Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Benzo (and GABA) drug withdrawal is fibromyalgia in most cases??

[Ro...]

I'm sorry Xana. I know it's real...doesn't matter what they call it. I'm just trying to bring attention to the fact that the drugs cause pain too and it is misdiagnosed as fibro. When I say it isn't a real "disease"..I am saying in medical terminology. I don't mean the pain isn't real at all.

Robb

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ro...]

• [Ch...]

• [Ti...]

• [Se...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Can benzo w/d actually trigger fibro, or does it only mimic it?

???

Now that I review this again...it does bring up an interesting question. There is a small (very extremely small) proportion of ppl that actually do not ever get 100% better ...they just continue to improve too slowly to make to the finish line (don't be afraid, it's almost no one). I guess these ppl could then have been labeled as just having fibromyalgia triggered by the drugs. The debate there could be ridiculous. These drugs simply need to be taken out of the doc's hands and be restricted to impatient use only. Keep these things off the damn streets and out of pharmacies in other countries where they can be pretty much bought OTC or $20 buys you a damn prescription.

Robb

These drugs simply need to be taken out of the doc's hands and be restricted to impatient (sic) use only.

What a great idea. Then all the people who have a genetically influenced, severe panic disorder (not me) can remain locked in their houses or an asylum as they will not be able to function in life. I wish Blueorchidlady were still here. She'd take you up on this one. I haven't the energy.

You could apply the same rule for all the other psychotropic drugs on the market as well. Then we would see some fun on the streets.

Just because some people have trouble with a substance, it should not be removed from the population. Well, not in a democracy. otherwise it will be goodbye to cigarettes, alcohol, chocolate, caffeine and maybe even wheat and diary, depending on which corner you are standing in.

Bloody hell, I'm out of here and my house. Need a breath of fresh air and sanity.

Xana - I'm saying benzos - WTF are you talking about? Go start an argument on another thread. This one is for fibro awareness and benzo wd misdiagnosises.

I'm not arguing with you here.  :idiot: I'm trying to help ppl become aware or the problem of this misdiagnosis. It will likely end my life. Thanks for nothing.

I'm not replying to you anymore. Stay off the thread please...you're off topic.

Stay off the thread please...you're off topic.

Ordering me off? Nice one. Have you not heard about the politeness rule here. Have you been upgraded to a moderator? I hadn't noticed.

This is a discussion forum, which means people can disagree with each other.

'WTF (What the F*** to anyone who does not know) am I talking about?' I am talking about the benzos you are blaming for fibromyalgia.

You are helping people with your DIAGNOSIS of misdiagnoses? On the internet? When you haven't met them? Lucky you are not a doctor or you would not be smart enough to do that!

ON TOPIC: You mentioned general practitioners not being allowed to prescribe benzos. I said that there are people who would suffer if this bizarre event took place.

enjoy the rest of your unnatural life

Thank you. I will. That's what I want. Don't you worry about that.

I don't think I am going to die for a while, so I'm not going into the corner to cry about the nasty boy.

Nobody has robbed my life.

I guess I have been robbed of time by reading uneducated crap instead of latest research. Guess I have time for both. My brain is still working pretty well. I get to talk to smart people.

Xana XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I'm not replying to you anymore.

You were sayin'?

Ordering me off? Nice one. Have you not heard about the politeness rule here. Have you been upgraded to a moderator? I hadn't noticed.

'WTF (What the F*** to anyone who does not know) am I talking about?' I am talking about the benzos you are blaming for fibromyalgia.

You are helping people with your DIAGNOSIS of misdiagnoses? On the internet? When you haven't met them? Lucky you are not a doctor or you would not be smart enough to do that!

ON TOPIC: You mentioned general practitioners not being allowed to prescribe benzos. I said that there are people who would suffer if this bizarre event took place.

put an X on the end of your name and enjoy the rest of your unnatural life. Muaaah Xana

This is not a discussion, it is an argument and does not belong on this thread.  Both of you need to take a step back from this. Xana, if you are so familiar with forum policies you must realize that your statements are not within guidelines of respect for other members.  Robb, I understand your frustration with these medications and their impact on lives but your comment to Xana was unnecessary and unkind.

This thread is for support, let's allow it to get back to the topic.  This thread belongs to everyone here on the forum.  Keep the replies helpful and appreciative of all opinions.

pianogirl

•Be polite towards, and respectful of, your fellow Buddies. We do not tolerate attacks upon fellow members.

put an X on the end of your name and enjoy the rest of your unnatural life. Muaaah Xana

This is not a discussion, it is an argument and does not belong on this thread.  Both of you need to take a step back from this. Xana, if you are so familiar with forum policies you must realize that your statements are not within guidelines of respect for other members.  Robb, I understand your frustration with these medications and their impact on lives but your comment to Xana was unnecessary and unkind.

This thread is for support, let's allow it to get back to the topic.  This thread belongs to everyone here on the forum.  Keep the replies helpful and appreciative of all opinions.

pianogirl

•Be polite towards, and respectful of, your fellow Buddies. We do not tolerate attacks upon fellow members.

Agreed - sorry

pianogirl

Agreed - sorry

Thanks Robb!  :thumbsup:

pianogirl

Agreed - sorry

Thanks Robb!  :thumbsup:

Sure Pianogirl - I wasn't doing well at the time...I apologize Xana.

Here is a site that shows which drugs "cause" fibromyalgia.  Note that lyrica is really high as it Ativan and Neurotin.

http://www.ehealthme.com/symptom/fibromyalgia+syndrome?page=5

please rephrase the "cause" - although it is a legit question...there is no evidence that the drugs"CAUSE" fibromyalgia. This will only scare ppl into thinking this illness (wd) is irreversible....this is just a link that ppl discuss (with research) about the side effects of these drugs causing FIBRO "LIKE" SXS. Wellness - thanks for the post - very interesting...but it will scare ppl.

Hope you are doing well, Robb

Yeah, sorry.  Since no one know what fibro is, or what causes it, it's just the way the site puts it. I don't want to scare anyone.

thanks Welness xo

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, sorry.  Since no one know what fibro is, or what causes it, it's just the way the site puts it. I don't want to scare anyone.

thanks Welness xo

Some doctors think fibro is stagnant lymph  caused by metabolic waste that creates an acid condition in the body.

Benzo's exacerbate the problem.

The solution is to get the lymph moving with water rich fruits and vegetables and to avoid foods that create acidic buildup.

Dr. Robert Morse. ND on YouTube understands this and has a very high cure rate.

River

• 1 month later...

please keep this thread going ppl - you should not receive a fibro diagnosis while coming off drugs. The drugs CAUSE fibro sxs to a tee.

Robb =)

fibro sxs -----> http://www.webmd.com/fibromyalgia/understanding-fibromyalgia-symptoms

Sxs of PAWS -----> http://www.non-benzodiazepines.org.uk/benzo-withdrawal.html

Please compare and save yourself the agony of these drugs - Fibro is not that common and there is no definitive test for it nor is there for PAWS.

Robb

Robbed, I came to my computer this morning to pose a question related to fibromyalgia and benzo withdrawal and I see that others are thinking similarly. I guess I'll read this thread instead of asking my question. I've been having a lot of fibro issues lately. In my case though, I had some symptoms before benzos.

After reading this, I can support that the two may be related. However, I have to agree that the existence of FMS in people who have never taken mind drugs or others, indicates that the two are not the same.

Benzo 3-

Can I ask what your fibro-like sx are? I often feel overall achy and fatigued. Never felt like this before 3/2012.

Thanks,

Tina