Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

the BenzoBuddies yearbook

[...]

Would you like to ....... 

add a comment or two in the BenzoBuddies yearbook.........you may want to mention some of the silly things you talked about, or how you miss someone you did not get to say goodbye to.

Remember the yearbook from your High School?  Or maybe like me, you would rather forget.  Those pictures were something else.

To "open" our yearbooks, and once again, see the names of our friends and read their comments about how we dreamed together, and how we laughed together over the silly stuff, and how we were so concerned when someone was in pain and hurting, and needed to hear a kind word.  I will never forget my days of hanging out with the wonderful and so very kind and understanding folks at the great BenzoBuddies forums.

To have all our buddie's names and our memories of them in one special place will be like having a family reunion every time we open our BenzoBuddies yearbook.

If any members from the past happen to read this thread, please add your name, and if you like, a comment or two.

Thank you

pj

hanna,

Whenever i see a chicken crossing the road, or if one should ever be hanging around my kitchen :laugh:, i will always think of you and the 'chicken thread'. :smitten:

pj

Wait, PJ. I never realized our anniversaries are only 4 days apart. Happy one year!

Sunny71 and Kimba and the Mouth Noises Club o_O

Can you believe it princezz?, a year has gone by!  Sometimes it seem like an eternity, then again, it seems like only yesterday.  Happy 1 year to you too :)

jaso19... aka Jenny, Aka Joisey Girl.  :)

I just had to acknowledge you in the BenzoBuddies yearbook.  Take good care of yourself, kind friend. 

I have not seen your name  on the forums for awhile.  I imagine you are livin' live and enjoying your kids.

Squeegy.......I never met you, but i enjoyed reading your blog.  Your sense of humor and writing style are unforgettable.

Kat175

I wonder what happened to you after you left.  I know you had some personal issues to deal with.  Hope things turned out good for you.  We were so close in age.  You are missed.

Luv, Poplady

Whoopsie, Pam-Puddin', Gracie and Sunny girl,

Halloween night will never be quite the same for me again after this last one with you crazy people!  :laugh:

Thank you so much for the fun and the great memory.  It was awesome!  That night you gave me back a piece of myself that I thought was lost. 

Love you all so much,

:smitten:

Lily

Kat175 and travuz......I hope you guys are doing ok.

I look back, with such fond memories, of how much fun it was when we were doing the let's write a book.

Cupcake,  how can i ever forget that Saturday afternoon when we did the question and answer thread for hours.  I was pretty deep in withdrawals then, and for that afternoon, i felt almost normal because of all the fun we had.

You guys take care.  You all are so very kind.

pj

What a great idea - I have wondered what has happened to so many people who were always there cheering me on and then just disappeared.  I hope you all are well:  Teakettle, TC, LindaK, Stevie, Woodrowe, L123 and to the others whom I did not have a real relationship with - Squeegy, That'snotmy truck, Softtail, and too many others to remember - I wish you all a wonderful life.  And if you ever come back to check on the forum, please stop by and say hello and remind us of what life is like on the other side of withdrawal.....and to those of you who are still here, struggling to get well, that I just don't correspond with because I just don't have tne energy to get around the board - Leena, DancingintheRain, Saraann, Perseverance, Wellness, CMGMelo, Damaged123, FloridaLady, and Vertigo and many of my other good friends who have supported me - thank you all so much.  Love you all!

Hoping2BFree

....and of course I forgot so many kind and caring folks when I listed the names above - Bittersweet - never forget you, never.

and LAH - we've had many many discussions, and summermeadow with your trove of information that you share with all of us.  I thought I would be doing this when I was leaving the forum and thanking evryone, but just want to say thank you to all of you now.....in the Yearbook!

Hoping

What a great idea - I have wondered what has happened to so many people who were always there cheering me on and then just disappeared.  I hope you all are well:  Teakettle, TC, LindaK, Stevie, Woodrowe, L123 and to the others whom I did not have a real relationship with - Squeegy, That'snotmy truck, Softtail, and too many others to remember - I wish you all a wonderful life.  And if you ever come back to check on the forum, please stop by and say hello and remind us of what life is like on the other side of withdrawal.....and to those of you who are still here, struggling to get well, that I just don't correspond with because I just don't have tne energy to get around the board - Leena, DancingintheRain, Saraann, Perseverance, Wellness, CMGMelo, Damaged123, FloridaLady, and Vertigo and many of my other good friends who have supported me - thank you all so much.  Love you all!

Hoping2BFree

I started this because i wanted a place where members could come to and remember their time spent at BenzoBuddies.  Our time spent here has impacted us all in so many different ways, and we miss those who have left.  To have them come back and post a few words about how they are doing in their lives away from here would be reassuring and comforting.

• 3 weeks later...

I just had to acknowledge you in the BenzoBuddies yearbook.  Take good care of yourself, kind friend. 

I have not seen your name  on the forums for awhile.  I imagine you are livin' live and enjoying your kids.

Squeegy.......I never met you, but i enjoyed reading your blog.  Your sense of humor and writing style are unforgettable.

