Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

going through terrible withdrawal, need support

[Sh...]

The thing about this Tom..is that everything can change at any time. Last week I thought the tremors/vibrations were basically going to last for months and months...maybe longer. Then I woke up yesterday morning and they were gone. I know they'll be back and when they do I'll greet them with acceptance. Accepting these strange symptoms is often the best way to manage them. You learn to work your life around them.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sh...]

• [St...]

• [Ho...]

• [fl...]

When I was in acute withdrawal, I got the shakes a few times. To make it worse, I let it get to me. I got furious one night about it and accomplished nothing but upsetting my wife. I hadn't yet come to the decision to accept the symptoms as they came. Hope is right. When I stopped fighting the symptoms, I felt much better about the situation and let time do it's part. It was miserable but, less miserable with a positive attitude. Now I'm feeling much better and it's starting to seem so long ago. You will too. Just accept that it is what it is right now and it will pass.

Psychical activity really helps that restless feeling, Tom. If you can try to go for a walk or get some sort of sustained exercise, that should help.