Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Any of you meet friends, Boyfriend, Girlfriend while on the Benzo?

[Bi...]

• 4 weeks later...

Benzo withdrawal or just on benzos?  I'd imagine people wouldn't want to meet someone during the time in your life when they're probably less than charming.  :sick:

LOL she was wrong. She was very wrong. ^^^

I met my current bf while on the klonopin 9 years ago. We're still together.  :laugh: He stuck with me throughout the entire process.

One thing I like about gay couples. They seem to stick together through bad times -- sometimes moreso than straight couples. 

Benzo withdrawal or just on benzos?  I'd imagine people wouldn't want to meet someone during the time in your life when they're probably less than charming.  :sick:

LOL she was wrong. She was very wrong. ^^^

I met my current bf while on the klonopin 9 years ago. We're still together.  :laugh: He stuck with me throughout the entire process.

One thing I like about gay couples. They seem to stick together through bad times -- sometimes moreso than straight couples.

I agree. Does getting a divorce while on benzos count? I think I'll stick with WWWI and be her DVR player at Best Buy. Does that mean we are engaged, WWWI? :laugh:

I stopped telling my story to people.. whether they have been old friends or new people I encounter.  Dating is the furthest thing from my mind.  Since I've been going thru this for a few years, I have dated a couple times and when I started to feel comfortable, I would reveal the story to the person I was dating..not to drag them in so they could be a support but just so they were aware.  Sadly it always backfired and they viewed me as mental and noncompliant with doctor orders.  I have two close friends who know I'm doing this but I don't call them or report progress to them.  I guess I got jaded and decided to keep it to myself (or share here where others can relate) . 

i wasnt dating anyone at first while my health was bad and i started xanax a lil time went by and i met the most wonderfull boyfriend . sometimes i wonder if xanax never exisited in my life i couldve been dating someone else and i wouldve not met my current boyfriend im dating now ? so i look at that as a + when it comes to my xanax days !