Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Benzo (and GABA) drug withdrawal is fibromyalgia in most cases??

[Ro...]

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ro...]

• [Ch...]

• [Ti...]

• [Se...]

Top Posters In This Topic

And fibromylagia is an auto immune disease, the body creating antibodies to its own cells.  So, if the benzo's are doing damage, then the body is creating an immune response to those damaged cells.  I think that's what all my s/x's are and maybe those too with fibromylagia. 

Wow.  Stumbled upon this subject.  I am in month 7 of withdrawal and about month 4 developed the muscle pain and fatigue.  Thought it felt like fibro is purported to feel.  How can you all get all of this and docs are clueless!  Is it their drug agenda or sincere ignorance.  Who knows.

Anyway, yesterday I heard my friend was off work and has fibro.  Presenting this to her, I believe, will be futile.  She would probably ask her doc and believe him/ her.  Sad, sad, sad.  Of course, it would mean giving up her drugs.  Most wont.  Most have no clue as to how destructive all drugs and vaccines are.  Oh well, must talk with her.

Good thread...

Could anyone imagine the amount of lawsuits that would come out of this worldwide if this fibro thing was just long term AD and benzo WD/tolerance issues?????

Anyone agree with this possibility????

We need a whistleblower from Big Pharma to blow the lid off this.

Could anyone imagine the amount of lawsuits that would come out of this worldwide if this fibro thing was just long term AD and benzo WD/tolerance issues?????

Anyone agree with this possibility????

We need a whistleblower from Big Pharma to blow the lid off this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Groupthink - We need someone to grow some balls is what we need! A lot of them. Unfortunately doctors spend more time touching them than growing them! And this is going to take government action which will involve disecting big pharma from high ranking government offices as yet more criminals have infected governments.

And fibromylagia is an auto immune disease, the body creating antibodies to its own cells.  So, if the benzo's are doing damage, then the body is creating an immune response to those damaged cells.  I think that's what all my s/x's are and maybe those too with fibromylagia.

Becks, I know you're really struggling, and I feel horrible for how long this goes on for you -- but this just isn't a rational idea. As in, there's no reason to think this, and it flies in the face of a bunch of directly observable facts.

Could anyone imagine the amount of lawsuits that would come out of this worldwide if this fibro thing was just long term AD and benzo WD/tolerance issues?

There are a lot of people who end up with a fibro diagnosis before they ever take a benzo or SSRI, so that pretty much disproves the idea that "all or most fibro is withdrawal".

Becks, I know you're really struggling, and I feel horrible for how long this goes on for you -- but this just isn't a rational idea. As in, there's no reason to think this, and it flies in the face of a bunch of directly observable facts.

Could anyone imagine the amount of lawsuits that would come out of this worldwide if this fibro thing was just long term AD and benzo WD/tolerance issues?

I do not remember how to quote on here but in other parts of the thread I have stated that not all fibro is from drugs. It's unexplained pain from a medical book from the 1800's brought back to life 20 years or so after the introduction of Prozac and the antidepressant age where the drug era took off. Most fibro is drug wd. Mark my words!

There are a lot of people who end up with a fibro diagnosis before they ever take a benzo or SSRI, so that pretty much disproves the idea that "all or most fibro is withdrawal".

I edited your post to fix up the quotes, Rob - I didn't change anything else :)

I think we'll just have to disagree with this; I definitely think some people get railroaded into a fibro d/x from drug w/d, but for this to account for "most" diagnosis would require either some kind of vast conspiracy, or would require the hundreds/thousands of MDs who specialize in fibro to all have overlooked a huge and obvious correlation in their case reports. Even if you buy into the idea that there's some kind of shadowy pharma/medical conspiracy, doctors who gravitate towards fibro tend to be edging into alterna-med territory, and such people are by their nature skeptical of drugs and conventional thinking. So, it just doesn't make sense to me.

As far as my personal bias, I know more people with fibro s/x who don't have a prescription background than do, and I know a lot of people who have gone on and off all sorts of SSRIs/benzos/etc without developing fibro s/x. So, I'm sure that colors my thinking.

I edited your post to fix up the quotes, Rob - I didn't change anything else :)

I think we'll just have to disagree with this; I definitely think some people get railroaded into a fibro d/x from drug w/d, but for this to account for "most" diagnosis would require either some kind of vast conspiracy, or would require the hundreds/thousands of MDs who specialize in fibro to all have overlooked a huge and obvious correlation in their case reports. Even if you buy into the idea that there's some kind of shadowy pharma/medical conspiracy, doctors who gravitate towards fibro tend to be edging into alterna-med territory, and such people are by their nature skeptical of drugs and conventional thinking. So, it just doesn't make sense to me.

As far as my personal bias, I know more people with fibro s/x who don't have a prescription background than do, and I know a lot of people who have gone on and off all sorts of SSRIs/benzos/etc without developing fibro s/x. So, I'm sure that colors my thinking.

Where is it coming from then? Why is everyone getting so sick? "Most" only needs to include 50.01%. Thank you for modifying my post. I still do not know how to do it though.

My sister has never taken a GABA acting drug in her life but she has a bunch of very strange neurological issues that are very similar to benzo wd/fibro type stuff an the doctors are clueless at to what it could be.

I think any drugs can cause fibro. ADs have same wd sxs. Alcohol too. As I have said 50.01% constitutes the majority. Probably some of the crap food we eat can cause it too

I'm still not sure how to quote.

Sorry if I have offended anyone with unknown pain that is not caused by drug withdrawal. It's not my intent.

