Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

What are you listening to?

[...]

Hi Folks:

I've been really inspired by a couple of new-ish albums lately and thought I would share my thoughts and see what everyone else is listening to.  I find music to be so theraputic on many levels.  When I am dreading going to work and I crank up my car stereo on the drive in, I feel so much better.  Lying in bed dealing with a bout of insomnia isn't fun, but even though blasting music through my headphones isn't conducive when one is trying to sleep - for me at least it gives me some good feelings.

So here's my latest choices.  I should point out that I haven't listened to anything 'new' in ages... and have been getting into older stuff.  I just LOVE Steely Dan,  and I was nuts over the Eagles stuff in particular their most recent album - Long Road out of Eden.  But my top three for right now would be  - in no particular order:-

Sheryl Crow - DETOURS  -  just downloaded this the other night.  Sheryl is the real deal  - all round musician, song writer and great vocalist. 

SMV - THUNDER.  - Stanley Clarke, Marcus Miller & Victor Wooten - three of the baddest bass players on the planet.  ( Going to see them at the Hollywood Bowl on Wednesday_

Melissa Etheridge - AWAKENING:  Not all the tracks are great but there are a couple of real gems... in particular "California" & "What about Tomorrow'.  - Going to see her at The Greek on Friday and that will probably be the end of my summer of concerts :-(

There's a ton of other stuff of course, but I just wanted to give a shout out to these three in particular. 

What are YOU listening to?

Bryn

Ever since this whole benzo thing started I've rarely been able to listen to my favorite music - rock is just too much for me right now :(. (Although I did enjoy Leona Lewis and Jimmy Paige at the Olympics closing ceremony last night  :))

Soooo....I listen to classical music mostly right now as it is calming. Love Vivaldi's Four Seasons and most of what the local classical radio station plays.

I'm looking forward to returning to my rock 'n' roll roots after I'm benzo free!

Lynne

• 6 years later...

At this moment?

The sound of a squawky house cat who is INSISTING that he hasn't been fed.  Despite the can on the floor licked clean appearance.