Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Why do you have the Avatar you have ?

[...]

This may sound corny, but it’s true.

Mine is to remind me that the dark, cold night of 13 years of booze and benzo use is over and the first rays of the sunlight of freedom have arrived and will only get stronger and brighter until all the former shadows are gone and the coldness of a life numbed by booze and benzos is finally replaced by warmth and feeling again.

eli

Nice pic eli, I have this graph because its agraph program that helps me SEE how my tapering is going, i want to show it in case someone else wants to use it.

I kinda want to show off my cat too LOL!

But Sigma, your picture is that of Link ;)

Mine is an avatar of an anime character that my previous (now deceased) girlfriend said reminded her of me. 

[98...]

But Sigma, your picture is that of Link ;)

Mine is an avatar of an anime character that my previous (now deceased) girlfriend said reminded her of me. 

What anime character is it?  :laugh:

People think mine is a protest sign from recent events. lol.  It's actually a well written anonymous sign..

"There are people all over the world, in every country, in every town and city, in every house and slum and park bench and apartment, on every road and street all over this earth who are in despair because they don't know hope or love or joy or healing or freedom.  THAT is a problem, my JUNK is nothing.  LOVE"

I thought it to be quite appropriate.  For all those still hurting out there that haven't found a place like Benzo Buddies yet.

Christopher

This is a great topic, everyone has interesting reasons behind their avatars. I chose mine because it's a celtic pattern and I'm part Scottish. I like the celtic knots and stars in it and it reminds me of the intricacies and mysteries of life, the universe and the human experience. These sorts of patterns are used for meditation as well.

• 1 month later...

Mine is kind of "out there" I guess, but it's artwork from a band that I like.  I hope I'm not breaking any rules by using it.

Good thread... :thumbsup:

My pic is of my dog, Lily. I caught her mid-yawn and figured it looked like she was yelling or something which is more suitable for her personality LOL. She's a bossy white german shepherd  ::)

Sassy

Because I love and adore cats! They have been constant companions since my first one at age 6.  I've had lots of other pets - gerbils, hamsters, rabbits, turtles, fish, a bird - but since I grew up in an apartment we weren't allowed dogs.  I have loved and lost 4 of my babies over a span of 44 years but my Peaches and Zoe are always by my side - demanding my attention, snuggling, licks on the nose and sleeping in my arms.  I don't know how I'd be getting through this without them  :). BTW, that's my Peaches in my Avatar! :)

Sara

I change my avatar quite frequently because I get bored with mine easily. My current one, which I'll probably change soon, is from a t-shirt from the "United Pixelworkers Union" which is a fake union for people that design websites, which is what I do when I can do something productive with my time. The "Do it yourself" motto is a take on learning how to do things on your own instead of ripping off other people's work. Ironically, most web designers/devs are pretty happy to share code if you ask nicely. But I'm kind of snarky, so I liked this shirt.

~marie

Like everyone's reasons! I change mine frequently as well. They are 'likes.' Colors, patterns, holidays, cats, butterflies, etc... The latest is a picture of the Christmas comet! Thought it was so kool! Take care, BB heroes & heroines....T2

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...