Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Benzo (and GABA) drug withdrawal is fibromyalgia in most cases??

[Ro...]

Way to keep it going ladies =) TY

Fibro is real pain (drugs or no drugs), I know that and you all should too. If you never had pain before drugs (especially GABA) then you should definitely pose the question "which is which". They are both hyperactive nervous systems and both have no reliable test. Add to the fact that doctors are drug happy and "walla".....enjoy your new drugs and be sick for the rest of your life. Sick Sick Sick stuff.

Please people, just consider.

Regard, Robb =)

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ro...]

• [Ch...]

• [Ti...]

• [Se...]

Top Posters In This Topic

It is to me too me Sundowner - I'm betting my life on it!! Here is the thing - I was off 6 months before and had almost zero pain for 2 months to follow. I was tossed in a psych unit where they gave me Ativan and when I got home 3 days later I dropped the Ativan and right back into severe pain and pretty much continuos until I found this site and the right info ....so for me, as long as the drugs haven't caused Fibro...I will heal and prove the doc wrong - it's what keeps me going =) That and a woman named Marie (thanks Marie xo).

Wishing you some good healing.

Robb =)

PS - http://beyondmeds.com/2010/08/20/fibrobipolar/ - just in case you missed it - fibro=bipolar=benzo wd? sound familiar? hmm

Robb-just curious--are you currently tapering?  I agree-I hope when we eventually heal we can go back to doctors and say, "see it was benzo injury all along and I am fine now!"

Benzo 3-

Can I ask what your fibro-like sx are? I often feel overall achy and fatigued. Never felt like this before 3/2012.

Thanks,

Tina

Sorry Tina, I missed responding to this - I would have to write a novel to list my sxs - here is what I don't have (just subtract from the link) - vibrating, hair loss, dp, fear of water, excessive saliva, cracked sore lips, itching of whole body, flashes of light, rashes and blotches on skin, change in nail color, impotence. subtract from this link/list - http://www.benzo.org.uk/votsymp.htm

As far as physical sxs...there is no part of my body spared other than my tongue...the pain just rotates from body part to body part. My spine seems to radiate most of it and more is left sided (this is a thing to research - left sided) - the pain in the morning is usually the worst but not always - the anxiety is not my worst problem but it's still huge. Even my eyeballs ache. The skin burning has recently become relentless. I am some days unable to sit still and others unable to get out of the bed (I seem to weigh 1,000 lbs. My body throbs, pain shoots everywhere etc....I do get little windows but not long and not very clear (the drapes are closed). I could write all day....bottom line - I am tortured in every way you can imagine. A window for me is when I can think well enough to write or have a conversation (and it does happen frequently enough). Nights are usually better.

Robb =)

Hi Robb-

You may want to go a bit slower at the end since you are so symptomatic. I am very symptomatic as well and am using milk/pills to do a daily microtaper.

We will get there! I have no doubt :)

Tina

Not sure I can go slower - I have to be off this stuff because there is a possibility I could get thrown into a rehab center where they will surely yank me in a week or two. Thanks to my refusal to get in an EMT, I lost the effort of my last taper as a police officer deemed me on something rather than in wd and thus threw the book at me because I would not get in an EMT and give up control of my taper. Funny how these psych units MAKE ppl suicidal. I was charged with family violence because earlier attempts to use suicide threats by my mother (a psych nurse) failed to get me into the psych unit. My mother then proceeded to use violence instead to manipulate the system.  So I have court now to see if i have to go to inpatient or not.

Robb

PS- I am surely no patriot anymore - the USA gov can shove it! I went to the Persian gulf for this country and I regret it.

keeping this thread going in case someone has been misdiagnosed.  - if you didn't have pain before benzos (other drugs can do this too) then maybe reconsider your diagnosis - is it a coincidence that the MOST common misdiagnosis is Bipolar? Fibro and bipolar linked??? Please consider ppl.  http://beyondmeds.com/2010/08/20/fibrobipolar/

TY, Robb =)

This article does not include benzodiazepines in the list of drugs which can cause fibromyalgia like symptoms. I was hoping it would as it would give me hope of some remission from this cursed affliction. I would certainly strive to get off the small dose of Xanax I have resumed if I thought my ever present aching and unrefreshing sleep would go away.

I know but believe me it should - I've had the pain leave 2 times prior as I was 8 months off.

Benzos cause more pain then any of them - any drug that effects emotions will cause the most pain.

Robb

I know but believe me it should

I can't help but smile when I read this!  :D  I find it funny that you would post an article in a thread you actually started which sheds absolutely no light on the topic. I am not meaning to be rude so please don't take it that way.

I've had the pain leave 2 times prior as I was 8 months off.

I am not doubting your word but this is just your anecdotal evidence. One (or many) person's story is not evidence unless it has been studied in a clinical setting under proper research guidelines.

Posting an article about effects of medication which leaves out benzos is kind of going against your own proposal.

I'll be grateful if you can find some evidence in support of it, as I said before.

Hi Robb,

I can't ban a user from one thread...and if I could I don't see that Xana has broken any of our rules. She seems to be pointing out her views and opinions. She's well within her rights to do that.

Hope

Hi Robb,

I can't ban a user from one thread...and if I could I don't see that Xana has broken any of our rules. She seems to be pointing out her views and opinions. She's well within her rights to do that.

Hope

OK then, perhaps I overreacted. Thanks for pointing it out.

I have had both achiness and unrefreshing sleep since I went into severe withdrawal last march. I have never ever ever ever ever ever (just want to make that clear) had these sx prior to benzo withdrawal. I was perfectly healthy with tons of energy before this evil med messed up my brain and body so badly. I had some situational anxiety which is why I was given an rx for Ativan. Trusting that doctor and filling that rx has been the biggest (and only) regret I have ever had in my 34 years of life.

That's my story.

I know but believe me it should

I can't help but smile when I read this!  :D  I find it funny that you would post an article in a thread you actually started which sheds absolutely no light on the topic. I am not meaning to be rude so please don't take it that way.

I've had the pain leave 2 times prior as I was 8 months off.

I am not doubting your word but this is just your anecdotal evidence. One (or many) person's story is not evidence unless it has been studied in a clinical setting under proper research guidelines.

Posting an article about effects of medication which leaves out benzos is kind of going against your own proposal.

I'll be grateful if you can find some evidence in support of it, as I said before.

How about the London times? http://recovery-road.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Times-article-16.01.2013.pdf  - page2 "Across the country thousands of these are confined to their homes, unable to function and in

great pain. They have no sources of support, other than a handful of underfunded charities."

Today I woke with a nerve shooting down my back that hurt so bad I could not think of anything but it. The pain was indescribable. There are no words!

I have had both achiness and unrefreshing sleep since I went into severe withdrawal last march. I have never ever ever ever ever ever (just want to make that clear) had these sx prior to benzo withdrawal. I was perfectly healthy with tons of energy before this evil med messed up my brain and body so badly. I had some situational anxiety which is why I was given an rx for Ativan. Trusting that doctor and filling that rx has been the biggest (and only) regret I have ever had in my 34 years of life.

That's my story.

I'm sorry Tina,

I guess we are floating the same boat. Well I believe if it wasn't there before then it will not be there afterwards. I also had situational anxiety and at times social anxiety. My prescription was for Ativan as well. I never had pain of this type in my life prior to my CT! It's wd!!

Lets prove this isn't anything but wd=) :thumbsup:

Robb xo