Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

is it possible to start a c/t thread?

[de...]

i don't mean to exclude anyone but at this point i find myself skipping through posts and only paying attention to folks who have c/t'd off benzos.  i just can't relate to a long taper even though symptoms seem similar for some.  i'm always searching out others who quit c/t to compare experience.   

i'm almost five months off and seem to get hit hard with symptoms just before i start a new month.  then it eases up.  i'm in a pretty tough wave right now.  i've read a lot that months five through seven were turning points for a lot of us.   

i'm hoping others will check in.  i'm curious how long you were on benzos, the dosage, how long off, and how you're feeling.

thanks  :)

Hi Desilou.  I started a c/t thread some months ago and it had a good response.  I just bumped it up to the top of page one of this section of forum.  If you don't see this today, check page two.  Maybe a mod can merge the two into one thread.  I did a c/t about 3 years ago, then reinstated, then a few months to stabilize and a ten month taper which ended two years ago.

Best to you and the rest,

Vertigo

Hi Desilu,

I didn't blog or keep track of my symptoms, so I'm not much help, but I can tell you it will get better, healing really does happen.

Pam

Sounds like 12 weeks is the number where most people begin to improvement and start to feel better.  Today begins week 8 for me.... Hopefully another 30 days and I'll start feeling better.  Week 1 I felt great. Week 2 is when the nightmare began.  Week 4 felt pretty good but have felt bad since then and I'm waiting on another window to open.

All of you inspire me to continue.  I've always loved a good fight.

What a great topic!

I did my c/t in mid March from 6 mg. Xanax.  Within 24 hours I was in complete withdrawal.  It seems like I had practically every symptom.  Taking a shower was the huge chore of the day.

Now I am 7 months off and loads better.  My most annoying symptom is double vision, which I have had since the first week and insomnia.  I have a few minor ones.

It was scarier than anything I have ever done, but I'm healing and waiting for the day I can wake up and see straight.

I'd be glad to answer any questions.  This board has held together my sanity!

I c/t from .75 mg Xanax for only three months but it was enough to bite. First two months were pretty rough. Like the worst flu I've ever had with the worst fear I could ever imagine along with the tingling, nerve pain, buzzing head and inner vibrations among others. At 4.5 months out I'm feeling much better but still get hit with weaker waves constant tingling and some lingering nerve pain. It does get better and we'll all be healed in time. :thumbsup:

i don't mean to exclude anyone but at this point i find myself skipping through posts and only paying attention to folks who have c/t'd off benzos.  i just can't relate to a long taper even though symptoms seem similar for some.  i'm always searching out others who quit c/t to compare experience.   

i'm almost five months off and seem to get hit hard with symptoms just before i start a new month.  then it eases up.  i'm in a pretty tough wave right now.  i've read a lot that months five through seven were turning points for a lot of us.   

i'm hoping others will check in.  i'm curious how long you were on benzos, the dosage, how long off, and how you're feeling.

thanks  :)

Hi Desilou.  I started a c/t thread some months ago and it had a good response.  I just bumped it up to the top of page one of this section of forum.  If you don't see this today, check page two.  Maybe a mod can merge the two into one thread.  I did a c/t about 3 years ago, then reinstated, then a few months to stabilize and a ten month taper which ended two years ago.

Best to you and the rest,

Vertigo

thanks.  i'll look for it.

hey zoe

months 3 and 4 have been pretty rough for me as well.  when did you start to see an improvement in symptoms?

des

I was better at six months,  there were still lots of challenges,  but I was better.

My first six weeks were pretty horrendeous.  It will get better,  be strong and be good to yourself.

love to you zoe

5 months off today!....woohoo  :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:  i don't know if having a glass of wine or two every now and then is cheating, but i have had some here and there since my c/t.  also, i've been drinking decaf coffee (just a cup in the morning) as well for a month or so.  still have some tough symptoms, but feeling fine right now.  :)

hi STT

the first few months i was very anxious.  had a lot of anxious energy, fatigue, shortness of breath with tightness in chest, panic attacks in the night, burning on bottom of my feet, and very dry flakey skin on feet (i only noticed cause i never had that problem),  had some windows as well.  wasn't too bad until the end of month two and beginning of month three.  more intense symptoms.  you can read some of my older posts.  i considered reinstating month three.  i started to have really hard electrical symptoms like an exposed electrical wire from my brain down my spine,  terrible panic attacks that would last much longer than normal, ER visits, RLS in my whole body, pain and stinging burning in my ears with extreme sensitivity to noise,  really bad tinnitus in my brain...like a loud hissing sound in the back of my head, whole body tremors, fear, agorophobia.  and others.  it's really hard to describe the symptoms but at times i thought i was going mad cause it was so difficult to be in my body.

