Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Chat Room

[Su...]

[14...]

have u already changed your dosing times sig, or just thinking about it?

Either way I think you will be fine man..

I changed it already.

The panic attacks are scary as hell.

You know they can't kill you or harm you?

I had 4 or 5 in a row before, this was before any Benzo.

They drain you, literally.

I'm sorry you're going through those. I had an anxiety attack earlier.

With the panic, I had to go outside and literally pace, pray, and just felt like there was nothing I could do.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Su...]

• [Wh...]

• [li...]

• [Ma...]

Remember me from real chat Sunny? A long time ago lol. I hate to hear about the smells. I smell things stronger now but nothing odd..yet.

Just here,  I added a dose to make 3 times a day instead of two, and I pushed my night time dose up to between 11pm-12am  from 8pm.  I had no trouble at all with moving the schedule around :)

I had panic attacks before this too keryn and worry about them being worse when I get off. You've had them for hours Mark???

[14...]

I also have the smells, lol.. they are like from my past.

My roommate cleaned the bathroom with bleach one day, it took two or three days to get that out of my nose!

I have smelled things like onions ???

Pumpkins ???

It's weird!

I changed it already.

With the panic, I had to go outside and literally pace, pray, and just felt like there was nothing I could do.

ohh Sig, Im sorry you are going through the panic attacks too man...they are the worst...

Those back to back "chain" attacks ...omg that was hell on earth when I was going through that.  Im thankful that hasn't happened for a few weeks!

I appreciate you being there for me Sig :)

Just here,  I added a dose to make 3 times a day instead of two, and I pushed my night time dose up to between 11pm-12am  from 8pm.  I had no trouble at all with moving the schedule around :)

Thanks Mark!

Jen

Justhere,

Yup I sure have..a few weeks ago when wimbledon was being played, that saturday and sunday I was having them all day long back to back, unrelenting. Those that were in the chat room here that weekend saved me big time....Im sure they remember how crazy I was that weekend.  That was shortly after I jumped.

[14...]

I changed it already.

ohh Sig, Im sorry you are going through the panic attacks too man...they are the worst...

Those back to back "chain" attacks ...omg that was hell on earth when I was going through that.  Im thankful that hasn't happened for a few weeks!

I appreciate you being there for me Sig :)

No problem :)

I know how panic attacks are, I suppose we are the kings of them here.

They are not uncommon, and I never heard of one killing anyone or hurting them..

they feel horrible. I have had panic for years.

I had panic attacks that felt like a heart attack, asthma, and other things rolled up into one, but they do go away..

Now, lol when I have a bad one, I get shocks in my heart and head like, I can't explain it.

They will not hurt you.

WOW Mark. You're amazing for getting through them. I know they can't kill me but it sure feels like it and I always worry about my heartrate. Can't stand that!

I feel the iffy panic attacks....guess it is anxiety.  Feels like i can't breathe and want to crawl out of my skin.  This just started up after being off the drug for 4 months or so.  Felt this sometimes when I made a new cut while tapering.

I remember you Juust, from a year ago.

You're amazing too Keryn. You always have been.

These ongoing panic attacks sound so rough and since I had them before, I can see me having them again. The ongoing ones I mean. Never had one of those. Longest was maybe an hour *maybe*.

WOW Mark. You're amazing for getting through them. I know they can't kill me but it sure feels like it and I always worry about my heartrate. Can't stand that!

I couldnt have gotten through it without my friends here...whoopise, sigma, maranatha.. and everyone that was in chat all those times.

there is no way I could do this alone.

Another thing that helps me justhere, when I am having an attack, is I will get an ice pack and put it under my arm (armpit)  and hold it there for a few mins on each side, for some reason that helps break the attack for me most of the time.  So I will pace around with that under my arms...wonder what the neighbors think?? LOL LOL

[14...]

I had a nurse to tell me during a panic attack, just drop on the floor and get it over with.  :wacko:

She said it was better than fighting it.

I suppose that's true, but obviously she's never had one.

It was you that I read the ice pack trick from Mark! Thank you! It wasn't a full blown panic attack I had a couple of nights later, but it was an anxiety attack and my heart was beating so hard. I went to the kitchen and grabbed an ice pack and put it under my arm. kept switching sides when it got too cold and it worked. Thanks so much for sharing that trick.

We all do help each other. When chat comes back it will be good.

[14...]

Sometimes it helps to breathe into a paper bag. ;)

I was given an albuterol (sp?) inhaler for them, but the paper bag works.

It was you that I read the ice pack trick from Mark! Thank you! It wasn't a full blown panic attack I had a couple of nights later, but it was an anxiety attack and my heart was beating so hard. I went to the kitchen and grabbed an ice pack and put it under my arm. kept switching sides when it got too cold and it worked. Thanks so much for sharing that trick.

We all do help each other. When chat comes back it will be good.

Wow...VERY cool!!!  Im really glad that helped you!! :)  

Sunny,

ya know I have always heard that, but I have never tried it.  I always get the sensation like I am not getting enough oxygen right before the attack starts..I might just try that next time :)

thank you

That nurse reminds me of a "therapist" that was paid $100 to help me about ten years ago when I was having a terrible panic attack. She looked at me and said What if somebody came through that door right now with a gun? There would be nothing we could do about it so we just have to accept it.

Ok, accepting is true, but, I don't think she would have been so calm and cool about somebody with a gun coming through the door. I don't think a quarter of these people have had a panic attack...She made an easy $100 though.

You really did help Mark. Thanks Sunny, I've tried the paper bag but it's never worked for me. I've heard it does for a lot of people though. Man that ice pack did wonders.

Pretend chat is making my computer mad. It doesn't want to post :/

well thank you guys for talking me down, once again :)

Love you guys!!

I'm gonna try to hit the bed and get a little sleep.  I will see you guys tomorrow if yall are on :)

I hope you guys get some sleep tonight.  Have a good night!

hugs