Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

In defense of Doctors

[...]

Ah yes, our good British background with boiled vegetables...... and to add to that - it should be snowing here soon - I like snow, don't get me wrong, just not the first couple of weeks of it.

Did you get okra? corn bread? Hmmmm .... sounds like there are some things we could learn about cooking for sure.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [Wi...]

• [va...]

• [Pr...]

Top Posters In This Topic

PJ, Yup, had a good Thanksgiving. No moose meat this Thanksgiving, just turkey!

Vancouvergirl, I am also Canadian. Hope you had a good Thanksgiving. Sounds like the southern cooking is something! I have only been as far south as Indiana for American Thanksgiving. I was astounded at the amount and variety of food. Sounds like further south is even better.

About the anger. I do get angry about this for sure, probably more than is good. But I am really trying to take advantage of the times when I can help someone understand what giving benzos can, in fact probably will, do to someone. If I can change at least one dr.'s opinion, it is worth it. That dr. might see other people who have the same thing happen.

Good for you hanna,

If you can change just one doctor's opinion hanna,  you have done a good thing.  Perhaps someone will be spared the pain and the confusion, and the agonizing length of time and physical and mental toll these insidious drugs inflict on our mind and our bodies.

I whole heartedly believe that most doctors have not had the proper training in medical schools to really know the consequences of prescribing Benzodiazepines.  I would like to see above every doctor's desk, placed at eye level, a sign stating the facts concerning the Side Effects and the length of time a patient should take Benzodiazepines.  A patient should also be given this information in a brochure to take home with them.

Any snow in your neck of the woods yet?  

Hi PJ,

Thanks for the vote of support! I am going after the pharmacist next - just an FYI - "Do you know the information you might want to supply when dispensing these drugs?" Agree - if each of us could teach one MD - it would make a difference. Drs. like my GP would not give these drugs if they knew!!!

On the white side - only a few flakes of snow although it will be at freezing tonight. Snow tires on the car, snow shovel out, road salt at the ready, BBQ away : ( 

My dog is still swimming in the lake - crazy dog. Snow and winter will be here soon.

Thanks for the post, PJ.

Perhaps some of you have seen this before. I haven't before today. How many of us have actually taken the advice of the attending physician who made this post? I will be doing so this evening and invite you to join me. I think he is an excellent example of the caring helping breed of doctors AND this is some useful advice for those of us who have had negative experiences.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=11383903&postcount=54

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=11411361&postcount=57

Here is the whole thread: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=11383903#post11383903

N.B. Please don't get bogged down in some of the less than friendly posts around this one. The people who made them were confirmed to be trolls. Every forum has them, I'm sure we can empathize here at BB.

Perhaps some of you have seen this before. I haven't before today. How many of us have actually taken the advice of the attending physician who made this post? I will be doing so this evening and invite you to join me. I think he is an excellent example of the caring helping breed of doctors AND this is some useful advice for those of us who have had negative experiences.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=11383903&postcount=54

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=11411361&postcount=57

Here is the whole thread: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=11383903#post11383903

N.B. Please don't get bogged down in some of the less than friendly posts around this one. The people who made them were confirmed to be trolls. Every forum has them, I'm sure we can empathize here at BB.

An interesting read, princezz. Thanks.......I must have liked it, i posted  the same response twice :o

time to call it a day.

Hi PJ,

Thanks for the vote of support! I am going after the pharmacist next - just an FYI - "Do you know the information you might want to supply when dispensing these drugs?" Agree - if each of us could teach one MD - it would make a difference. Drs. like my GP would not give these drugs if they knew!!!

On the white side - only a few flakes of snow although it will be at freezing tonight. Snow tires on the car, snow shovel out, road salt at the ready, BBQ away : ( 

My dog is still swimming in the lake - crazy dog. Snow and winter will be here soon.

Thanks for the post, PJ.

hanna,

You are definitely prepared for winter and all that comes with it. :thumbsup:

Hi pj,

Absolutely ready for the winter. What's a winter of snow, storms, blizzards, freezing rain and freezing temperatures, eh?

By the way, how is the research into that chicken farm of yours coming along??? Or maybe - how is the chicken farm doing?  :D    :)      :clap:

Hard to defend doctors today - just found out my sister has been on zopiclone for 11 years ( I didn't know that) and thinks she might be addicted - which is probably true. .......... I am waiting for another post to support doctors. I really need to hear some support of md stories - will keep reading.

I realize that this is a forum in support of doctors and I believe there may be many fine doctors out there.  However my experience has indicated not all are.  When you encounter one who falls into the latter category there is recourse. 

This was provided to me by another member to whom I would like to give credit but am not sure wants to be acknowledged in this capacity so out of courtesy this user will remain anonymous.  But it was suggested:

Do a search for 'Medical Board' plus your states name and file a complaint for 'iatrogenic addiction'.  I saw an MD suggest doing this on a medical forum where they were discussing personal injury from benzos.  Here is a link to the discussion if you are curious, the suggestion from the doctor to do this is on page 2:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=573849

One of the members on that forum is also a member on this forum...here is the link to the thread where this was all discussed here on BBs:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=35629.0

WWWI

Hi pj,

Absolutely ready for the winter. What's a winter of snow, storms, blizzards, freezing rain and freezing temperatures, eh?

By the way, how is the research into that chicken farm of yours coming along??? Or maybe - how is the chicken farm doing?  :D    :)      :clap:

Hard to defend doctors today - just found out my sister has been on zopiclone for 11 years ( I didn't know that) and thinks she might be addicted - which is probably true. .......... I am waiting for another post to support doctors. I really need to hear some support of md stories - will keep reading.

hanna, you so funny :laugh:

I reread that thread in off topic,  the other day and laffed my arse off, it was so funny!

Somedays i find it hard to defend doctors too.  When i stop and think about the misery my doctor has caused me for three years, a little anger will surface.  I have forgiven her.  She  had no control over what was, or was not taught to her at med school.  She apologised to me and confessed that her knowledge of benzos and their therapeutic applications were lacking.

I believe, with all my heart, that there are many more competent and understanding doctors than there are incompetent and callous ones. 

I realize that this is a forum in support of doctors and I believe there may be many fine doctors out there.  However my experience has indicated not all are.  When you encounter one who falls into the latter category there is recourse. 

This was provided to me by another member to whom I would like to give credit but am not sure wants to be acknowledged in this capacity so out of courtesy this user will remain anonymous.  But it was suggested:

Do a search for 'Medical Board' plus your states name and file a complaint for 'iatrogenic addiction'.  I saw an MD suggest doing this on a medical forum where they were discussing personal injury from benzos.  Here is a link to the discussion if you are curious, the suggestion from the doctor to do this is on page 2:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=573849

One of the members on that forum is also a member on this forum...here is the link to the thread where this was all discussed here on BBs:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=35629.0

WWWI

Thank you WWWI, :)

Very interesting, indeed.  And you are indeed, a wise woman.