right now my symptoms are on and off mild hissing tinnitus, sunburn feeling on random places on my bod (doesn't bother me much and hoping it doesn't get worse), mild anxious energy in my body comes and goes but not as bad as previous months, internal tremors come and go but more mild.  anxiety and fear on and off.  by no means am i out of the wood, but i would definitely say i've at least improved a bit.  it's really hard to tell cause the healing is sooooo slow and i still feel pretty crappy at times.

hope this helps. i probably left information out but you can read my progress log if you want.  i tend to keep posts short.  i started to keep the log the end of month two when symptoms got really tough.  hope this helps.

Question for everyone on this thread.  I first went c/t on October 3 and then broke down and had .25 on October 12.  Should I count from the 3rd or 12th as being off.

-my current s/x's, back ache, neck ache, constant headache, ears ringing, sensitivity to sound, anxiety/panic attacks....it seems I have extreme s/x's for only being 34 days off.  I can't imagine it getting worse.

5 months off today!....woohoo  :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:  i don't know if having a glass of wine or two every now and then is cheating, but i have had some here and there since my c/t.  also, i've been drinking decaf coffee (just a cup in the morning) as well for a month or so.  still have some tough symptoms, but feeling fine right now.  :)

Desi, can't wait to have my beer or two.  :)

hmmm. i'm not sure about that.  it's not like it's AA and you have to change your sobriety date.  :laugh: i would say count from the 3rd.  i've read of others taking a "rescue dose" once or twice in the beginning.  but i think your healing began on the third.

Tom, I took a rescue dose of Valium about three weeks from c/t. It did nothing unless without it I would have gotten even worse that night. I still consider my c/t date of June 24th 2011 as my benzo free date.

desilou, Congrats on five months off!!! I see you still have a touch of fear now and then. I thought I was past that but tonight I have a little wave of fear along with the vibes and nerve pain. Nowhere near as bad as in acute withdrawal but creeping in tonight.

May we all heal sooner than later!

I'm 19 months out CT of .5 klonopin. I've had way to many symptoms to list and still have some, anxiety. feeling wobbly, lack of focus and tinnutis being the worst right now. I've had windows of 2-3 weeks several times and don't worry much anymore about the tingling or burning in the hands and legs that shows up fairly often. The toughest thing for me is being able to celebrate the windows without crashing with depression or anxiety when the windows close. Luckily I have been able to continue working through the entire process. I find strenous exercise is my key to keeping my sanity.

[b1...]

Question for everyone on this thread.  I first went c/t on October 3 and then broke down and had .25 on October 12.  Should I count from the 3rd or 12th as being off.

-my current s/x's, back ache, neck ache, constant headache, ears ringing, sensitivity to sound, anxiety/panic attacks....it seems I have extreme s/x's for only being 34 days off.  I can't imagine it getting worse.

5 months off today!....woohoo  :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:  i don't know if having a glass of wine or two every now and then is cheating, but i have had some here and there since my c/t.  also, i've been drinking decaf coffee (just a cup in the morning) as well for a month or so.  still have some tough symptoms, but feeling fine right now.  :)

Desi, can't wait to have my beer or two.  :)

I would count the 13th of October as your benzo free date. 

• 4 weeks later...
i'm almost 6 months off after c/t, and in a wave that feels similar to month three or four!...symptoms i haven't had in a while have returned.  i thought they went away for good....and right after a day where i felt almost completely normal! :-\  what the.....?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [je...]
    • [...]
    • [jo...]
    • [Li...]
    • [...]
    • [Fi...]
    • [He...]
    • [Ma...]
    • [No...]
    • [Ca...]
    • [an...]