better than the Architect's?" exclaimed the clearly puzzled man.

"not exactly" replied the surgeon, "the politician's has never been used."

Fuunnny, Rachel!!  :laugh: I can just see that!

Last time I was at the lab getting a bunch of blood drawn I got called up to the window for my birth date.

The receptionist was so cool, especially when I  was a little snitty with her, saying "I put it on the form!"

She said, "Yes, I have a date in the blank but I didn't think you were born today!"

See a line that says date, put today's date in it!  :D

I got a belly laugh out of that one!

Thanks for finding me here, Rachel!

PJ, thank you for your contribution!  :laugh:

Politicians don't really have to use their brains! I mean they rarely even open their own car door! I wonder if presidents remember how to drive after being in office a while? They don't cook, they don't clean. They just make speeches - usually the same one over and over. Oh, and they have to smile, a lot! Do you think they are on benzos and never plan to taper?

PJ I hope you don't mind, I cut and pasted the saying of what begins always ends from your blog today. It seemed appropriate for we trap incomers.

I hope the fun will continue. I feel better when I laugh.

Our newly arrived Laura and Margarita and, sometimes me, have trouble with tears running down our legs when we get too tickled!

PJ, thank you for your contribution!  :laugh:

Politicians don't really have to use their brains! I mean they rarely even open their own car door! I wonder if presidents remember how to drive after being in office a while? They don't cook, they don't clean. They just make speeches - usually the same one over and over. Oh, and they have to smile, a lot! Do you think they are on benzos and never plan to taper?

PJ I hope you don't mind, I cut and pasted the saying of what begins always ends from your blog today. It seemed appropriate for we trap incomers.

I hope the fun will continue. I feel better when I laugh.

Our newly arrived Laura and Margarita and, sometimes me, have trouble with tears running down our legs when we get too tickled!

Laughter, along with a positive attitude,  really is the best medicine, Fliprain

I'm glad you could use some of what I had written :)

I hope you and all your friends from trap, have a rewarding and positive experience at BB.

Jrvmc thank you for the link! It looks fun. ;D

Alex girl, you'll get your rhythm tomorrow. Go to bed. It's been a rough couple of days for you!

Flip  :-*

Here's one Flip,

After tucking their 3 year old child Sammy in bed one night, his parents heard sobbing coming from his room.

Rushing back in, they found him crying hysterically. He managed to tell them that he had swallowed a penny, and he was sure he was going to die. No amount of talking was helping.

His father, in an attempt to calm him down, palmed a penny from his pocket and pretended to pull it from Sammy's ear. Sammy was delighted.

In a flash, he snatched it from his father's hand, swallowed it, and then cheerfully demanded, "Do it again, Dad!"  :D

At school, a boy is told by a classmate that most adults are hiding at least one dark secret, and that this makes it very easy to blackmail them by saying, "I know the whole truth" even when you don't know anything.

The boy decides to go home and try it out. As he is greeted by his mother at the front door he says, "I know the whole truth." His mother quickly hands him $20 and says, "Just don't tell your father."

Quite pleased, the boy waits for his father to get home from work, and greets him with, "I know the whole truth." The father promptly hands him $40 and says, "Please don't say a word to your mother."

Very pleased, the boy is on his way to school the next day, when he sees the mailman at his front door. The boy greets him by saying, "I know the whole truth."

The mailman drops the mail, opens his arms and says, "Then come give your FATHER a big hug!"

Thank you pj!

This one made me smile.

The Student Obtained a 0% on this exam….I would have given him a 100%......

Q1. In which battle did Napoleon die? * his last battle

Q2. Where was the Declaration of Independence signed? * at the bottom of the page

Q3. River Ravi flows in which state? * liquid

Q4. What is the main reason for divorce? * marriage

Q5. What is the main reason for failure? * exams

Q6. What can you never eat for breakfast? * Lunch & dinner

Q7. What looks like half an apple? * The other half

Q8. If you throw a red stone into the blue sea what it will become? * It will simply become wet

Q9. How can a man go eight days without sleeping ? * No problem, he sleeps at night.

Q10. How can you lift an elephant with one hand? * You will never find an elephant that has only one hand.

Q11. If you had three apples and four oranges in one hand and four apples and three oranges in other hand, what would you have ? * Very large hands

Q12. If it took eight men ten hours to build a wall, how long would it take four men to build it? * No time at all, the wall is already built.

Q13. How can u drop a raw egg onto a concrete floor without cracking it? *Any way you want, concrete floors are very hard to crack.

I cannot resist this. I know I'm new here but this is too funny not to share. This story came out during lunch with my 90 year old Mom, yesterday.

Mom was in a public restroom a few years back and realized too late that the toilet tissue dispenser was empty. So she fished around in her purse and found a tissue.  It wasn't until she pulled up her pants and started trying to walk that she remembered she had spit used gum in that tissue and guess what? The gum was no longer on the tissue. One guess where it was!  :2funny:

I laughed so hard I think there really were tears running down my leg. We embarrassed hubby.  :laugh:

I cannot resist this. I know I'm new here but this is too funny not to share. This story came out during lunch with my 90 year old Mom, yesterday.

Mom was in a public restroom a few years back and realized too late that the toilet tissue dispenser was empty. So she fished around in her purse and found a tissue.  It wasn't until she pulled up her pants and started trying to walk that she remembered she had spit used gum in that tissue and guess what? The gum was no longer on the tissue. One guess where it was!  :2funny:

I laughed so hard I think there really were tears running down my leg. We embarrassed hubby.  :laugh:

LOL x

Well thanks, K., but if course they aren't all my jokes.

I love to laugh and have people laugh with me!! Now we are waiting on yours!  ;D

Here are some funny names of towns, that may give people a laugh.

BugTussle, TN

Knockemstiff, OH

Screwdriver, MS

Hot Coffee, MS

Chickenbone, MS

monkey's Eyebrow, KY

Ham and Sandwich, Kent

Wetwang With Fimber, Yorkshire

St.Louis de Ha! Ha!, Quebec

Frying Pan Landing, NC

And now, for the weirdest name of all ( drum roll please )..............

LLANFAIRPWLLGWYNGYLLGOGERYCHWYRNDROBWLLLLANTYSILIOGOGOGOCH, Anglesy, Wales