Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Age?

[mi...]

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [mi...]

• [ar...]

• [sa...]

• [jj...]

• 2 weeks later...
Ugh - they did a job on baby boomers too and before that - Mother's Little Helper was about " though she's not really ill, there's this little yellow pill" (Valium) - Written by the Rolling Stones in 1966.

61          ( but I look 51 - I've always looked a lot younger than my age) Hubby is 57, my daughter is 37

, eldest son just turned 30 , youngest son is 26.

However look older than that now.  But hey its all relative-really most of the men in my family dont make it past 60 so I have already exceeded my shelf life.  As my extremely active 92 year old mother in law says the secret is to choose your parents wisely (both of hers made it to 100!)  In our case its to avoid benzos.

I'm 33. Two summers ago, I was helping my mom out with her foot surgery and her annoying neighbor came over to ask if we needed anything. I said that if we did, I could run to the store to get it. The neighbor eyed me suspiciously and said, "You're old enough to have a driver's license?"

I didn't appreciate that comment. Same thing for my husband (32). We both have PhDs and (although I'm now "retired" due to medical problems), we both used to go to conferences together. Periodically, random people would ask him what college he was going to and if he was a freshman or a sophomore.

With all the meds I'm on, I feel about 70.

• 2 months later...