Pain is pain. It all hurts the same no matter the cause. I feel for everyone.

Xerxes,  What doesn my struggling have to do with these comments I've made about fibromyalgia?  I believe it's possible some benzo w/d could be autoimmune.  I had a positive antibody while being on benzo's.  I have a degree as a medical lab tech, and it's just my thoughts about it.  What I meant to say is fibromyalgia accompanies other autoimmune disorders.  So, I didn't get the wording right.  No one on this board is 100 correct or an expert either about their statements.  My statements aren't irrational, just misworded.  Cut me a break. 

I was mis diagnosed with fibromyalgia/chronic fatigue in the past, which appears to be w/d symptoms from my past use of benzos, I was only 25-26, I don't think fibro can happen at that young age.

The GP just pressed a few spots on my shoulder and neck and concluded that it was fibro, and I also told him I had severe fatigue almost all day. So in my experience a lot a benzo w/d sxs mimic fibro sxs so chances of wrong diagnosis are quite high.

I was mis diagnosed with fibromyalgia/chronic fatigue in the past, which appears to be w/d symptoms from my past use of benzos, I was only 25-26, I don't think fibro can happen at that young age.

The GP just pressed a few spots on my shoulder and neck and concluded that it was fibro, and I also told him I had severe fatigue almost all day. So in my experience a lot a benzo w/d sxs mimic fibro sxs so chances of wrong diagnosis are quite high.

Since fibro is an illness with unknown cause, to simply have the sxs means you are someone with fibro according to the medical authorities of the world. So considering that drug withdrawal that is consistent with these pressure point checks "IS" fibro. Origins of other fibro are as of yet unknown. Withdrawal fibro is just that. it is fibro caused by "withdrawal" from drugs. Seems logical to me.

There is no known entity that causes such sxs other than wd from drugs or the paradoxical reactions.

• 3 weeks later...

My sister has never taken a GABA acting drug in her life but she has a bunch of very strange neurological issues that are very similar to benzo wd/fibro type stuff an the doctors are clueless at to what it could be.

The doctors are clueless what it could be but I will tell you exactly what fibromyalgia is and what causes it and how to cure it completely.

Fibromyalgia is caused by an acidic pH in the interstitial fluid between cells.

The effect is muscle and neurological pain as your cells are burning in acid that is not removed by the lymph system.

The cure is too restore the kidneys and adrenals and lymph system by a strict diet that will alkalize your system.

Thousands and thousands of patients have been cured this way by Dr Robert Morse ND.

He can be found on YouTube

Thousands have been cured by a lot of things cause it is just a list of sxs, River! What you are saying is a blanket statement that has no basis. There is not cure for a list of sxs that is a proclaimed illness that has an unknown cause. Fibro sxs have different causes. Sorry to call you on this but what you are saying is not true for everyone.

Thousands more say they were healed from many other things too. Dr St. Amand is another one claiming to heal people of it using guaifeneson. Some is drug wd and some have other unknown causes.

Sorry but you have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to curing fibro.

You do not have the answer to unexplained pain, River.

Sorry. You just do not. All due respect.

Robb

Robert morse is a quack, and if fibro has any connection to ph, no one has ever been able to demonstrate that in a reproducible study.

Gut and urine ph change. Internal ph does not. There is no way it could. If your internal ph is not within a very, very narrow range, you don't get fibro, you just die.

I can find you many anecdotes of people trying Morse "protocols" and not getting better. If it works and is based on facts, wouldn't it work for most people?

Robert morse is a quack, and if fibro has any connection to ph, no one has ever been able to demonstrate that in a reproducible study.

Gut and urine ph change. Internal ph does not. There is no way it could. If your internal ph is not within a very, very narrow range, you don't get fibro, you just die.

I can find you many anecdotes of people trying Morse "protocols" and not getting better. If it works and is based on facts, wouldn't it work for most people?

=) Tell it like it is!!!!!!! =) Where's the science? LOL

• 1 year later...

Omg Robbed, what a great series of posts and discussions about benzo WD and links to fibro - it's absolutely brilliant, that in the course of our recovery we could happen on something that has teeth to swat the big pharmacy and medical community - as a recovering once component of the medical community, I respect the drive necessary to make things happen -

Now after these years, what is your endgame strategy? What are you going to publish? How do we help? What can we do on this end of early recovery?

It's all good, please post or PM or yak - thanks - Dan

I developed fibro out of the blue and I was on no medication, nada, before it happened. I rarely took an aspirin.

• 3 weeks later...

I too developed fibromyalgia before I started meds. I suspect it was triggered by a car accident that I was in because the symptoms started soon after. The only symptoms of fibro I had were muscle tenderness, joint pain, and fatigue that would come at random. Fibromyalgia was really a piece of cake compared to benzo withdrawal! I should NOT have let those doctors put me on meds.

I was diagnosed 'Fibro'' when in unbeknown Benzo tolerance withdrawal on my prescribed dose. For those of you that were'' before benzos'' what about Fluoride in tooth paste? And its in lots of other things  >:( chemicals in personal hygiene products? Chemicals you use in your home? Chemicals added to food? Chemicals in supplements? Vaccines? Chemicals in Make up?

Perfume/ After shave?  Aluminium in Deodorant?Formaldehyde on clothing, bedding, furniture? Tap water? Other meds? O.T.C meds? Surgical procedures? Teflon from non stick pans getting in to your food? Its not hard if you keep looking to find out where the poison that's made you ill has come from, but my 'poison'' was and is definately Benzos  :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

Love Nova xxx :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: