Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

benzo withdrawal has actually been one of the best eras of my life, here's how

[sw...]

same here wtnba, i have been sick in bed for over a year, and its not been happy at all especially with family who don't understand and some act like they don't care :( its my birthday and only 2 people out of my famly cared enough to call me. If I had cancer, I wouldn't have been able to get rid of the people.

love

cc

• 9 months later...

Great post Sweet g!

I've gotten in the best physical condition I've been in in years during my taper. I plan to keep up my exercise routine and diet after my taper is over.

• 3 weeks later...

A beautiful post Sweet G ... having such optimism despite all the hardship is never easy and demands great feats of strength.

Honestly, I can't wait to read your success story one day... with such attitude, once you are healed, the world will be your oyster :) 

Wish you a very speedy recovery!

C.

sweet g so glad you posted.  I too accepted that I would be sick for a long time and I have realized that this withdrawal may be one of the best things that has ever happened to me.  I have lived my life in fear, and on benzos I became paranoid, and it is like I could not find my voice.  but now, I am not afraid of anything any more and I am not afraid to say how I really feel.  I feel like if I can get thru this, I can conquer anything if I really want too. 

I have had the opportunity to make new friends on facebook and talk to people here on benzobuddies.  Facebook has helped me and benzobuddies so much to get thru this.  I thank all of you for all your support.  I have watched many good movies, I have read books at times when I was able.  I have gotten closer to all my pets, and spent so much time with my special kitty, Boo Bunkin.  I have recognized how important it is to tell those you love how much you love them, even your pets.

and most of all, as I heal, the recovery of my mind is what I am most thankful for.  My mind gets more lucid everyday and I can learn now and my memory is getting better and better. 

and altho I have a couple of years of therapy in front of me, I know I will heal there too.  jackie

• 7 months later...
Awesome stuff, thank you! I agree multiple reads. Way to give back, so happy you made it and feel good again. Hope and I inspiration are in play right now due to you. Peace

Wow sweet g, you have such a positive mindset! It takes great strength to accept and be at peace.

For me the actual battle felt great since I knew I was winning. I hadn't felt that for years. And some hallucinations I had were so beautiful. I know thatsounds weird, but I've always been someone with a lot of imagination and I led a thousands different lives in totally different settings in those hallucinations. Apart from the very scary ones these hallucinations were so great and I miss them.

Getting my logical thinking back was such a relief. For years I switched from horrible feelings to feelings of grandiosity and it blurred my logical thinking. Realizing that for the first time in years I could use my cold logical brain again brought me to tears.

So maybe I experienced coming off benzos a little bit different from you, I do get the happiness.

BUT MORE THAN ANYTHING, what has made this experience so bareable was when I stopped fighting it and fearing it and accepted it as a path I must walk.

That is an amazing outlook, thankyou so so much!