Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

How was your day?

[...]

Today I went to visit a man in the hospital.  He volunteers with the homeless folks in Hollywood.  I heard yesterday that he had been crossing the street when he was struck by a hit and run driver on July 4th.  He was hooked up to every kind of machine in a state-of-the-art critical care unit.  The doctors are hopeful he'll pull through but he has multiple serious injuries and is on a ventilator and very heavily sedated with many broken bones.  He's a quiet  man and works so hard helping prepare food  for the street folks.

On the way out of the hospital, on the marble walkway there was an adult pigeon, unable to fly and in obvious distress.  It kept turning upside down.  There was a nurse there, and strangely in this ultra clean and modern courtyard, a paper grocery bag.  Together we put the dying bird into the bag, I figured at least it might feel a bit more secure in there, and then I carefully pushed it under the seating area where it could hopefully die peacefully.  Then I prayed for it as I had prayed with the gentleman in ICU. 

Got home and one of my huge goldfish was dead.  Actually it had been dying for a couple of days so I was somewhat relieved that it wasn't suffering.  Buried it in the flower bed next to the last one that died a couple of years ago.

All creatures great and small....  It's strange as I ponder this tonight.  A man who is very sick but hopefully will recover, but it will be a very long process.  An injured bird in the process of dying.  A  fish that was no longer suffering. 

I'd love to end on a deep and profound thought.. but just wanted to share my reflections on today.   

Bryn.

You set the bar pretty high, Bryn, but I want this thread to survive so will post my mundane day.

Took my dog to the vet for surgery on his neck and then got groceries.  Saw my shrink and went to lunch. Picked up meds from drugstore and picked up dog. (He's doing okay but has Frankenstein's monster type sutures. Ughhh)

Posted on BB. Made meatloaf for dinner. Posted on BB. Picked up friend's 2 dogs to dog sit while she's out of town on business. Posted on BB.  You get the idea.

None of these things would have been possible in January or February.  I've come a long way, baby.  ;D

Blimey Beeps - there's nothing mundane about your day!  ( not to mention that you went B Free today too.    Hellooo!!!!!!). 

After I posted on the board, I went for a nice evening walk with two of my male friends.  We do walking round the park and generally verbally abuse each other.  Well I guess I abuse them.  They like my humour.  At least I think they do :-)

Stopped to get groceries on the way home and when I got back to my car I had a flat tyre :(  In any other circumstance that would have been a bit of a crisis... but ... I signed up with AAA back in April... so no probs!  They were there within 20 mins and fixed it. :yippee:    Now I'm nicely nestled on me bed with me lap top looking up goldfish diseases to see if there's anything I can do to save the other three that are hanging in there. 

I do hope your puppy gets well soon.... we're sending him some happy feline vibes from this end.  =^..^=

I forgot to take my morning meds today.. and you know what... I didn't remember until about 4pm!!  I think that's kind of amazing and maybe is a sign of progress.  I had a really busy day that started when I got up at 5.30am, and I remember thinking that it was not that long since I took my 'before bedtime dose' so I planned to take my .25 lorazepam and 1.25 valium around 10am.  But I forgot!!!!  And nothing happened.  I feel fine.  I'm not going to get silly and just drop all my meds but I am going to drop that pesky little .25 Lorazepam.  I mean at this stage it probably wasn't doing anything anyway.  AND another thing... ( guys, you don't need to read this bit.. TMI!)  I also had horrid cramps which often kick up those withdrawal side effect things.. but it didn't happen. I'm wondering if it had something to do with the fact that I was very busy and focussed on what I was working on today.  D'ya think?!!  Plus.... so encouraged with Beeper footloose and Benzo free yesterday  :yippee:

Well today was my first day back to work since my car accident.

Had almost no sleep lastnight. And now at work I have 6 new people to "train" plus catch up on all my work that has been piling up..Plus hobling around the corridors at work on crutches at a turtles pace. Since I can't drive, I have to wait after work for  my fiance to drive 20 miles to come pick me up, like a schoolboy waiting for his mommy to come get him after school....uuuugh...Then I come home to find my dog has had "bathroom" issues all OVER the living room..I've since cleaned, and cleaned and have almost used a whole can of air freshener and have 4 candles lit and I sware I can still smell it!!! arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh.. and yay I get to repeat this all tomorrow!!! Woohoo me!

• 6 years later...

well,,,,

in the morning

i went to the shop to get some candies for the kids.....

then i stopped by the book shop and got a few books for my girl....

i was surprised that they had a few french books,,,i got a book about prophet Amos by Robert Martin Achard....

At lunch i made some pasta for me and the baby sitter.....

we ate while watching the phone booth movie...

I will dose in 20 min....

yea...that was my day..... :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: