Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Benzo (and GABA) drug withdrawal is fibromyalgia in most cases??

[Ro...]

I'm quite scared that the pain won't go away. But I'm hoping it's just BENZO's.

Also the fluoroquinolones also cause a fibromyalgia type syndrom, and I have been thinking lately that I have taken lot's of antibiotics in my life but never knew what class they were so they could've very well been fluoroquinolones. I also suspect fibromyalgia is caused by different toxins.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ro...]

• [Ch...]

• [Ti...]

• [Se...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm quite scared that the pain won't go away. But I'm hoping it's just BENZO's.

Also the fluoroquinolones also cause a fibromyalgia type syndrom, and I have been thinking lately that I have taken lot's of antibiotics in my life but never knew what class they were so they could've very well been fluoroquinolones. I also suspect fibromyalgia is caused by different toxins.

Hi Cosair  :hug: fluoroquinolones contain fluoride which is a neurotoxin ...

CIPRO is ciprofloxacin, a fluorinated quinolone, belonging to a class of fluorinated antibiotics which also include enoxacin, fleroxacin, temafloxacin, grepafloxacin, norfloxacin, sparfloxacin, tosufloxacin, lomefloxacin, ofloxacin, etc..

http://rense.com/general15/cayap.htm

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hello, have anyone tried fibromyalgia supplements for the symptoms?

When yes which one and does it helpt?

I tried it, and it helpt me.

Robb: I believe you have a good case. But one old time BB friend of mine had very bad fibro during w/d and still has it five years later. But she's said she healed a long time ago. ???

• 10 months later...
I couldn't agree with this more.....or at least I'm hoping this is true.  :) I had absolutely no fibro symptoms prior or during 15 yrs of SSRI use(Lexapro). I'm now 13 months into WD and ever since month 2 I've had widespread body pain, burning skin, extreme fatigue, brain fog, blurry vision, etc. I'm praying this is WD!! I could easily get a fibro diagnosis and be told that I have to go back on Lexapro because I have fibro and now that I'm off the drug that's why symptoms are appearing. I'm not buying that bullsh#t! Maybe if I had fibro symptoms before meds, but I didn't! I would be curious to see if anyone who posted on this thread a couple of years ago that had fibro symptoms that has now recovered from WD....if all their fibro eventually went away? Anyone know??

I couldn't agree with this more.....or at least I'm hoping this is true.  :) I had absolutely no fibro symptoms prior or during 15 yrs of SSRI use(Lexapro). I'm now 13 months into WD and ever since month 2 I've had widespread body pain, burning skin, extreme fatigue, brain fog, blurry vision, etc. I'm praying this is WD!! I could easily get a fibro diagnosis and be told that I have to go back on Lexapro because I have fibro and now that I'm off the drug that's why symptoms are appearing. I'm not buying that bullsh#t! Maybe if I had fibro symptoms before meds, but I didn't! I would be curious to see if anyone who posted on this thread a couple of years ago that had fibro symptoms that has now recovered from WD....if all their fibro eventually went away? Anyone know??

And I'm bumping this tread and totally agree with you :thumbsup:

It is my opinion that most people diagnosed with fibromyalgia are just having a reaction to GABA acting drugs. The treatment I got after a fibro diagnosis was Neurontin, Cymbalta, Ambien and ativan and I got much worse after taking these drugs (all gaba acting drugs). The Fibro symptoms are the same as benzo "protracted" withdrawal - they both involve the CNS and neither can be detected with any reliable test so...the drug companies and the FDA have a perfect "cover their ass diagnosis" as they just label all these people having body pains and mental/cognitive issues from these CNS and GABA acting drugs as Fibro.

Could anyone imagine the amount of lawsuits that would come out of this worldwide if this fibro thing was just long term AD and benzo WD/tolerance issues?????

Anyone agree with this possibility????

Many people think  the whole 'fibromyalgia' diagnoses is bull-shit. 

Remember a Dr. can't issue a drug without a diagnoses to cover their ass! 

Fibromyalgia was invented by big-farma to sell more drugs and give doctors the license to do so.

And for all you people feeling bad your probably just over worked and need more of a natural life.

For the last 200,000 years we spent most of our time laying around in Fig trees, eating, farting and sleeping :laugh:

WE WORK WAY TOO DARN HARD THESE DAYS.  Is it any wonder we are in pain all the time?

Learn to take a break :thumbsup:

You live in a free country so don't turn yourself into a slave, enjoy doing nothing once in a while :thumbsup:  ;D

Just my opinion. 

Yes. I had zero muscle pain or other body discomfort until a year into tapering and it was obvious to me that's what it was. Now it's terrible, my neck feels like an ankle it's so hard and I've got an impinged nerve now making my upper arm go numb. Never had any of these issues before or while on the poisons. Now I'm like a battered person, every place on me hurts.

It is my opinion that most people diagnosed with fibromyalgia are just having a reaction to GABA acting drugs. The treatment I got after a fibro diagnosis was Neurontin, Cymbalta, Ambien and ativan and I got much worse after taking these drugs (all gaba acting drugs). The Fibro symptoms are the same as benzo "protracted" withdrawal - they both involve the CNS and neither can be detected with any reliable test so...the drug companies and the FDA have a perfect "cover their ass diagnosis" as they just label all these people having body pains and mental/cognitive issues from these CNS and GABA acting drugs as Fibro.

Could anyone imagine the amount of lawsuits that would come out of this worldwide if this fibro thing was just long term AD and benzo WD/tolerance issues?????

Anyone agree with this possibility????

Many people think  the whole 'fibromyalgia' diagnoses is bull-shit. 

Remember a Dr. can't issue a drug without a diagnoses to cover their ass! 

Fibromyalgia was invented by big-farma to sell more drugs and give doctors the license to do so.

And for all you people feeling bad your probably just over worked and need more of a natural life.

For the last 200,000 years we spent most of our time laying around in Fig trees, eating, farting and sleeping :laugh:

WE WORK WAY TOO DARN HARD THESE DAYS.  Is it any wonder we are in pain all the time?

Learn to take a break :thumbsup:

You live in a free country so don't turn yourself into a slave, enjoy doing nothing once in a while :thumbsup:  ;D

Just my opinion.

That would be me and that's how I got here. :thumbsup:

Americans are overworked.  Every job I ever had worked me so hard, I had to finally quit or get laid off because I was so exhausted, plus, I was bullied and abused every day.  It gets worse the older you get, too, since you have less energy as you age.  I was never a slacker at my work and always got exceptional job reviews.  I should have been a slacker and not given a crap and I'd still be there making the big bucks.  So much for being a hard worker and honest.  I pissed off the slackers and cheaters because I'd call them on their stuff and then they'd abuse me.  This is where honest and hard-working end up:  On disability and sick from having to take pills to tolerate the liars, cheats, slackers and bullies on the job.  What a screwed up world we live in.

Yes. The American Workforce is not cracked up to what it is really like......... >:( Been through all of that crap which got me here.

My one unit manager, five levels above me, at the last job I was at was on sleeping pills.  She had fibromyalgia.  She said she was having brain zaps or something she told one of the other bosses when I said I was having them who told me.  Her personality became so erratic and abusive.  I wonder if it was from problems with her sleeping pills the next day at work?  Either way, she abused me, too, all the time and I finally had a shouting match with her when I was having problems on the job with interdose and withdrawal symptoms.  I was screwed from that day forward until today. 

For what it's worth - when I was totally off benzos and would take klonopin "as needed" - in less than a week, I would not be able to even turn over in bed, the pain was that horrific. When I'm off - I have ZERO pain. I got tested for MS, RA and a whole host of immune disorders in my 30's. I had every symptom of fibromyalgia.

I'm now 48. They were never able to find anything. I'm convinced it's benzo withdrawal. (in my case!)

For what it's worth - when I was totally off benzos and would take klonopin "as needed" - in less than a week, I would not be able to even turn over in bed, the pain was that horrific. When I'm off - I have ZERO pain. I got tested for MS, RA and a whole host of immune disorders in my 30's. I had every symptom of fibromyalgia.

I'm now 48. They were never able to find anything. I'm convinced it's benzo withdrawal. (in my case!)