PJ...Aww I just wanted to say thank you for noticeing ive been gone for a bit .I think its so nice of you to acknowledge me in the BB year Book  :smitten: So nice

Yay, Hope ur getting better PJ! Have the most Blessed and Healed New Year Ur a 1 of a kind

~Jenny

PJ...Aww I just wanted to say thank you for noticeing ive been gone for a bit .I think its so nice of you to acknowledge me in the BB year Book  :smitten: So nice

Yay, Hope ur getting better PJ! Have the most Blessed and Healed New Year Ur a 1 of a kind

~Jenny

Jenny,  :)

What a sweet surprise it was to find you in the yearbook, i was hoping i would.  I am so happy for you, you really had a tough time with those nasty withdrawals.

I if hadn't done a c/t, i would probably be 100% healed, but i'm at about 80%, and that ain't so bad!

You're one of a kind too, Jenny....... take good care of yourself, Joisey goil!

pj

I hope you are doing alright, vancouvergirl.  It was so much fun when we were doing the silly, build a house, and I learned that you had done barrel racing, and had a horse named Chassidy.

pj 

Many new members from trap have joined us in the last day or two, and have quickly become apart of this wonderful community.  We are so pleased to have them here.

Wow.  I didn't realize how many people I "knew" in cyber land and haven't seen in a while.  With chat being gone, it's harder to remain connected. 

If nothing ever changed, there'd be no butterflies.  ~Author Unknown

What a powerful, profound statement conveyed with such simplicity.  When reading this, I felt compelled to share it with others.

• 4 weeks later...

Hollylejeune,

I never talked with you, but I read all of your posts.  A more kind and loving person I have never known.  You were struggling so mightily to overcome all that had been thrust upon you in your young life.

Yet, you always had a smile, and loving words of appreciation, and encouragement to all who answered your posts.  What a warm, loving, beautiful person.  You are now an Angel among Angels,  who has left part of your beautiful soul with every life that you have touched.

Those we love don't go away.  They walk beside us every day, unseen,  unheard, but always near.

This is from a thread i did a few months ago.  I wanted to add it here because i know that many members,  past and present,  feel this way.

I have read hundreds of old postings from the past three and four years, and have often wondered what has become of the kind, understanding people who cried together, laughed together, and shared their deepest thoughts together. To read the back and forth banter between one member and another, is fascinating and inspiring. I have to marvel at the fact, that complete strangers, in the blink of an eye, became kindred spirits. What a befitting testimony to our capacity as humans, to love and appreciate one another.

We can become so enamored with certain members that when they leave, we are left with an emptiness and sadness that cannot be easily explained.  When I read about a gentle person who would become so terribly anxious at the thought of having to drive across that long, scary bridge to visit her Mother, and the very sad ending that eventually ensued, It bothered me for a very long time.

It's hard to explain, but while reading those postings from many years ago, I felt like I was treading on sacred territory, and could almost 'feel' the presence of the authors, who wrote all those heartfelt words to each other.

We have to be happy for the ones who have left, because in their own unique way, they have found all that had been lost, and are back in the world, living life again, in the way it is meant to be lived. The day will come when, we too, will be living life again, in the way it is meant to be lived.

• 2 weeks later...

To all Present, Past, and Future moderators:  This place in the yearbook is for you, and all that you do.

I just cannot emphasize it enough that the moderators here are all volunteers.  Some are still healing, and others are working full time jobs.

If it were not for the moderators, this site would become like a rudderless ship lost at

sea, and eventually would disappear, as so many other Benzo support sites have.

Respect for one another is paramount if this unique site is to remain the safe haven that it has always been, and hopefully, always will be for those seeking refuge from Benzodiazepine withdrawal.

The moderators, and all the BB staff, just like the rest of us, have days where they can become discouraged, and are tempted, I imagine, to 'throw in the towel', and do something else with their lives.

But, they are a special kind of person.  They put their desire to helps others above

what they must sacrifice in their personal lives in order to keep this site from becoming like so many other Benzo support sites became, and eventually ceased to exist.

Because people are healing, and are overly tired, and stressed out, of course there are going to be times when discussions can become heated, and words are spoken that can be misconstrued, and leave us with hurt feelings, and confusion. 

This is when it is so important to have understanding and patient moderators to put things on an even keel again.  We are fortunate to have such moderators here at BenzoBuddies.

edit..spelling

The party thread guys HAVE to be in the yearbook!  8)

What a barrelful of laughs!!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: 

Thanks to all who contributed to the fun and laughs. flip, laura, magrita, zipper, charlie, summermeadow, sara norris, Olddave, Billy F, STILLbelieving, pembsspark, Betsy, WiseWomanWithIssues, redevan, 13SKWA19,and jrvmc.  Forgive me if I omitted anyone.

I am just adding myself to your yearbook if thats ok, I have just started my journey and think I will be here for awhile, I try already to give others support as I have found benzo buddies to be a wonderful forum with so many helpful friendly folks, I am sure if I actually met any one of you in the world out there that I would be happy to call you friend :smitten: Ladygrace