I'm also convinced it's all benzo withdrawal in my case, I can now clearly see how it all started when jumping, and all the pain I had before in tolerance I can clearly see they're the same coming back in w/d just in a more profound and intense way. But I can also doubt, but my amazing son reminds me everyday when I'm afraid there's no progress: mum you're digging in the garden now, 3 months ago You couldn't barely cook an egg.

It's so hard to see when we're in this agony despair and hell of journey and it's so easy to doubt that we will be healed. But we will!!! I

think to doubt is one of the basic human skills to appear most often, whenever we are in a preassured situation in life, just like now.

Love to everyone :smitten:

• 2 weeks later...

You are definitely onto something. I know a few people that stopped benzos and antidepressants and now have fibromyalgia symptoms..including myself.

Keep digging and I will also. This madness has to stop!!!!

My old BB friend had all of the symptoms while tapering. But she healed in 6 months and now they are gone! :thumbsup:

Love you and your friend  :smitten::yippee::highfive::yippee:

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia in 1998?, but it was not until 2012 that I had a severe acute reaction to Ambien(Z-drug) after taking it daily for 3? years. And then soon after beginning Ativan, to ward off the Ambien reaction(ha), I ended up reacting to it too within a very short period of time (kept needing to up dose). ???

Now that I have been off both these drugs for a good amount of time and seen a lot of progress in my recovery from them, I can say unequivocally that these drugs have NOTHING to do with fibromyalgia….at least from what I’ve experienced. They might antagonize FM…but it appears

benzos/Z-drugs is/are a beast in itself to be reckoned with. :P

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia in 1998?, but it was not until 2012 that I had a severe acute reaction to Ambien(Z-drug) after taking it daily for 3? years. And then soon after beginning Ativan, to ward off the Ambien reaction(ha), I ended up reacting to it too within a very short period of time (kept needing to up dose). ???

Now that I have been off both these drugs for a good amount of time and seen a lot of progress in my recovery from them, I can say unequivocally that these drugs have NOTHING to do with fibromyalgia….at least from what I’ve experienced. They might antagonize FM…but it appears

benzos/Z-drugs is/are a beast in itself to be reckoned with. :P

Thank you :thumbsup:

You just eased my mind.

Anyway I just went over the side effects from my ambien on the internet, it's devastating that my doc is not willing to recognize these as the problems I've been through the last 3-4 years while in unknown tolerance..

Muscle pain/weakness -joint pain- agitation and stress - myalgia- neck pain- dizziness- Drowsiness- diarhea- nausea- stomach pain- sinus issues- headache- anterograde amnesia- confusion- parestesi- diplopi(dobbel visions) hyperhidrose (increased sweat) AND THOSE ARE THE ONES IVE BEEN COMPLAINING ABOUT FOR THE LAST 3 YEARS.  :tickedoff:

All those symptoms together combined with all other symptoms after we jump can surely make one feel like one are having cfs or fibromyalgia.

Im not angry at my doc that she has prescribed these meds, I should as an intelligent person investigated myself certain things and not just trust every word a doc says. But I'm really really angry she's still in denial and neglect about  it now after what I've shown every piece of evidence physically and on paper.  :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

By the way Blue Rose

When did you start seeing improvements after stopping ambien?

Just curious  :)

Immediately. Since insomnia was rightfully concerning, I decided to first taper from Ativan and then Ambien.

I averaged 3-4 hours of sleep the entire tapering period. The month I finished tapering Ambien, I began chemo...surprisingly I continued with this same pattern of sleep of 3-4 hours a night throughout my four months of chemo!

Although healing has been slow...areas of noted improvement soon after I began tapering Ambien include; insomnia, burning throat, loss of voice, memory issues, light-headedness, fatigue, amnesia and anhedonia.

Ativan complicates my ability to give an accurate answer to your question, since it had either intensified or added new symptoms to the existing ones. But regardless, all symptoms showed signs of improvement immediately after I began(or, was initially forced to C/T as my signature below shows) reducing my intake of these two lethal drugs.

I'm still recovering....and it's still a struggle....I'm anxiously waiting for further significant recovery. :)